ELSA at UCLA- ELSA = using chemicals to see if there is venom in roses
Chinese - first year
english- change.org with partner tried to add another barbie of other ethnisities + computer science
LGBTQ field trip,
I 've been in Vaughn since day care. I am considered a Vaughn Baby, someone that has always been at Vaughn since a child up till high school. I grew up in this school thus it was logical that when I was entering high school I wanted to move. I wanted to see new schools meet new people, but overall I wanted to experience what most people call the “real high school experience”, being in a large school.
Throughout my four years in V.I.S.A I learned that this high school does provide us with “the high school experience” in its own way. Not all high schools have to be the same, it’s best to be unique and be resilient. We don 't have to be like every other high school, because our system works well as it is. Thus has taught me the most valuable lesson and the lesson that I wish I would always remember.
During my freshman year, I thought it was going to be like those Disney movies example High School Musical. I thought that we were all going to be like those star students that would do good in all their classes plus have a talent that they are passionate about. When I was in my fifth week of my Freshman year I realized that the idea was all a misunderstanding. I had to work hard to get good grades, which meant many long nights of doing homework, something that is n seen in the movie.
The first day of my freshman year my advisory teacher handed me my schedule, we all revised it and then the bell rang. I was of on an adventure to look for my first period. I had to ...
... middle of paper ...
...use we can 't just wait till the teacher or someone else points it out. Don 't be like the saying “ it goes through one ear and comes out the other”. For staff and administration I advise you to set up a book club. Allow us to read a book on our own and analyse it on our own with a little of help. Being in Ms. Burnett’s class and talking about the books that we are reading in class I felt so awkward just speaking out I always wanted to raise my hand and when I did answer I would forget what I had to say. We should have a group that would read the same book together with no assignments attached to them. If the member doesn’t read then they would be out of the group since the reading group is a need for reading. Also the reading group could encourage the students to read more because they would want to participate in discussion with there peers, “ Keep in the know”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This provided a road block, considering I had to take responsibility as a full-time caregiver, which I gave no second thought. As my mother 's health improved, my personal studies also elevated. With the completely unexpected passing of my father, in 2009, learning from the experience of my mother 's situation, I joined the Upward Bound program at Chicago State University to help the completion of my time at Lane Tech. Becoming a Youth Choir Director of the church I attend (Third Baptist Church of Chicago), upon entering Junior year, proved bitter-sweet.... [tags: High school, College, Illinois, Gospel music]
705 words (2 pages)
- 9th ELSA at UCLA- ELSA = using chemicals to see if there is venom in roses Chinese - first year 10th english- change.org with partner tried to add another barbie of other ethnisities + computer science 11th LGBTQ field trip, 12th I 've been in Vaughn since day care. I am considered a Vaughn Baby, someone that has always been at Vaughn since a child up till high school. I grew up in this school thus it was logical that when I was entering high school I wanted to move.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, Sophomore]
2889 words (8.3 pages)
- High School Experience I had more than one high school experience. I went to three different high schools. However, I was born in Puerto Rico were high school stars on tenth grade not in ninth grade, ninth grade is the last year of middle school. So technically I went to four different high schools. My ninth grade school was called Josefina Ferrero. It was a small, public school located in a suburban, middle class neighborhood. The neighborhood was quite, I remember that in one of backyard of the houses that were in front of the school there was a little store with chairs and tables and we all used to go and buy candy, ice, cheese dogs and thing like that and there was also a pharm... [tags: High school, School, Middle school, Social class]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- When addressing the topic of specialized diplomas in high schools, numerous individuals feel the need to state their opinions, educators and students alike favor this idea, stating it is simply best for students and gives them a competitive edge. Meanwhile, others disagree, saying freshman and sophomore students are not capable of making such decisions. It is, in my opinion, favorable to have a high school experience that allows children to focus on their future career rather than wasting their time on trivial topics.... [tags: High school, University, Education, College]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Lack of Experience How are kids suppose to learn the most valuable lessons in life if their parents don’t allow it. Overprotective parenting causes kids to miss out on lessons that best prepare them for their futures. Most lessons are best learned when someone fails, or does something wrong. Failure helps teach and guide people how to overcome their tasks so they can eventually become successful. People learn from their failures, which will later on help them in one way or another in their futures.... [tags: High school, Lie, Parent]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- I had the best high school experience. I had so much fun but at the same time I did some things wrong, but who cares that was high school I didn’t have any responsibilities or things like that. When I first got to high school it was normal to me because since I was middle school I had a lot of friends in school, and once I got to the high school I went “American Senior High” it was awesome. I n my freshman year I very lazy and crazy since I had all my friends there. I remember we would skip class, skip school and for that reason I failed math.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Secondary school, College]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- High school has been a very irreplaceable experience for me. It has been a very hilly road with many ups and downs. I look back to freshman year and it is hard to believe that in only a couple months I will have reached my first destination out of many more. I feel like my high school experience has very well prepared me for college and facing the real outside world as a whole. Overall, I feel like I have been equipped for not only college, but also life as a whole. I have learned how to how with others and express what I think appropriately.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
1407 words (4 pages)
- ... Wood to see what it was like to be a teacher. From day one I began observing his classes from the back of the room and realized how different it looked from a teacher aid approach. As a requirement for the SEE project, I was responsible for creating my own lesson plan and actually using it to teach my own lesson. With the help of Mr. Wood and the rest of the History Deptartment, my lesson turned out to be a real success. It really surprised me how just for a single class period how much prep work goes into it.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Today I am trying my best to succeed. I knew I was always leaning towards a private college but I wasn’t decided on which college to attend. After seeing Central’s campus and hearing about the many programs and opportunities here I was nearly convinced. Many of my own teachers had attended Central, as well as my own sister-in-law. They all were very happy with the education they had received here, so that was another contributing factor that pushed me to go here as well. I had heard amazing things from my Spanish teachers who had gone here and they told me what life changing experiences they had.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Middle school]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- The High School Experience The high school experience is something that will forever dominate the psyche of most American adults. It was an unforgettable time of fun, rebel-rousing, summer loves and parties. It was a time of warm summer days at the pool and chilly autumn nights, watching the football team and wondering were the party was going to be that night. School dances and hotel parties. Seems like all I can remember are the good times. High School is a very emotional time for many teens and everything matters.... [tags: Papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)