Who is entrusted in teaching our future leaders morals, functional life skills, knowledge, manners and many other life teachings? Teachers! So why would teachers not have one of the highest pay rates of all jobs? Teaching is often a misunderstood profession. People don 't see all the behind-the-classroom work of being a teacher. Many people only see a person that stands in front of the class and lectures, grades tests and an enforcer of school rules. Teaching involves much more than that. Being a son of a high school math teacher, I know more about the effects involving teachers’ pay than many people. I say teachers need to be paid more!
Our country does not give the teaching profession the respect it deserves. Sean Coughlan wrote that teachers in China were compared to doctors. Though teachers aren 't saving lives like doctors but are respected by the public. Zhi Zhen wrote that respecting teachers and cherishing virtues are part of the traditional ethics practiced by the Chinese people. So the people in China are taught to respect their ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Some of the most successful people in world, say “I did it on my own, I was self-made”. Well that is totally wrong. Even the wealthiest and powerful people where affect by someone in their life, typically an adult. I’m motivated to become a person to help inspire children to grow up and know they can achieve any dream they think of. Many teachers have that influence and I want to follow in their footsteps, the ideal career would be teaching in grades in middle school. Many teachers that don’t teach middle school say it’s the worst grade level to teach.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, Need]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- learning needs. While working on this project I quickly learned that “fairness” is a relative term and definitely a matter of perspective. When talking to the guidance counselor she gave me a list of what she referred to as the “musts” within the schedule. Then she gave me a list of requests that are typically made. The majority of those centered around teacher wants and desires. There was no mention that “we do this, so that students can…”, or “the reason we do this is because it’s a SIT goal.” (p.29) I found out that teachers actually discuss scheduling and who will teach what classes in departmental meetings.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Need, Education]
1044 words (3 pages)
- I want to be able to talk with other teachers around the school and find out teaching strategies that work for them and implement them in my classroom and vice versa. I would also want to build a friendly relationship with other teachers, sharing each of our successes and failures, always to improve ourselves to better educate our students. For teacher to student collaboration, I want to know what the students want to learn, as this would help spark creativity in learning, and drive them to learn.... [tags: Education, High school, Need, Teacher]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- How a Principal models vision The principal of a school is tends to be the face of that institution. They are the key representative of the school district and the one person that has to mesh the multiple personalities that make up the school. Principals have to then make sure that parents buy into the academic progress and direction that the schools needs to and wants to go in. Principals are most likely the one entity that has the majority of all the facts that would be need to make decisions.... [tags: High school, Want, Teacher, Need]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- This year I went to visit my former high school. I stepped through the front doors for the first time brimming with confidence. As I walked into the main office and saw my former principal he asked me what I was doing here and I answered, “I 'm studying to be a high school teacher”. Doing a double take, he called in another teacher who I have never met, pointed to me and with a smile radiating on his face said, “Look. This is Tatyana. A former student who now wants to teach. Can you believe it?”.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- Traditional Students Students of all ages at across Tyrone schools have one major internet access need: wireless. The traditional student is primary concerned about having a consistent and fast wireless connection throughout the day. Being the primary internet users, students are checking their phones and laptops very frequently. Due to the rapid classroom changing throughout the day and only-wireless capable devices, an 802.11 b/g/n wireless connection is necessary for phones and laptops to connect throughout the building.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Career Paper: High School Teacher In the following paper, the profession of a certified high school teacher will be explained along with an explanation of the career path and requirements needed. The perks and benefits of being a high school teacher will also be discussed. What Is It. High school teachers are individuals who work for schools and instruct students on typically one subject. Teachers also have the opportunity to coach sports as well such as baseball, soccer, golf, basketball, etc.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- “Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” (Education careers- Career Path Information, Monster.com; Para 1) This is a famous quote by Aristotle. He believed a teacher of some sort was critical to the development of ones self, and that someone would receive only positive life lessons from having a teacher. I completely agree with this, and in this paper I will be explaining all the things needed to be known to be a high school teacher.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- School vouchers can be defined as a government-funded voucher redeemable for tuition fees at a school other than the public school that a student could attend for free. When a child is given a voucher, this means that the government has given them their apportionment of money that they would have used at a public school. Some think that if they do not participate in government forms of education then they should have a portion of money for not using it to be able to spend on the education of their choice.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Private school]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- In 2015, the median salary of a high school teacher was $57,200; meanwhile Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers was paid $30,963,450 (Bls.gov, 2016; Espn.com, 2016). Quite a large disparity between an entertainer and for those that cultivate and magnify traits that are necessary to survive in this world. Albeit there are far fewer world-class athletes and celebrities than those in service industries. So, when looked at from an economic perspective this logic makes perfect sense; from an ethical standpoint this is another matter.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Certified teacher, School]
1166 words (3.3 pages)