Finally, I was intrigued with the career of a surgical coordinator, the job responsibilities, salary, and opportunities for advancement. “A surgical coordinator needs to manage a plethora of duties and function in variety of circumstances, for there is no fixed region where he needs to perform. The surgery he needs to coordinate may be an orthopedic or a cardiac one, or some gynecological surgery, or of any other nature, and it is the coordinator’s duty to manage each of them effectively. Starting from the patient’s appointment with the surgeon to fixing a plausible date of surgery, to preparing the patient as on the particular day, preforming examinations prior to surgery, producing the test reports for an analysis, taking the patient to the operation theater-all these need to be organized and arranged perfectly by the surgical coordinator. The average salary of a surgical coordinator is $16.77 per hour. Surgical coordinators with more years of experience, or those in better health care units and organizations may earn higher salaries.” (By Job duty More March 11, 2014) Surgical coordinators move on to other careers with greater pay. ” Though not the most common occurrence, Surgical Coordinators sometimes become Registered Nurses, where the average income is $55k per year. A more common career path for Surgical Coordinators is stepping into the role of Office Manager of a medical office or Practice Manager”. (Payscale.com, n.d.)
Furthermore, the careers (Medical Administrative Assistant, Certified Professional Coder, a...
... middle of paper ...
...ing candidates. No specific license requirements. (Payscale.com, n.d.)
In summary, I think the similarities of a Medical Administrative Assistant, a Medical Coder, and the Surgical Coordinator careers. Is they are all involved with interacting with people. I believe in order for one to be successful in any of these careers, having excellent people skills is an advantage. The flip side of these careers is that in order to stay in demand I believe it would require staying knowledgeable about your job, and keeping your credentials up to date, for technology and jobs change with the times. I would encourage future students to start you writing assignment early, if you should fall behind believe this course is about helping a student to become organized, and to time manage time wisely.reach out to your instructors in a timely manner in order to catch up. Although I
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The time an average high school starts in the United States is before eight in the morning. Even though many are for school starting later, school is still starting early. Research has showed that it affects students waking up early because teens need at least nine and a half hours of sleep. However, many say it is because it is better for the students to go to school early, so the rest of the day is theirs. So, is it better for students to have school early or later. American high schools have not always started before eight in the morning.... [tags: High school, Sleep, Sleep deprivation]
2035 words (5.8 pages)
- Your manager has speculated the following: a. the average (mean) annual income was greater than $45,000. Ans: The claim is that the average mean annual income was greater than $45,000. Let μ be the population average mean annual income, x ̅ be the sample mean average income and σ be the population standard deviation of income. Thus here we want to check, H0: μ ≤ 45against H1: μ > 45; units are taken in $1000. Notice that the alternative is one sided therefore it is a one tail test. Since the total sample size is 50 (and we know if the sample size is >30 we can consider it as a large sample using CLT thus can use a Z test instead of t test) so here the Z test need to be applied, more exactl... [tags: Statistical hypothesis testing, Statistics]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Not the Average White Knight Once upon a time, in the small town of Purpleville, lived a girl named Allana. Allana lived with her mother, her stepfather and her brother. Allana’s parents got divorced when she was a young girl. Allana was a cheerleader at her high school, Purpleville High. She loved cheering for the football team on Friday nights and supporting the Purple Knights. Allana had a boyfriend named Morris. They went to different high schools. Morris was a very jealous person and did not like when other guys talked to Allana.... [tags: American football, High school, Knight]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- The annual report of the company shows status of the company’s business. Through the annual report of the company, creditors, investors, and everyone else can see the financial health of the business for the company. Fords and General Motors are two competitors in auto mobile industry area, and these two companies are most famous automobile companies that United States manufacturing businesses. Since these two companies are in same industry area, the investors compare these two companies which company is more worthy to invest their money.... [tags: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Wandering in Seattle, you can see a lot of people holding a cup in their hands. What are they all drinking. Coffee. The smell of coffee may represent one of the Seattle’s tempting scent. People in Seattle have a great fancy of coffee. It might because of the rainy days in Seattle, coffee might be seen as an element to enliven the dank life. Also, it might because people here are really relaxed. Coffee has already entered into the spirit of Seattle. Coffee shops scatter in every corner of Seattle.... [tags: coffe production, coffee shops]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Many individuals cannot afford the price that it cost to go and receive a higher education. The annual cost of tuition in North Carolina for community’s colleges is on average a total price of $2,432. This is the estimated cost of a full-time college student, per one academic year. A lot of community colleges must raise the price of tuition simply so that the school can have the proper equipment and resources for certain degrees. “Two fields with the greatest demand are advance manufacturing and health care.”-said Robert Shackleford, president of Randolph Community College in Asheboro.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
717 words (2 pages)
- A. RLC as an Educational Specialist and Community Developer Shelby has performed well in this category through her efforts working with the South Tower Assembly of Residents (STAR). There have been a few building wide events this semester—South Cat Social, Falloween, and Study Bucks. Shelby has assisted with the implementation of these events and provided guidance for students to program successfully. Additionally, Shelby has been the main contact for the Business Panthers Living Learning Community this semester and drastically improved the communication and quality of programs provided.... [tags: Student, Education, Student Affairs]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Excluding pre-school and college an average child in the United Sates spends 13 years of their life in school. And if a person elects to further their education and obtain a college degree, another 2-8 years, maybe more, can be added onto those 13. Although it is common to find children at traditional schools in classrooms for 6 hours a day, many people have elected to pursue their education online from home. Tradition school has been around for centuries, one of the great thing about traditional schooling is that it offers a more hands on approach than online schooling.... [tags: Education, College, High school]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Question 1 1. Annual Real GDP growth rate An increase in the market value of goods and services produced in an economy over time is defined as economic growth. Economic growth is usually measured as the percent rate increase in real gross domestic product, or real GDP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic growth). To know what is happening in economic activities if prices are changing over time, growth is calculated in real terms. Meaning that inflation has to be adjusted to eradicate the effect of inflation on the price of goods produced.... [tags: economic studies]
2096 words (6 pages)
- The annual tuition fee of many top universities in the world, according to Laura Tucker s’ report on TopUniversities.com, is never less than $40,000. These universities are the dreams of many students, which include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Harvard University and also Yale University. Why these dreams cost such a high price. Many people will think that the tuition fee has ruined many students’ dream in college education. It is not really true. As Professor in the Economics of Education Cecilia Elena Rouse expresses on Usnews.com, “If you listen to the pundits these days, a college degree is just not worth it.... [tags: Higher education, University, College, Education]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Environmental Ethics : Conservation Project At The Community S.u Garden
- Hamlet, By William Shakespeare
- E Commerce Market By Storm
- Business Management : Business Enterprise
- My Reasons For Pursuing The Major / Academic Program Selected Above?
- A Good Customer Service Is A Critical Component Of A Quality Product