Technology these days have advanced so much that they have a major global-wide influence to the very core of people's lives around the world. Allen D. Kanner, a child, family, and adult psychologist, states in his essay "The Piracy of Privacy: Why Marketers Must Bare Our Souls" (587) that high-tech technology is affecting the people's psychological mind and well-being. I agree with Allen D. Kanner's statement that technology has affected people's behavior in many ways in countless types of situations because of how technology is addicting and how wide it connects people to other people. The 21st century technology’s advancement is so beyond any technology in the past that it warps the lifestyle and ideals of the people in this century. It literally changes the establishment humans’ way of living, well or bad, it rewires how people operate in this world in numerous types of interaction and fields.
Technology in advertisement has become so wide-distributed throughout the world in all sorts of places, which everyone’s behavior is heavily affected by its influence. Advertisement is literally everywhere today, in cell phones, videos, events, buses, websites, and other small or large context. Advertisement targets a specific audience’s behavior in order for the audience to take action in what the advertisement is promoting. Advertisement can alter the decisions people make by simply its appearance, sound, touch, smell, or taste depending on the type of advertisement. A clothing store is having a sale on the hottest fashions which has an effect on the shoppers in impulse shopping for those products that they don’t necessarily want or need. The advertisement attracted those shoppers, for one thing it stated it’s the hottest fashion, pro...
... middle of paper ...
...y of issues to people. Communication has changed in so many ways that’s been altered and adopted in new ways that people have to interpret form their own perspective which leads to misunderstanding. Its advancement create time-saving for people to relax and enjoy themselves more, but a side effect is that they become lazy as a result. Technology affects humans in so many ways like lifestyle, conversations the way it's used, relationships, and more. It seems so helpful to people, but dangerous at the same time, that it’s hard to know whether it’s a good or bad thing; it is simply another gray area that is necessary for humans to live with.
Kanner, Allen D. “The Piracy of Privacy: Why Marketers Must Bare Our Souls” Models for Writers, Short Essays for Composition. 11th Ed. Alfred Rosa and Paul Eschholz. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2012. 94-97. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Seung-Hui Cho was a 23 year old senior that studied English at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. On April 16, 2007 Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and injured 17 others in two separate attacks before taking his own life. This event is known as one of the deadliest shootings by a single gunman in the United States and worldwide. When Cho was a young boy he had been described as shy and mild mannered. Family and classmates report that he never spoke much and they figured it was simply his personality.... [tags: shooting, psychology, mental process]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- “I fear for my life and the lives of others on campus. I do not believe that this student is mentally sound” (Hoeft). Life is a precious thing; one may not realize how important it is until they are faced with a threat on their mortality. More than thirty of Virginia Tech’s students were faced with that mortality on April 16, 2007, when Seung-Hui Cho murdered them with two semiautomatic handguns, and then he killed himself. Many problems lead to this unfortunate event, and many people seem to blame the school.... [tags: Mass Shootings, Gun Violence]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Global Issue: Managing Organizational Behavior and Diversity Review of Subject The success of a company is often based in great part on company culture and a “people centered” approach that recognizes not only the importance of the customer, but equally the importance of its employees. In order to build a people-centered and ethically managed organization there exist core values and practices that are often associated with success. Success in this context not only refers to profit but employee and customer satisfaction as well.... [tags: human capital, company culture]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Does playing video games cause aggressive behavior. Because children and teenagers spend an increased amount of time each day playing video games, they are shaping their values, attitudes, and behaviors. For people who do act out aggressively, the results can be deadly. Monthly, the news is filled with blood-chilling accounts of crimes committed due to a copy-cat obsession with violent video games. This paper will present a brief review of literature and reveal the difficulties in answering this question with certainty.... [tags: Media, Violent Video Games]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- “Two gunmen enter school and open fire”. This was the headline seen and heard on every newspaper, radio, and news broadcast after the now infamous Columbine High School shooting on April 20, 1999. Details about this shooting did not emerge immediately. However, when they did, the entire nation was in utter and complete shock. To begin with, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, ages 17 and 18, entered their school with an assortment of guns, knives, and bombs, ready and willing to take the lives of every individual in the high school.... [tags: anti-bullying programs, gunmen]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- A large percentage of the international consumer behavior and market segmentation literature has focused on the most effective means by which consumers in multiple markets can be understood and those markets organized for successful operations. One of the assumptions in much of this literature is the existence, and increasing influence, of global consumers whose social and cultural differences are overshadowed by their similarities in terms of psychological consumer tendencies. This paper will explore the notion that consumers around the globe are becoming more similar in terms of psychological consumer tendencies.... [tags: essays research papers]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Thornton Fractional South High School represents a diverse school building in the South Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. We consist of a traditional 9th through 12th grade building with the exception of busing students to the District 215 Tech Center for vocational classes. We share these resources with our sister school TF North. Although we consistently outperform TFN, we are behind the state averages on both the ACT and the PSAE. On the ACT, we are below the state average on the composite score as well as on all three recorded sub-categories.... [tags: Race ]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- When plumbing goes bad, hair needs cutting, or the car goes on the fritz, who is going to get the call. Most people will answer “the plumber, the stylist, or the auto repair place down the road at Wal-Mart.” That answer is mostly correct. Although, the focus needs to be on how those people got where they are today. These people, who do so much work for us every single day, need to get some consideration. In most cases they would have gone to a vocational high school or technical college. These are special schools in which students learn the exact skills they need to complete their desired career in an accelerated period of time.... [tags: Education, Vo-Tech High Schools]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Mobile phone is a device which allows its user to make and receive telephone calls to and from the public telephone network which includes other mobile phones and fixed line phones all around the world The use of cell phones has dramatically became a new age of convenience for billions of people around the world. Teenagers are the majority of mobile users in the world. Mobile phones have become one important part of a teenager's life. The usage of mobile phones has re-shaped, re-organized and altered several social facets of life (Ravidchandran, S.... [tags: health, academic, behavior, convenient]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- Video games are almost always present in any house that is home to an adolescent child. While video games are popular among people of all ages, adolescent children are usually the most involved. An article was developed by three members of the Psychopathology department at a university in the Netherlands. While addressing the use of video games the statement was made that “Today, in the United States, 91% of children between the ages of 2 and 17 play video games”(Granic, Lobel, Engels). Children may spend countless hours sitting in from of a television screen, participating in the electronic activities.... [tags: players, hostility, criminal behavior]
1733 words (5 pages)