We have all heard this one, “Studying should be a fun moment for you, and writing that test should make you happy because you get to show me what you have learned.” I for one hated that quote and it took me many years to find studying as fun. I had to find a way at which I could make sure that what I wanted to learn is what I actually liked. So I decided to make sure that my notes were pretty, and not overload myself with 250+ pages everywhere.
Also, different subjects require different types of studying. For those who are taking Biology or Social Science in the near future, it is ALL MEMORIZATION. Courses such as Math, Chemistry, Physics, Data Management; basically anything to do with a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo numbers requires you to do the questions assigned in class all over again, and sometimes extra. Just a hint, sometimes teachers assign the same questions on tests that you’ve seen just different numbers. There are many different methods to studying for these classes.
When it comes to memorizing, pretend that you are teaching someone else. Though you will look like a fool walking back and forth saying a whole bunch of words that your mother may never be able to pronounce, DO IT. If you can teach someone else how to do something, that shows that you yourself are a teacher and now what you’re talking about. Also when you say it out loud, it is different from read in your head.
On the ot...
... middle of paper ...
...ut never study right up to the test. Always give yourself the time to rest your mind. What that means, is to allow your brain to dwell down for about 30 minutes to an hour. This allows for your brain to prepare your body and mind for the test.
Last but not least, make sure to get enough sleep and food into your system. A healthy mind requires a healthy body, and although you may think that watching one episode will not hurt, and skipping breakfast is not a big deal; it all matters at the end of the day on whether you get a 90 or a 60.
All in all with these easy, quick, tips and tricks on the most awesome ways to study. You as a freshman will be looking at high school as a breeze if it was a breeze because you knew from the start how to study. I for one took many years to develop these habits because no one taught me them. I hope for you to enjoy your next 4 years.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Upon reading the materials for this assignment, I have targeted my frequently used study habits that would make it difficult to succeed in this course. Also, I have learned how to improve these skills and achieve the goals I have set for myself throughout this semester. A dreadful study habit of mine is cramming loads of information in the night before a test. Although I “study” throughout the week, I commonly find myself staying up until one and two o’clock in the morning the night before trying to memorize each word of every chapter my teacher has covered in the last four weeks.... [tags: Learning, Study skills, Mind map, Homework]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- HELPFUL TIPS ON HYPERTENSION AND (HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE) TAKEDOWN Topic: Disease Prevention Notes: Article approved. Edits made as per requests. Proofreading needed. A short guide on everything you need to know aboutHypertension or high blood pressure is the World’s number one “silent killer”. If I tell you that every person who reads this article has elevated blood pressure, I will be right in at least 20 percent of cases: hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a common and dangerous condition.... [tags: Blood pressure, Hypertension]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- The majority of people who enter college already knows what they wanna do and have set their goals and dreams already. Although, most of them have a hard time when entering college because of how different it is than high school. And that 's what I 'm facing in college at the moment, college is different than high school since you have more responsibilities. I also have my goals and dreams and I will make them come true but in order to do so, I will have to work hard to reach it, and with the tremendous help of CPD 150, I believe I will do it.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Impact of the issue related with gaming The playing of online games impacts teenage gamers socially, educationally, ethically and psychologically on teenagers. This issue involves numerous stake holders. They are mainly teenagers, parents, friends, policeman, and the game company. The advantage of playing online game is that it allows people to communicate to numerous numbers of others from different cultural backgrounds and countries. In the game, a gamer may want to exchange his item with someone.... [tags: Tips, Impact, Video Games]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- My area that showed the largest improvement in Academic Motivation was my study habits. This increased by 20% (from a 75 to a 95) and I think that my grades reflect those numbers. I think there were several factorial impacts that helped me grow in this area. The first thing that impacted my study habits and grades were the SIs that I attended. I went to every single Principles of Biology SI that was held and took notes over the duration of the hour, and occasionally two hour, sessions. This in combination with the Biology tutor I had weekly appointments with, helped my Biology grade increase tremendously.... [tags: Graduate school, College, High school, Management]
1967 words (5.6 pages)
- The focus of health care is and has always been, practicing good hygiene, living a healthy lifestyle, and having a positive attitude reduces the chance of getting ill. Although there is not much prevention we can take for some of the diseases but we can certainly practice good hand hygiene to prevent infection and its ill effects. Research proves that hand washing is surely the most easy and effective way to prevent infection in health care. The question for this research: Is Hand washing an effective way to prevent infection in health care.... [tags: Hygiene, Hand washing, Health care]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- As a third year student majoring in biology, I can tell all the trials and tribulations you might face when you get to UC Davis. When I first arrived to UC Davis, numerous biology students, most of who were either pre-health or graduate school-bound, surrounded me. Within weeks of being at UC Davis, I quickly realized that lots of these students were exceptionally smart and extremely dedicated, working very hard to get good grades. At times, I felt like Mufasa from the Lion King, getting trampled on by the stampede of intelligence from other biology students.... [tags: High school, College, Student, University]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- VARK Questionnaire: Study Strategies There are many strategies that can be used to help students study efficiently. After participating in the “VARK Questionnaire” the results revealed that I have multimodal preferences. (A multimodal learning preference is a preferred way of learning new information or material that incorporates several different styles of learning. Different modes of learning are combined such as, visual and auditory). Two of my strongest points in studying are reading/writing and kinesthetic.... [tags: multimodal learning preference]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- ... The final process of the writing process is the final copy. The final copy should be free of any grammatical error and for the most part be flawless. Everyone has the potential to be a great writer. If they put the time into actually thinking about what they are trying to say would be able to succeed in writing. The flow of a paper is essential for a great paper. Paper flow means that a paper is organized in the best way possible. Logical transitions are also important for the end of the paragraph for a paper to be more easily read.... [tags: writing techniques and tips]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Student Success Assignment Some people may call Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder a curse; I would actually consider it a gift. Having the disorder has its challenges, and blessings. However, I find that when managed, ADHD can be a genuine asset in my life. The website “Study Guides and Strategies” provided many useful tips that I hope to use as a tool while learning, or apply in any classroom setting. Using these tricks and tips, the issues that I face while learning will hopefully become managed, and eventually become an asset to this journey we call learning.... [tags: Study Habits]
678 words (1.9 pages)