As insignificant as it may seem, Saliva is an expression of the status of many of the body's tissues, organs or even systems. It consists of 98% water and only 2% of it are substances whose concentrations and contents as secreted into the mouth are effective biological indicators ( " Saliva"). They change with illness, they change with a change in diet and they change periodically. The periodical change in the salivary secretions takes many forms and rhythms, monitored by internal biological clocks. These biological clocks are simply groupings of interacting molecules in cells and they are responsible for a great variety of oscillations in physiological processes in animals, plants, and even prokaryotes. In humans, all the biological clocks in the body are controlled by a "Master clock" in the...
... middle of paper ...
...ck That Synchronizes Other Biological Clocks in the Body. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
"Composition Of Saliva 2010." Composition Of Saliva 2010. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Oct. 2013.
"Factors Influencing Human Salivary Lysozyme." NCBI. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013
"The Journal of NeuroscienceSociety for Neuroscience." Signaling within the Master Clock of the Brain: Localized Activation of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase by Gastrin-Releasing Peptide. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
NCBI. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 26 Oct. 2013.
"Oral Bacteria: How Many? How Fast?" - Registered Dental Hygienist. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
"Saliva." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, n.d. Web. 29 Oct. 2013.
"Selective Antibacterial Properties of Lysozyme for Oral Microorganisms." NCBI. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 26 Oct. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is some customers who really, really conscious about their health. So, they think they need to have some exercise which they know health is more important than wealth. If health is good then one can earn lot of money without any doubt. In this segment they do not have money problem so they want to have healthy and diet food. Everyone wants to have fit and healthy body but these people mainly focus on their health. As we know today’s consumer more than 80 percent tends to have healthy and diet food.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing mix, Nutrition]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- The first time he met Stiles, the boy was not been happy. Well, neither of them were happy about the situation. His dad had left his Mom for another woman the year before and if he remembers correctly; Stiles mother had died just over a year ago. It made the boy sick to see his mother frowned at by the pre-pubescent twit; when all she was trying to do was, comfort the brat. The kid 's scowl just got worse every time his mom said 'I 'm not trying to take your mother 's place. ' His hatred for the boy was sealed a year later when their parent 's had announced their plans to get married.... [tags: Mother, Father, English-language films, Marriage]
2666 words (7.6 pages)
- A marketing communication plan for Mat Happy will need to promote and inform potential and current yoga enthusiasts about the grand opening of the community-focused yoga studio, as well as educate them on the benefits of practicing yoga. The new state-of-the-art studios are located in Hilliard, Upper Arlington, and the surrounding Columbus, Ohio area. These facilities will provide the community with a healthy activity, and a modern and enjoyable service experience that will help “transform their mind, body and soul (mathappy.com).” For a successful marketing communications tactic, first it would be crucial to take into account the demographic of the intended target.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Graphic design]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- As Gilbert K. Chesterton once famously stated, “Man does not live by soap alone; and hygiene, or even health, is not much good unless [man] can take a healthy view of it”(Chesterton), just like a person cannot be healthy without hygiene and cannot be hygienic without being healthy. Because “more than [two hundred] million children under [five] years fail to reach their potential in cognitive development due to poor health and nutrition, and deficient care"(Grantham-McGregor), it is very important that children learn good hygiene and correct eating habits for a healthy lifestyle.... [tags: Hygiene, Health, Nutrition, Hand washing]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- It might be easier to live a healthy life for many people, but for others it can be very challenging. I have tried to be healthy so many times, but I always fell off the wagon. For many days I would “feel” healthy, but in reality I was not the healthiest person mentally or physically. I knew that I had to change my behavior, and become healthier (or at least almost healthy) if I wanted to live a longer life. I began my journey by drinking more water, balancing my eating with exerting, all while trying to stay mentally well.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Physical exercise, Weight loss]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- In veterinary medicine, there are many vaccines that are useful and are needed to fulfill a safe and happy life for all animals. Vaccines are used in veterinary medicine for multiple reasons, the main purpose is help fight future infections from disease-causing agents. To do this, the vaccine must stimulate a protective immune response in the animal. They are also, made to help with infections and lessen the severity of future diseases an animal may develop at any time. If an animal is not vaccinated, they are capable of contracting highly contagious diseases or also, can lead to death if the disease is that severe.... [tags: Immune system, Vaccination, Infectious disease]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Advertising - Selling Magic Potions and Happy Pills The marketing world is a sea of fishermen waiting for some starving little fish to snatch up the bait. The bait is the commercial. Although the advertising industry provides the consumer with the opportunity to explore what is available, this industry can also lead people into believing that there are magical cures that can eliminate the unwanted and create the wanted. For instance, the print ad for Dove Nutrium Age Defying Body Wash implies that by using this product you can [look] as young as you [feel].... [tags: Media Argumentative Persuasive Argument]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Happy is Healthy In the modern day, most people have heard that being happy is good for health. We all hear this, but no one really tells us why it is so. When striving to be truly healthy, a person must keep in mind that a happy attitude is directly correlated to a healthy physique. Happy people feel healthier because they are more comfortable with themselves, more likely to help others through things like volunteering, and are usually better educated. Once individuals sustain a generally constant feeling of happiness, they start to feel healthier.... [tags: Personal life, Health, Happiness, Health care]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- ukhrajThandi T00542556 How to make body healthy and live a happy life. In this modern era, everyone wants to be healthy because healthy body has a healthy mind. According to psychologies article” there are many things to do to make a happy and healthier life like get enough sunlight during various seasons, keep hydrated, proper sleep and physical exercises such as walking, resistance exercise and act of kindness, art of appreciation. These are very important to follow to remain healthy and happy.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise, Physical exercise]
707 words (2 pages)
- Everyone wants to be happy, healthy and successful. The problem for most of us lies in the question of where to start. Where do those people find the energy to do it all and what is their secret to sucesss. The truth is there isn 't a secret and no one can do it all. It boils down to forming healthy habits that engage your mind, body and spirit. Self-care is at the forefront of success. The following list contains tips to help you find your everyday zen. 11. They set reasonable goals: Success doesn 't usually happen over night.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, Coffee]
749 words (2.1 pages)