The importance of this aircraft can be contributed to the flexibility and aptitude of many types of missions and configurations. Over the years, there have been many models forged after the original C-130, which was flown in 1954. The title of C is the mission, which stands for Cargo, 130 which means the airframe, and then a letter after the numbers is the model/configuration. Our most current model is the C-130J, and it is nam...
... middle of paper ...
...es. Jonesblog/Scientist. Retrieved October 29, 2011, from http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/2008/06/c-130-hercules/
Discovery Channel. (1989) Great Planes- C-130 Hercules. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFeo1xy-Tg.
C-130 Hercules. (2009, October 22). Official Site of the U.S. Air Force - Home. Retrieved October 29, 2011, from http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=92
Lockheed C-130 Hercules. (2007, May 5). Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved October 29, 2011, from
Airforce Technology (2011, May 5). C-130 Airforce Technology. Retrieved October 30, 2011, from http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/hercules/
Simpson, M. (2011, October 19). C-130. The Douglas A-26 Invader. Retrieved October 31, 2011, from http://napoleon130.tripod.com/id535.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The birth of the C-130J in April 1996 was the beginning of a major over haul of the legacy C-130H Hercules cargo aircraft produced by Lockheed Martin Corporation (C-130 History, n.d.). The major change from the C-130H to the new C-130J Super Hercules was the enormous amount of computer technology and software encompassed into the design and operation of this new cargo aircraft. The advancement in technology allowed engineers to redesign this workhorse to flying demanding missions with only two crew positions compared to its predecessor the C-130H with five aircrew positions.... [tags: Computer, Computer software, C-130 Hercules]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Hercules, or known in Latin as Heracles, was the greatest of the Greek heroes, a paragon of masculinity. In art, Hercules was portrayed as a powerful, muscular man wearing lion's skin and armed with a huge club. He was also described as being a macho man buffoon, who was very impulsive. Hercules’ home and birthing place is in Thebes, Greece. Thebes is a city in central Greece. It plays as an important setting in many Greek myths, such as the stories of Cadmus, Oedipus, Dionysus and many other important roles in Greek Mythology.... [tags: hercules, heracles, greek heroes, thebas]
1046 words (3 pages)
- “The Labours of Hercules” introduces the most famous Greek hero in mythology, Hercules. He completes twelve immense tasks at an early age for killing his family while under a curse from Hera. The story of his labours contains many reasons why Hercules is classified as a classical hero. Hercules exhibits many of the traits of a classical hero, including numerous guides, hazardous journeys and several hardships and afflictions. Hercules demonstrates one trait of a classical hero by asking for or accepting assistance from other characters throughout the story.... [tags: The Labours of Hercules]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- The ninth labor of Hercules seemed like an easy one at first, simply get the queen of the amazon’s girdle, the queen even agreed to give it to him. The labor took a dark turn when Hera intervened once more. She tricked the Amazons into thinking Hercules was out to steal away their queen. A battle ensued in which the strongest man alive killed the queen and took her girdle. What seemed like an easy job was made difficult by the goddess of marriage. The next labor involved a lot of traveling for the hero.... [tags: Greek mythology, Heracles, Labours of Hercules]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Hercules Ranim Habbal Hercules Hercules is one of the famous Greek myths; he was the son of the great god Zeus. Hercules (2014) a movie talks about the legend Hercules. The director is Brett Ratner, the writers are Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, and the actor who played Hercules is Dwayne Johnson. Heroism, revenge, and justice are the themes that I will write about here. Overall, the movie was successful to show how Hercules was a great legend, but it missed up a bit by implying that Hercules wasn’t the son of Zeus, yet everyone was repeating this just to make people afraid of him.... [tags: Heracles, Zeus, Greek mythology, KILL]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Hercules is one of the most well-known mythical heroes in history; his associations with adventure and violence exemplify as to why audiences are so interested in him. Virgil briefly writes about Hercules within The Aeneid, showcasing his heroic qualities within a climactic event with the monster, Cacus. Through the characterization of Hercules and Cacus, demonstrations of Hercules’ anger, and exemplifications of vividness, Virgil’s account of the battle between Hercules and Cacus in Book 8 of The Aeneid exemplifies an element of impact, heightening the conflict between the two characters for entertainment purposes.... [tags: Character Analysis, Development]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Hercules: 12 Labors of Hercules Hercules, in Greek mythology, was a hero known for his strength and courage and for his legendary adventures. Hercules is the Roman name for the Greek hero Heracles. He was the son of the god Zeus and a human mother Alcmene, wife of the Theban general Amphitryon. Hera, Zeus' jealous wife, was determined to kill Hercules, and after Hercules was born, she sent two great serpents to kill him. Hercules, while he was still a baby, strangled the snakes. Hercules conquered a tribe that had been demanding money from Thebes.... [tags: essays research papers]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Hercules the great hero and the son of the great god Zeus, was the most famous of all the Greek mythological heroes. Hercules was known for his strength, bravery, and adventuresome personality. Hercules like most heroes had a god as their father, and he had a mortal mother named Alcmene. Hercules like most heroes was not an ordinary mortal and a good example was his superhuman strength. Hercules was the strongest of all the heroes and of course a possessor of superhuman strength. Hercules was an excellence marksman, and also a champion wrestler who once wrestled the great god Zeus to a draw.... [tags: essays research papers]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Hercules, in Greek mythology, was a hero known for his strength and courage and for his legendary adventures. Hercules is the Roman name for the Greek hero Heracles. Hercules's mother was Alcmena or Alcmene, the wife of King Amphitryon of Troezen. His father was none other than Zeus, the king of the gods, who disguised himself as Amphitryon and visited Alcmena on a night that lasted as long as three ordinary nights. Hera, Zeus' jealous wife, was determined to kill Hercules, and after Hercules was born, she sent two giant great serpents to kill him.... [tags: Greek Mythology]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- What Is A Myth. A myth is a purely fictional story that has been passed on for generations, usually involving supernatural persons, actions or events. Hercules (also called Herakles), is one of the strongest and most celebrated mythical heroes. These myths were made up thousands of years ago and have acquired more details as they have been passed down. The story of Hercules is one of a man who was so strong and courageous, whose deeds were so mighty, and who so endured all the hardships that were given to him, that when he died, Hercules was brought up to Mount Olympus to live with the gods.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
3153 words (9 pages)