High School vs. Middle School
The transformation from middle school to high school marks an exciting and overwhelming time in a teenager’s life. It marks the beginning of a new chapter in life and it opens new doors of opportunity. High school is easily over estimated compared to middle school and middle school is very much under estimated from high school. High school and middle school are very different with only a few similarities. The two different levels of schooling have completely different time schedules, different priorities take place, and one schools education system is more advanced than the other.
Everyone remembers their first day of middle school; it was the first day we finally felt like a teenager, even if we weren’t one. Everyone got ready that morning to look as sharp as possible, and made sure all their school supplies were the same color. It was the first time we had scheduled classes, passing periods, and no recess after lunch. At this point, we had to act more mature and take school a little more serious than we did before.
Along with the excitement of becoming a middle schooler, it was all a little terrifying as well. Coming into a new school with new teachers, classes and classmates, no one knows what expect. We were too young at the point to be put in a situation that overwhelming.
We had to learn new routines and a new lifestyle. We weren’t used to the different subjects or having homework for almost every class every day. We had to make new friends, get along with our new teachers, and find new people to sit with at lunch. All of this was new to us because we were in a completely different environment. Some students didn’t adapt to the new environment as well as other which might have led them into...
... middle of paper ...
... as well. Middle school seems to be a mini version of high school if you look at it from a different perspective.
High school is much more difficult, stressful, and challenging than middle school. Middle school’s pain purpose is to prepare you for high school by giving out assignments that are more challenging than others and by rearranging the format of school to help students get used to the different class periods and other unfamiliar routines. High school’s main purpose is to prepare students for college. High school will do this by stacking several assignment due dates onto the same day, handing out pop quizzes, and by packing more information into your brain than you can manage. But, the two different levels of schooling have completely different time schedules, different priorities take place, and one schools education system is more advanced than the other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Life in the middle school and high school was not easy for me. I had become an introvert, I still didn’t know how to be social, and I had very few friends. I was teased for being very quiet, and some people insinuated that I’m scared of fellow people. On the other hand life at home was difficult. My mother had become so bitter and pleased her was next to impossible. She became very harsh with my brother and me, and we were always scolded for even the smallest mistakes. Once in a while, my father would come for us and take us to the city he lived.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- Classroom management is used to describe different techniques aimed to ensure that classroom lessons and activities run efficiently (Snowman & McCown, 2015). It also helps keep students organized, focused, and academically productive during class; while also decreasing behaviors that may negatively impact learning for other students (Snowman & McCown, 2015). As an educator, it is imperative to provide an environment that encourages students to learn, engage with one another and have an overall positive experience in school; in order for this to occur, a classroom management has to be established (Snowman & McCown, 2015).... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, Teacher]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- I always enjoyed history while I was in middle school and high school, but I had many friends who hated it and believed that it was boring and just a list of facts they needed to memorize. I had some great history and social studies teachers growing up and also witnessed some that made students solely did what my friends hated about this subject, memorize facts. It is important to connect the content with the students who are learning the information. For each lesson I will always try to connect what my students are learning with what is happening in the world today.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, Teacher]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- I continued to play basketball throughout elementary, middle school, and two years of high school. During one of my basketball games as a teenager the official and I were not seeing eye to eye on many of his calls. My temper got the best of me and I received a technical foul, which infuriated and I proceeded to walk towards the official to voice additional disagreement. Suddenly, I heard a thunderous, “BOY!” from the bleachers. "Boy", is how my father referred to me when I had really crossed the line.... [tags: High school, Family, Sibling, Middle school]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Life is like the writing, also writing is like the life. When I was 18years old, I came to America to study, it including writing. In other words, I begin to write my life. There are my experience when I was study writing in my high school and Middle Tennessee State University. Three years ago, I came to America. I still remember when I went to the international airport by myself, I was so nervous to come to this country, cause I even didn’t know this country’s life speed and style. The lucky thing is America let me felt lovely.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- When thinking about 6th through 12th graders, it is realistic to divide them into being called middle schoolers and high schooler. Most schools and churches separate them into these two different groups. However, some churches combine them because of them both being “teens” or because of the lack of space for them to be divided. High schoolers are considered the highest students in a school. Whereas the middle schoolers are considered in the second level. Since high schoolers are the highest level of students, this leaves fear and discomfort for the middle schoolers being in the same environment as the high schoolers.... [tags: High school, Middle school, High School Musical]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout middle school and high school I realized that textbooks are not always a reliable source when trying to do research on a specific topic. Sometimes the topic is so limited that any relevant information is omitted and sometimes the topic is not anywhere to be found in the book. The subject that I am focusing on is the American Government, so I knew that within the two textbooks I was analyzing that it would be somewhere in my books, I was unsure how much on the matter would be described.... [tags: United States Constitution, United States]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- One of the most troubling times I have experienced began in the middle of my junior year in high school. This was a time in which everyone had to get their act together and prepare for state tests which would determine if you would either spend an extra year in high school or decide your own future. I was a bit confident because I already knew that I would pass the standardized test, I just wasn’t committed to studying the material I thought I knew. My future seemed bright so the confidence continued and the slacking began.... [tags: Psychology, Christianity, Doctor, Anxiety]
712 words (2 pages)
- Conflict is something everyone experiences in their daily lives; it can happen amongst person’s and their friends, family, and coworkers. Conflict occurs when individuals have a disagreement on a person’s values and beliefs, which could relate to religious or political views. Each person handles conflict differently depending on their personal values, interpretation, and the environment If I had the opportunity to go back and manage a conflict that I dealt with in high school, I would. I like to think I am a very compromising person when it comes to a disput and understands that everyone has different values and views on several things that happen in today’s society.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Person, Personality psychology]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Life hasn’t always been a smooth course for me. There have been some very derailing moments of my middle school as well as my high school life. As a diligent and hardworking student who kept my parents cheeks puffed up, I always did my best to maintain a high academic standing in school. Irrespective of my efforts, I had a few primary hindrances which could have retarded my maximum output at certain courses of my educational life. These heart breaking events published in sequels and series. I would like to take this opportunity, touching the surfaces of their genesis, highlighting salient points and finally driving to conclusion how I was able to pull through these inhibitory factions of my... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
708 words (2 pages)
- Impact Of Globalization On The United Kingdom
- Personal Statement : ' The Trinity '
- My Journey As A Mother
- Inflammation Of A Tendon And The Sleeve Of Tissue That Covers The Tendon Sheath
- Symptoms And Treatment Of A Health Care Provider
- Lab Report : Low Red Blood Cell Count ( Rbc ) And Low Haematocrit Level