First impressions are hugely crucial and the best way to create a great first impression is to look clean and fresh. Having healthy, attractive teeth can boost a person’s self-esteem by making them feel confident in how they look. A healthy smile can make anyone feel confident in his or her social life.
Not only does good oral health benefit a person socially but it also helps them economically. Following proper oral care prevents the need for treatment of dental problems such as fillings, tooth extractions, etc. These oral problems can result in treatments with costly bills. But by comparison, the cost of performing basic oral hygiene and preventive teeth cleaning is relatively low (Oral-B).
There are basic procedures to follow in order to uphold proper oral hygiene including brushing and flossing. The first step in maintaining a healthy mouth is performing proper brushing every day. Brushing properly helps lower the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, which are the major causes of tooth loss (Oral-B). It is recommended by the American Dental Association to brush teeth after every meal or at least twice a day (Edwards). It is important to choose the right toothbrush and toothpaste in order to get the best cleaning. A toothpaste containing fluoride will strengthen teeth and prevent cavities...
... middle of paper ...
...e techniques and guidelines that should be followed to keep a person’s smile feeling healthy and clean. This includes proper brushing and flossing techniques as well as regular check-ups. Following these techniques and rules helps maintain the proper oral care that will help anyone keep their teeth for a lifetime. Besides nothing a person wears is more important than their smile.
Crest. Dental Hygiene Topics. 2014. 14 March 2014
Dr. Ernest Newbrun, B.D.S, M.S., D.M.D, Ph.D. Bad Breath More Than Just Embarrassing.
Dr.Roma M MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics KMC Hospital, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Circle, Mangalore – 1. How to keep your oral hygiene clean? n.d.
Edwards, Christy. Proper Oral Hygiene Clara Salazar. 30 March 2014.
Oral-B. Dental Health Topics- Home. 2014. 14 March 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Importance of Oral Hygiene and Flossing Teeth Teeth are more important than most think. Bright and beautiful teeth are an attractive asset. Having healthy and nice looking teeth provides humanity with not only self-confidence, but makes people more radiant too. Everyone knows that cleaning their teeth is important, but a lot of people seem to just look over the simple steps of flossing. Not only can flossing just save teeth, but also a life. Many people do not know the importance of teeth in general.... [tags: Oral hygiene, Periodontitis, Gingivitis]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Oral health in children is a very large and growing concern in the world today. Most children in today’s society do not realize the importance of their oral health, and how it can affect their lives. Even worse some parents do not know how important it is to get their children the dental care and attention they need. However, many parents are asking their children’s dentist some very important questions. First-time parents frequently question what thumb sucking and pacifiers’ can do to their child’s teeth and jaw line.... [tags: Oral Health ]
2612 words (7.5 pages)
- How Eating Healthy Can Save Your Life Eating healthy is important. There is a wide variety of reasons why, but I am going to inform you in the three main reasons such as disease prevention, weight management, and mood/cognition and energy. These reasons will make you second guess your eating habits and will help you improve a healthy lifestyle. First of all, because it helps prevent diseases. There are numerous diseases now a days, and most of them depend on your eating habits. A poor diet has been proven to cause disease such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.... [tags: Nutrition, Eating, Food, Dieting]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- As Gilbert K. Chesterton once famously stated, “Man does not live by soap alone; and hygiene, or even health, is not much good unless [man] can take a healthy view of it”(Chesterton), just like a person cannot be healthy without hygiene and cannot be hygienic without being healthy. Because “more than [two hundred] million children under [five] years fail to reach their potential in cognitive development due to poor health and nutrition, and deficient care"(Grantham-McGregor), it is very important that children learn good hygiene and correct eating habits for a healthy lifestyle.... [tags: Hygiene, Health, Nutrition, Hand washing]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Students and the general population of people steady question the notion of eating healthy such as, what is healthy eating. What qualifies as healthy eating. and what foods are healthy and what foods are not. People and students even question the purpose of eating healthy and how can it be vital to your everyday health and diet. Can it actually benefit you in the long run. Also will sustaining a healthy diet increase my life span. People and students constantly have questions. Therefore, Schools should offer more health and nutrition classes to help students understand the importance and the benefits of healthy eating.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Human body, Eating]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- ... In Vedas the practice of personal hygiene has been stressed in daily prayers. Childhood is the best time for anyone to learn hygiene behavior and same to be applied in the rest of their life. Personal hygiene involves taking regular bath, washing the hands ( whenever necessary), cutting the nails, washing clothing, washing the hair, brushing the teeth and caring gums.(2) The personal hygiene habit can be taught in a fun way. Making up of games to see if child can remember what steps are needed to accomplish a specific hygiene goal.... [tags: hygiene, bathing, infestation]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- As Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) draws to the conclusion of its decade, one of the newest issues has been established based on the lack of Americans receiving adequate sleep, as well as causing a major disruption in their ability to function effectively. Unfortunately, about 25 percent report having problems either staying asleep or not getting adequate sleep to function properly the next day. A new target group has been brought into the forefront by HP2020 includes Early and Middle Childhood (EMC).... [tags: Sleep, Sleep deprivation, Sleep disorder]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- A healthy lifestyle is defined by three different categories: physical, mental/emotional and spiritual. In order to live a truly healthy lifestyle, you must balance all three categories simultaneously. In order to do so you must have a well-balanced/ nutritious diet, regular amounts of physical activity, avoidance of risky behavior (smoking and drugs) and having positive thoughts/attitude as well as maintaining a good social relationship with family and friends. A healthy lifestyle is certainly not something you can achieve overnight but with determination and effort it surely can be reached.... [tags: balancing all three categories]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- Vegetarianism “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet”, as Albert Einstein once admitted. By definition, vegetarianism is the belief in and practice of eating foods obtained exclusively from the vegetable kingdom, and hence of abstaining from meat and other animal foods (Vegetarianism). Vegetarianism originated in 1809 near Manchester, England among members of the Bible Christian Church. This is also an ancient custom that long existed among Buddhists that believed all animal life was sacred.... [tags: Meat, Nutrition, Vegetarianism]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- The essay will discuss three important aspects of sleeping facilities， nutrition and hand washing for a healthy environment in early childhood education. Learning and developments of children are greatly enhanced by a healthy environment. It will also explain three policies that relate to these aspects. Strategies will also be mentioned to elaborate on the aspects and policies. Families, communities and centres should work together to provide and promote a healthy upbringing of young children. It will also include the areas needed to be improving further in the early childhood healthy environment and safety policies and practices.... [tags: Health ]
1346 words (3.8 pages)