Many Americans think diets should work overnight to solve their weight problems. They struggle with the challenges they face of permanent weight loss. The billions that we spend on diets every year is a hefty amount. That money is spent towards a dream goal of weight loss. For those of us that want to fit into our skinny jeans, we need a diet plant that will work with our lifestyle so we can stay on the path of health and weight loss. Herbalife is a global nutrition company that sells nutritional supplements and weight management products that support a healthy lifestyle. For 34 years, Herbalife has been offering a safe, simple and effective weight management program that encompasses personal nutrition, education and product training. Herbalife products are sold through independent distributors in over 90 countries. (Herbalife)(businessweek.com)
Herbalife operates on a Direct Selling/MLM referral sales model. The majority of independent distributors of Herbalife purchase the product for personal use and consumption. The distributors receive financial compensation and product discounts. Some distributors purchase the products solely for personal use while other sell outright for commissions and deeper discount percentages.
Herbalife’s direct selling concept is a step aside from a referral rewards program. The only way to purchase Herbalife products is to buy them from an independent distributor. You cannot order direct from Herbalife’s website or in a retail outlet. Independent distributors become independent contractors for Herbalife and they try to recruit friends, family members and prospects to purchase product from them and/or become independent distributors themselves. The result is a $30 billion indu...
... middle of paper ...
...ximately 4 percent of Herbalife’s independent distributors joined the company to earn a fulltime income and the vast majority joined for the primary purpose of buying product at a discount. (Herbalife)
Herbalife needs to secure a marketing/public relations consultant to assist them in preparing some effective marketing strategies. They have a great product that works for them. They have members that are only there to receive discounts. They need a strategy in place that can move the company to even higher sales. Most people have no clue what Herbalife is in the diet/nutritional supplement industry and even a higher number have no idea what the Casa Herbalife Program is, or what Herbalife Family Foundation does to help children’s lives. If a more precise marketing campaign was put into place this company would see record double digit increases.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Stages of a Weight Loss Journey By Sandy Reynolds | Submitted On December 09, 2010 Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest As you begin your efforts to lose weight, you must realize that any successful weight loss endeavor is a continuing journey.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- 1. Customer Segment (6 points) 250 words or more: Is the customer segment narrowed down enough. Ali has narrowed to down enough since she wants to focus on women who wanted to lose weight. Several overweight and obese women have tried to lose weight unsuccessfully because of having medical issues such as weight gain and stress. She should have included the age groups whom she wanted to target. Examples might include middle to upper class women based on age, lifestyle, and income. Does the customer segment make sense with the problem that is being focused on.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Want to know what is standing in the way of you achieving the body and weight that you desire. The first step to take is to make a plan that is realistic and practical. I like to use these easy-to-follow five steps for effective weight loss plans. Keeping these in mind has always served me well and I want to share them with you today if you 're a DIY sort of person. 1.) Set Real Goals With the exception of possibly an MMA fighter losing 20 pounds in 2 weeks is just too good to be true. No true or genuine weight management plan can promise those kinds of results without compromising your health.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss, Obesity]
710 words (2 pages)
- My Plan to Solve the Foreclosure Crisis For one to begin to solve the foreclosure crisis they must first understand that everything is interconnected and there is no one magic fix-all for the foreclosure crisis. It is a result of various factors that must be addressed before we begin to see a glimmer of progress in the current foreclosure crisis and the countries economic state as a whole. Banks have the money; consumers need access to it so banks have all the control. Loosening that control or monitoring it is imperative to a progressive turn in our financial future.... [tags: US Economy]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Now we all have seen these miracle weight lose commercials; with some skinny shmuck, selling the newest improved snake oil. Let us be honest, they want your money, and the industry does not give a damn about you. Look at when they run the ads on TV we all know how much it cost to have ads on TV. Showing many advertisements that show, supplements to get you to lose weight; while bulking up, Diets that eliminate exercise, even exercises that may cause more damage to your body then you will benefit from (have to break down bone and muscle to build bone and muscle.... [tags: miracle weight loss products don't work]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- "If we pollute the air, water and soil that keep us alive and well, and destroy the biodiversity that allows natural systems to function, no amount of money will save us." -- David Suzuki Imagine this: bulldozers growl and grind through a local field, while the whine of chainsaws echoes from a nearby grove of trees. The trees crash to the ground, only to be cut up for firewood or sent to a sawmill, and the remaining ground is cleared of stumps and plowed. The tall grasses and brush in the field are demolished, leaving behind churned-up soil.... [tags: Loss of Biodiversity]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- The Overnight Policy Rate (OPR) The Overnight Policy Rate (OPR) is the interest rate that commercial banks charge for lending excess reserve to another commercial bank. Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM) determines the OPR. According to the article Monetary Policy Meeting (n.d.), “The reason why Malaysia uses OPR as one of its monetary policy is because OPR triggers a chain of many events such as: the Base Lending Rate (BLR), short-term interest rates, fixed deposit rate, foreign exchange rates, long term interest rates, the amount of money and credit and ultimately a range of economic variables, including unemployment, output, price levels and inflation which are the micro and macro factors on... [tags: Economics]
1046 words (3 pages)
- We all know that regular physical activity is an important part of effective weight loss and weight maintenance. It does not matter what type of physical activity you perform exercise, household chores, yard work, or work-related tasks are all beneficial. Losing weight is a battle that I have been fighting for several years. Weight Loss is not only physical, it is also a mental which is why it’s been so hard for me to loose. The lack of motivation starting a diet and sticking to an exercise plan.... [tags: Obesity, Physical exercise, Weight loss, Goal]
703 words (2 pages)
- All women desire beauty. As myriads of women seek a perfect body shape and attractiveness, they will have interest in having weight loss treatment. In fact, losing weight has come into a vogue. People, especially female, do not take their weight into serious account but follow the others blindly and participate in weight loss programmes. Patently, the main culprit of this phenomenon is the omnipresent weight loss advertisements. The slimming companies use advertising as a tool to inculcate the concept that being thin is equal to beauty into people’ minds.... [tags: Weight Loss, Advertising, weight, ]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- On average, when an individual loses something of important value, like an arm or a leg, he or she knows exactly what is missing in their lives, however, if one experiences loss of memory, something much greater than memory is at stake (Kiper, 2015, p. 42). Similarly, many young adults have had experience with memory loss in his or her life, however, these incidents are often times very minor especially when it comes to losing his/her car keys, jewelry, phone, and/or a purse. Unfortunately, for individuals 65 years or older who suffer from abnormal memory lapses, he or she does not have the luxury of living a normal life with minor forgetfulness like many young adults do (Mace & Rabin... [tags: Alzheimer's disease, Memory loss]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- Comparing the Old World Wine Industry to the New World Wine Industry
- Explaining How the Organisation of Sport in Ireland has Evolved Over Time
- Comparing Characters in Athol Fugard´s Marter Harold and the Boys
- A Musical Talent to Behold
- The 1976 Film Carrie Directed by Brian de Palma
- Long Time Gone Unemployment Analysis