It has been stated by Frank Outlaw, "Watch your words; they become your thoughts. Watch your thoughts; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your destiny." Correspondingly, this inspirational quote and the outstanding personality desired by a true team player stroll hand in hand. This type of personality requires a team player to be friendly. A friendly personality draws unity within a team. For example, friendliness allows others to approach a certain team player with any problems and be firmly aware that they will be treated with utter respect in return. A tactful team player will most definitely always have the respect of the people around him or her siding in a positive effect on any type of controversy that the player may intervene when encroaching the team as a whole. The act of patience is an important key when conf...
... middle of paper ...
...together, no single one will pull off. By defining what a team player is, it is obvious of exactly what a team player is not. Therefore, in contradiction to what a team player is and what a team player is not, is that a team player is not one who is selfish or need personal recognition for individual accomplishments, but will put the needs of other ahead of their own any day. Being a team player is a wonderful quality to have, and these types of people are usually highly respected above all things. My definition of a real team player and the quote "I won't accept anything less than the best a player's capable of doing and he has the right to expect the best that I can do for him and the team as well" by Lou Holtz has affected me in the simple fact that no matter what obstacles burst my way in life, I will never settle for anything less than everything that I deserve.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- (Beachbody, LL How to Become a World Champion Have you ever thought or dreamt about making a living eight seconds at a time. Have you ever thought of crawling on a one ton bad bovine with horns the size of baseball bats. Have you ever thought about working all year at a sport you love so much and come away at the end with a million dollar check. If so, you are dreaming of being a world champion bull rider. World champion bull riders have to work out, eat right, drill, meditate, and love the sport.... [tags: nutrition, training, athlete]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Tiger Woods The Makings Of A Champion Tim Rosaforte, who is a senior writer for Sports Illustrated, writes this book, which is 240 pages and is based on Tiger Woods development from toddler to PGA Champion. Tim has known Tiger since 1990 where he witnessed Tiger at age 10 winning a National Tournament in Florida. Tim shows his knowledge in the game of golf by telling us the reader about Tiger’s tournaments and quotes from Tiger and his father Earl about his play. Tim has also written another book called Heartbreak Hill, which is also based on golf that I have not read yet.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
710 words (2 pages)
- The previous year before I dove in high school, Pam Aagard was my diving coach for middle school. Even though I started diving my eighth grade year of middle school, I was pretty good at diving. On our first day of practice with almost fifty other swimmers and divers, I knew it was going to be a hectic day. As I walked in through the doors of the Worland Community Pool and sat on the deck already in my swim suit the head coach, Dawn Bellis, asked us a question. “If there is anyone interested in diving please raise your hand.” Myself just being just a newbie at this sport, I was terrified of water.... [tags: personal narrative]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- The Toulmin Model Applied to a Scene from Saladin the Champion (the crusaders) Saladin: Ahmad Mazhar King Richard : Hamdy Gaithe Virgenia: Lila Fawzi King Feleebe: Omar Alharerri Saladin the champion (the crusaders) talks about the crusades to gain Jerusalem back from the Moslem army that was lead by the great sultan Saladin. At the beginning of the movie the Moslems hear about the misfortunate Moslems that are treated badly in Jerusalem, consequently, Saladin takes over Jerusalem in a battle with the Christian leader Rhene who was in charge of these actions of killing the Moslems.... [tags: essays research papers]
1562 words (4.5 pages)
- For basketball star Hakeem Olajuwon,true success meant rediscovering the lessons of childhood. The crowd roared as Hakeem Olajuwon,the 211-centimetre star centre of the Houston Rockets,grabbed a pass.The score was tied late in the final game of the 1985 NBA playoffs between the Rockets and the Utah Jazz. As Olajuwon spun towards the basket,he brushed against Jazz centre Billy Paultz who crashed theatrically to the court.Olajuwon expected Paultz to be called for a foul,but the referee pointed at him.An offensive foul.Angry,Olajuwon suspected that Paultz had been sent in to provoke him.Olajuwon,a muscular 113 kilos,was known to lose his temper.The next time Paultz came over to guard Olajuwon,t... [tags: Basketball Hakeem]
1998 words (5.7 pages)
- Organizational Vision Plan for A Potential Investor Founded in 1999, Champion Broadband (Champion) provides advanced communications services to residential and business customers in Monrovia and Arcadia, California (CA). Champion offers digital telephone, high-speed Internet access and Digital TV over its technologically advanced IP-based network. As a leading provider of communications services, we have continually taken pride in connecting people and enriching their lives. Champion believes in the enduring and essential belief in integrity, service, collaboration, pride and people.... [tags: investor, Champion, plan]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- An Exploration into the Concept of a Single Protagonist in Beth Henley's Crimes of the Heart The Mirriam-Webster Dictionary traces the origins of the word protagonist to the Greek, an ancient term describing an individual who struggled against anguish, one who competed in games, one who leads. The rest of the definition, one more contemporary, asserted that a protagonist was the principal character in a literary work (as a drama or story) or a leader, proponent, or supporter of a cause, a champion.... [tags: Papers]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- The heart disease that stood out to me the most is tetralogy of fallot. But to understand how this heart condition you have to understand how the heart works. The heart is the size of a closed fist. It pumps blood to the whole body to meet the metabolic needs. The average beat for the heart is about 60 to 100 per minute, if anything happens to the body such as exercise or even stress the number of the beat per minute can quadruple. The heart has four major chamber for the deoxygenated blood and oxygenated blood to transfer through the body.... [tags: Heart, Blood, Pulmonary artery, Artery]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- If you put your hand on your upper left side of your chest the first thing you feel is your heart beating. Many people may not fully understand what our heart does, but they know they need it to survive in life. The heart only has one duty, and that is to pump blood throughout our bodies. The heart is just a muscle that plays a huge roll. There is a left and a right side to the heart and both do two different things in order to get the blood through our bodies. Our heart has a superior and inferior vena cava, right and left atrium, a tricuspid valve, right and left ventricle, a pulmonary valve, right and left pulmonary artery, left and right pulmonary vein, a bicuspid valve, and an aorta.... [tags: Heart, Blood, Pulmonary artery, Artery]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- The Champion Lands The former Champion Lands of Vermont consist of 132,000 acres in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. The Northeast Kingdom of Vermont has some of Vermont's most extensive areas of relitively remote and wild lands. A substantial portion of the Champion Lands are located in the the Nulhegan Basin, an extensive area of northern lowland forest and wetlands ringed by hills and mountians of moderatr elevation and drained by the Nulhegan River. The Champion Lands of Vermont are part of a larger system known as the Northern Forest.... [tags: Free Descriptive Essay About A Place]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- The Emancipation Proclamation: One of Abraham Lincoln's Greatest Achievements
- God Through It All
- Evil is In the Eyes of the Beholder: "The Scarlet Letter", by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Push and Invisible Man - Nobody Is Truly Invisible
- Skilled but Classic Techniques in the Movie
- A simple Approach to Managing Stress: Learning to Relax