I desire to become a clinical social worker working with physicians to help patients cope with medical issues, diagnose and begin treatment processes with clients, and conduct medical or discharge plans. Because of my undergraduate study in sociology at Texas A&M University, I have gained an understanding of people and their beliefs, behavior, and social trends. Five years from now I envision myself working with families, women and children in particular. I see myself working at a hospital or clinic helping those who face hardships simply too difficult to face on their own...
... middle of paper ...
...uations will prepare me to teach them how to use this barrier as an advantage, instead of letting it hinder them. I saw this first hand in student therapy sessions during my internship at The Monarch School.
Earning a Masters of Social Work at The University of Houston will bring me one step closer to accomplishing my goals. Already having experience from internships, volunteer work, and several mission trips around the world, I am confident and determined to turn my dream into reality. Texas A&M University has well prepared me to become a full-time graduate student at The University of Houston. After conversing with the College Recruitment Manager in the College of Social Work, Ms. Anna Johnson, and going on a university tour, I am more than ready to dive deeper into the Masters of Social Work program so I can begin healing the world one person at a time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have recently had the privilege to visit my high school, East Chapel Hill. When I look back on high school, I remember both fond memories and awkward experiences. I was constantly stressed over my academics, social life, and extracurricular activities. Despite my challenges, I was very fortunate to take rigorous courses taught by amazing teachers. Ultimately, high school teachers have the power to make a profound impact on their students. I attribute my success to my mentors who have inspired me and positively shaped my work ethic.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- The senior year of high school can be the most stressful, yet most important year in a student’s life. A few contributing factors to the stress of the senior year have to do with major life decisions. Choosing a career that a person can enjoy for their entire life is a huge responsibility. Choosing the correct college and major can affect the success of an individual’s career path. Another huge stress is figuring out a way to pay for college. Studies show that the average college graduate has approximately $37,000 in student loans (“US Student Loan Debt”).... [tags: College, High school, Ohio, University]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Good afternoon Mr. Cataldo, I am an alumna of the high school you are currently working in. The reason I am contacting you today is for the reason that, as an undergraduate at the University of California, Davis, I wanted to provide you with some feedback on the approach teachers may want to consider in taking to help improve students in writing. I am interested in helping you and other high school teachers identify new strategies in teaching to help out high school students benefit from a high school English course and be able to apply their knowledge into a college level English course.... [tags: Writing, High school, Revision, Professor]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Over the course of my undergraduate career, I had many opportunities to participate in a wide variety of activities. During my freshman year, I volunteered as a tutor at the Door, a drop-in center in SoHo for disadvantaged teens and young adults. As a tutor, I worked with students preparing to enter GED programs or those already enrolled in GED programs, to solidify their academic skills and help them earn their high school equivalency. Growing up in a fairly affluent suburban town, I rarely witnessed the effects of inequity.... [tags: High school, College, Emergency medical technician]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Thirty one years after graduating high school, I am finally returning to college to finish my undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education. My life has been full of so many good things, but I have allowed distractions to keep me from this particular goal. Married to an amazing man and my best friend for twenty-four years, we have a twenty-two year old daughter. She just graduated from San Jose State University in May and I returned to my college journey in June. Working full-time makes this challenging, however, this is important enough to me that I will be putting in the work needed and I look forward to the day I accomplish my degree.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Dear University High School English Department, University High School, a school acclaimed for their academics and studies, is a great school where students can freely pursue their interests and prepare for college at the same time. Most, if not all the staff, genuinely want to give the students the best education. The English department especially is great at teaching students how to succeed in the future rather than just how to get into college or get the desired grade. As a recent graduate of University High School, I greatly appreciate the English teachers and the materials they taught me.... [tags: High school, College, Educational stages]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Each year around 21 million seniors in the United States apply to attend a college or university right after they graduate high school. These seniors come from a variety of physical, social, and economic backgrounds all looking for a school to better their education. The students are rushed with stresses about having the perfect application to get into the school of which they desire. However, the college/university is faced with similar stresses to find the best students from the pool of applicants.... [tags: High school, College, Education, University]
1751 words (5 pages)
- With higher education academy decision letter beginning to arrive, soon to be high school graduate starting to visualized their campus life. Another alternative has emerged and should be consider as a primarily option. It is gap year. Gap year is a year that high school graduate takes off before go off to college. It is widely consider as an option in Europe as it should be in the USA. Gap year has been showing magnificent benefits in student’s life. Due to most high school graduate student still has not fully developed a solid career path nor area of study, life experience and most importantly a desire to continue college with purpose.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Pioneering the Physiology World Eric Davis, anatomy and physiology teacher at Hempfield Area High School is more than your typical high school teacher. He has become an inspiration to students that choose to take his class year after year while also majorly changing how many high schools view the human body. He has pioneered physiology in high school settings, with his class being one of the few known physiology courses offered to high school students. Mr. Eric Davis gained his interest for anatomy from a young age.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, School]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Getting college financial aid for high school in Nigeria is truly a question that you should start thinking about since you’ll be entering the junior college later. It is by no means too quickly to get started on getting yourself ready for your first job like a university student, and in reality it helps you a lot in case you allow yourself a head-start. However, you 'll never see how frantic you are once you enter your senior year in high school graduation. In addition to that, in the contest to acquire the top scholarships or school funding out there, the first bird all the time gets the worm.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
868 words (2.5 pages)