I-Discuss the companies involves in the case:
A) HP’s Size:
HP is the acronym for Hewlett–Packard. This company is an American multinational information technology corporation, created in 1939 by William "Bill" Redington Hewlett and Dave Packard. It is said that HP is the largest company in Silicon Valley and one of the most widely respected technology companies in the world. It is a global technology, services company and world leading PC manufacturers. HP is ranked in Fortune 500 as the fifteenth company, which has the most important revenue in 2013.
Therefore, according to a BusinessWeek Study, HP was the world's 11th most valuable brand as of 2009.
HP has many sponsorships. One well known sponsorship is of Walt Disney World's Epcot Park's Mission: SPACE. Moreover, from 1995 to 1999, and again in 2013, HP has been the t-shirt sponsor of Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Then from 1997 to 1999 it was for the Australian Football League club North Melbourne Football Club. Furthermore, it was the sole sponsor of the BMW Williams Formula 1 team and the Renault F1.
In addition, after the acquisition of Compaq in 2002, HP has made a place in the "Compaq Presario" brand on low-end home desktops and laptops, then with the "HP Compaq" brand on business desktops and laptops, and finally on Intel-architecture servers with the brand "HP ProLiant".
Lastly, the HP group has a number of 1600 specialists of its 130,000 employees spread worldwide. It also has sales offices in 160 countries with 15,000 sales representatives.
HP is worldwide. Indeed, its management is directed from its headquarters in Palo Alto, California, USA. Its U.S. operations are from its office in Texas, near Houston. Its ...
... middle of paper ...
...er than its competitors.
-Selling concept: HP focus on creating sales transactions such as regular promotions to attract customers.
-Product concept: To always offers to its consumers, top notch products in terms of quality, performance and innovative features. HP created new items, such as the HP Pavilion dv4000 and Compaq Presario V4000 series Notebook PCs.
-Production concept: HP sells its product on an available and highly affordable range. HP products can be easily purchased at Courts, Harvey Norman, Best and etc.
-Social marketing concept: HP is all about society’s long run interests. It is reducing its environmental impact by calculating greenhouse gas emissions generated by the operations and use of electricity.
In consequence, when speaking about the target market we have to understand how the marketing mix is distributed. Here are the 4Ps presented:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is a company founded in 1939 by William Hewlett and David Packard. It manufactures a variety of products and operates in over 50 countries worldwide. The products manufactured are grouped partially by function. One such group is the peripherals group which includes products such as printers, plotters, magnetic discs, tape drives and network products. HP has come up with a new product called the desk jet printer with inkjet technology manufactured at the Vancouver plant. The manufacturing process consists of two stages namely PCAT and FAT.... [tags: Inventory, Hewlett-Packard]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Compaq Computers pulled off the largest technological merger in history. In September 2001, Carleton (Carly) Fiorina announced that HP will acquire Compaq’s stock transaction that will value at $25 billion (Hoopes, p. 4). The idea of the merger came up during a telephone conversation by HP’s CEO Fiorina and Compaq’s CEO Michael Capellas during June 2001, the original purpose of the telephone call was to speak about licensing agreement (Hoopes, p. 4). HP and Compaq, a Houston-based PC organization founded in 1982, decided that in July 2001 that the outline of the deal was established and after the announcement of the merger in September, the merger woul... [tags: business strategies and analysis]
2263 words (6.5 pages)
- My report is on the company Hewlett – Packard (HP) which was founded in 1939. I mainly focused on the Personal Systems Group (PSG): business and consumers PCs mobile computing devices and workstations which is one of the major industries of HP. In order to succeed in the business industry a company needs to understand its customer’s needs and create wants for them. HP found out that the customer needed light weight, useful notebook PCs through its Research & Development (R&D) centre. Hence, it created a want; a New Commercial Notebook PC Compaq Evo Notebook N1015v which packs the power and performance necessary for mobility into a stylish design for only $899(US $).... [tags: Hewlett Packard Case Study Market Analysis]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- PHASE ONE Quastion I: Hewlett-Packard (HP) Development Company was formed in the year 1939. HP headquarter is situated in Palo Alto. Hewlett-Packard is one of the largest information technology (IT) firms in the world. The Chief Executive Officer of HP is known as Leo Apotheker (Hewlett-Packard Development Company, 2011). HP is a company that manufactures and assembles personal computers, laptops, printers, and computer accessories. HP also provides software, printer and computer installation services.... [tags: Information Technology Firm, Company]
2336 words (6.7 pages)
- In the computer age, vulnerabilities and back doors into devices are proving heaven for hackers and hell for administrators. Every week it seems that new vulnerabilities are discovered in different devices. Cisco IOS is no different and numerous vulnerabilities can be found in their devices. The aim of the report is to research vulnerabilities in Cisco's IOS operating system. Tools available in Backtrack 5 will be used to exploit the vulnerabilities. GNS3 will be used to set up a working topology to work in conjunction with Backtrack 5 to demonstrate the tools.... [tags: computer age, cisco, network topology]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Hewlett-Packard Corporation plays an important role in the Information Technology products. In the report, it will choose two of the issues which are related to each other from the Hewlett-Packard troubles list. The first issue is the congressional federal did research to the corporate spying and pretexting in 2006. The second issue is about Mark Hurd, who was the president and CEO in HP, was accused of sexual harassment and did illicit business which conduct that he is short of judgment. First, the report begin with identify the moral problem which combine with some relevant background information which can let the reader better understand the situations.... [tags: corporate spying, hp corporation, mark hurd]
1391 words (4 pages)
- Organizational change is difficult and challenging. However, once the change has been made and it is successful, there is one last step that is needed, which is institutionalizing the change. According to Fernandez and Rainey (2006), this is where employees learn and establish new behaviors and leaders institutionalize them so that new patterns of behavior become the norm. This has also been referred to by Cummings and Worley (2009) as refreezing from Lewin’s three stage change model where refreezing is to make the new practice routine.... [tags: Business, Organizational Change]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- 1. Objectives The objectives of the report are to: - Analyze and compare the strengths and weaknesses in management practices of Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Lenovo; - Analyze and compare the strengths and weaknesses in other business practices of Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Lenovo - Recommend changes in management and other business practices toward effective performance for Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Lenovo 2. Analysis and comparison for HP and Lenovo According to report 1, Hewlett-Packard (HP) Development Company is an American global information and technology company while Lenovo is a Chinese multi-national information technology company.... [tags: business analysis]
2974 words (8.5 pages)
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) is a company unlike any other. They serve everyone from consumers to small and mid-sized businesses to enterprises to public sector customers with an extensive portfolio of market-leading solutions specifically designed to meet the needs of each customer segment. In July 1999, Carly Fiorina joined HP as chief executive officer, and was named chairman a year later. A computer maker, HP was the largest business in the country run by a woman. But her initial success at Hewlett-Packard began to falter with the $19 billion acquisition of Compaq Computer in 2002, referred to by some as "Fiorina's Folly." The deal was vehemently opposed by the heirs of HP's founders.... [tags: HP Business Analysis Strategy Management]
2438 words (7 pages)
- CASE QUESTIONS CISCO 1a. How did Cisco find itself in trouble with regard to its intended IT prior to Brad Boston's arrival. Prior to his arrival, CISCO had a decentralized approach to IT spending. Independent business groups were making decisions in fuctional silos. Each group their own funds for IT, therefore, redundant applications such as CRM systems were created. This was a global issue as well as a localized issue. The Cisco philosophy regarding IT was simple: As long as someone was willing to pay for it, the IT department would work on whatever process/project specified.... [tags: Case Study Cisco Technology Question Answer]
992 words (2.8 pages)