“A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools”- Spanish Proverb
In America, the traditional household where one spouse- usually the wife- stays home to take care of the family needs is almost rare. America’s debt problem has increased annually and is rapidly approaching 18 trillion dollars and is still growing (Patton 1). Working long hours, school, after school activities and commuting is overwhelming as it is and trying to bring food to the table increases the stress. America’s main reason for healthy eating “expensive” is due to our definition of price and our method of defining it is comparing price to portion. Healthier foods tend to have a lower density than unhealthy foods, which is why it takes 30 cucumbers to accumulate 1,000 calories compared to one packet of 200g ginger nut biscuits (Healthy 1). There is a substantial correlation between household debt and health (Averett 201). In America, particularly among the low-income populations, there is a "limited financing to affordable and nutritious foods" as a barrier preventing them from having a healthy diet (Carlson 22). Maintaining a healthy diet is strenuous to low-income households because they have limited access they possess in purchasing health foods.
Since the Revolutionary War, the United States’ debt toll has continues to rise and is at an astonishing amount of over 17 trillion dollars today. There is a significant correlation between health and household debt. Individuals with less healthy lifestyles are more likely to hold debt (Averett 201). Those with financial hardship had to cut back on food expenditures. Fast food today in America is very inexpensi...
... middle of paper ...
Americans need to realize healthy foods are affordable, but need to learn the concept of healthy eating and other techniques to make the healthy choice a more desirable option. Regardless of what ethnic background or financial situation a person obtains, everyone deserves the opportunity to purchase nutritious foods. Though maintaining a healthy diet is strenuous to low-income households due to their limited access they possess in purchasing health foods, the government and food industry should focus on producing healthy foods in order for everyone in the United States to afford. If the United States government wants its people to consume more healthy foods, they need to be able to meet us halfway. Eating healthy is not an easy task, but if the government and food industry can decrease their prices for healthy foods, Americans would be more eager to consume them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.1 Purpose of the study The sheer idea of doing my project on “To understand the consumer buying behaviour and preferences in apparel sector in Delhi/NCR” is to gain an insight on understanding consumer expectations and primary benefits that consumer associates with branded and unbranded apparel .The main purpose of this primary research is to help in determining the purchase behaviour connected with apparels and to know the perception of consumers to newest types of promotional trends. 1.2 Introduction The Indian Apparel Industry has an overwhelming presence in the economy of the country.... [tags: perception, brands, retail]
3285 words (9.4 pages)
- Opportunities: Large Market for luxury goods and positive trends in emerging markets Trends that control the global luxury goods market are globalization, consolidation, and diversification (Tavoulari 1). Globalization is a result of the increased availability of these goods, additional luxury brands, and an increase in tourism. Consolidation involves the growth of big companies and ownership of brands across many divisions of luxury products. LVMH is one example, demonstrating to be one of the top luxury companies that dominate the market in segments ranging from luxury drinks to fashion and cosmetics.... [tags: brands, sales, pricing]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- ... Recently, the National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy reported that only a small number of lost dogs usually around 20% are ever returned to their guardians however, the need and use of collar and identification tag are the simplest and reasonable way to make sure your lost pet finds a way back to you. 2. Dog leashes Designer Dog Leashes and Collars are fashion trendy and specially made to make your dog look his or her best. This terrific accessory is designed for use to ensure public safety, prevent your dog from chasing animals, and to avail you the option of pulling your dog back to protect them, in cases of near occurrence of something dangerous in the environment thereby... [tags: Dog, Pet, Stanley Coren, Pets]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Furthermore, at first even though Australia picked up the e-commerce trend gradually, now they have fully incorporated online retailing, which has led to more spending on luxury brands. E-tailers such as ASOS have set up local distribution centres to meet the growing demand. Lastly, in 2013 the current value growth of 5% was marginally higher then the review period current value of 4%. This is mainly because the demand for luxury goods increased. Overall, the luxury apparel market has quite a few trends in Australia and this is primarily due to the fact that the size of the market is growing.... [tags: marketing, brands, companies]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- The World of Designer Children The biological goal of a human is to create successful offspring passing on the parental genes, allowing the race to survive. Most people do not think of wanting a child in these biological terms but think of it as a want to create a family. Pregnancy is quite an investment costing at a minimum of about $20,000 of doctor’s appointments, vitamins, clothes, and hospital bills (Herlihy 1). Just like any normal large investment of time and money people want to be assured the outcome will be positive.... [tags: genetic engineering]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction In recent years, great advancement has been made in medicine and technology. Advanced technologies in reproduction have allowed doctors and parents the ability to screen for genetic disorders (Suter, 2007). Through preimplantation genetic diagnosis, prospective parents undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) can now have their embryo tested for genetic defects and reduce the chance of the child being born with a genetic disorder (Suter, 2007). This type of technology can open the door and possibility to enhance desirable traits and characteristics in their child.... [tags: In vitro fertilisation]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- You are driving in your car when suddenly your stomach rumbles. You are hungry. Do you decide to pick up some fast food or go home and spend the time to make yourself a meal. Let us assume we do not have the time to create our own meal. When you get to the restaurant of your choice, do you park in the closest parking spot to the door or do you simply use the drive-through. What do you choose to eat. Is it something processed and frozen or do you choose something made fresh. After eating your food you decide to go to the mall.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyles]
2888 words (8.3 pages)
- Luxury Brands and Lifestyles, Values and Attitudes of Modern Society and Culture “Luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends” Coco Chanel The display of luxury signifies individual power and achievements. The manner which people dress reflects economic, political, social standing and self worth. Christian Dior quoted “it seems to me that women and men instinctively yearn to exhibit themselves”. Luxury in the fashion industry is usually defined in elements as: silk, gold, silver, and precious stones.... [tags: Luxury Brands Marketing Business]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- Designer babies: Its effects on the future Parents all have the tendency to want what is best for their children so that they can be in a perfect condition. Designer babies have become a popular topic today. Even though designer babies can be used to create a parent’s perfect child, many still have concerns. Designer babies can have both negative and positive effects; however, reports have only showed them having negative effects on our society. Doctors all believe that designing a baby can not only put the baby at risk, however, also our future society.... [tags: Genetics]
2069 words (5.9 pages)
- Abstract Some brands have lasted for decades, even centuries. However, there are others which have not. All brands go through their individual life cycles. Companies continually strive to revive and adapt their brands to the evolving market. Brand managers and their companies primarily determine how brands adapt to their changing environment. Complacency of brand managers and companies, and the evolving nature of the markets are some of the factors that determine whether brands stay or become extinct.... [tags: Marketing]
612 words (1.7 pages)