This research paper discusses some of the health care administrators’ daily activities that that may turn hazardous to the resources. This has been done in view of a hospital as an example of healthcare facility. The main reason for this is that a hospital is a complex, bustling patient centre and an interdisciplinary workplace for various personnel; yet the responsibility of keeping it running lies with the hospital administrator.
As health care administrators oversee the delivery of the best healthcare services to the patients, they are obligated to be good stewards of the recourses. However, over time it has been observed that the health care administrators do not pay much attention to the impact of some of their activities on the environment, as Palese, Vianello, cassone et al (2014), assert that: There have been a lot of changes in healthcare provision which has rendered the task more difficult and more costly hence the need to look for ways of reducing cost.
The administrators’ daily activities that affect resources
Sourcing energy: one of the duties of the hospital administrator is to ensure proper use of the power that is available to the hospital. The healthcare administrator may fail to ensure environment friendly usage of the power in two main ways. First, the administrator may fail to source the environmentally friendly power even when they are readily available. E.g. the administrator may fail to put into use some natural sources of power e.g. solar systems and bio gas even when they could be available. This mainly comes as a result of lack of enough knowledge on the available better alternatives. The hospital administrators should therefore embrace environment friendly sources of power and have them utiliz...
... middle of paper ...
...at are generated by the hospital should not be left to litter everywhere. Again burning them near residential areas is also not appropriate. The hospital administrator should have measures put into place to ensure that the different waste that is generated by the hospital is properly disposed in an environmentally friendly manner.
Procurement: the hospital administrator is also mandated to undertake procurement of the hospital necessities. The administrator ensures that whatever is needed is availed in good time to ensure smooth running of the institution. In big hospitals, the administrator ensures that the tendering process is properly undertaken. In so doing, the administrator should ensure that nothing that is harmful to the environment is bought. The administrator should work in conjunction with people who have knowledge on environmentally dangerous chemicals
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a future healthcare administrator, upholding a health facility is a major aspect of the job. Equally important, the level of care the patients who visit these facilities receive. Based on my findings from an article on Kaiser Health News, the “human element”, has been lacking in facilities nationwide. The article entitled, “Attending To The ‘Human Element’ Is Key To Keeping Patients Healthy”, elaborates on how health care provides care relating to patients has a direct correlation to how patients remain healthy.... [tags: Healthcare, Health care, Health care provider]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Envisioning My Profession Healthcare administration provides leadership and managemnt to health care systems, hospitals, and private or public health systems. There are requirements for most professions in the health industry but with the proper education and certification, most entry-level careers are attainable. Healthcare administrators are leaders so one must be able to handle the responsibility of the job. There are characteristics that can be associated with being a health care administrator.... [tags: Health economics, Medicine, Health care]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Health care institutions are bound to fail without the leadership of skilled and educated Health Care Administrators, also referred to as Chief Executive Officers (CEOs). Whatever types of health intuition, whether mental health facilities, hospitals, private or practice facilities or even a dentist’s office. They all must have an educated, effective and skilled administrator who is capable of leading a fully operational staff and facility. Health care administration is a very complex career field.... [tags: health insitution, health industry, management]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Healthcare administrators are expected to be professional and ethical. Situations will arise where the ethical course of action is not clear. If healthcare administrators learn to be self-regulating and follow their code of ethics, actions and decisions made will be consistent and will be reflective of a good steward of resources. Healthcare administrators are expected to create policies. These policies will affect the well-being of patients and employees. Aroskar (1998 December 31) explains when developing policies, the least advantaged need to be the benchmark.... [tags: Ethics, Health care, Health care provider, Illness]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- The current model of Health care needs teamwork and needs Inter-professional Collaboration. Roles and the significance of each member of the team may be confusing and can cause lack of quality of care to the patient if conflict between each practice is not resolved. According to the Canadian Inter-professional Health Collaborative, inter-professional collaboration is a partnership between a team of health providers and a client in a participatory collaborative and coordinated approach to shared decision making around health and social issues’ (CIHC, 2010).... [tags: Health care, Nursing, Healthcare, Medicine]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Despite the countless advanced in technology and the abundance of health care organization popping up all over the place, whether they are free standing clinics, hospitals, urgent cares or etc, many people still lack the ability to receive quality health care. This has become a concern throughout the world, but especially a more vocal concern for residents of the United States in the past few years. In this paper we will discuss the reasons preventing access to quality health care and how we can overcome the many obstacles that stand in our way to provide quality health care to many who lack it today.... [tags: Health Care]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Abstract External and internal influences are relevant in health care. These influences continue to affect the total operations of a health care facility. I will summarize the insights I have gained into the external influences of the new health care reform policy and quality initiatives. The recent health care reform legislation was passed in the house and senate this year. The senior vice president, that I have interviewed, states that health care reform is an “unknown” for organizations. In addition, I will research the quality improvement initiatives and how these external influences include implications for organizations and health care administrators.... [tags: Health Care ]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- HS 100 Unit 4 Assignment The health care profession that I am pursuing is a profession in Health Care Administration, focusing on the area of a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator. Obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration is the first step to be able to start my journey to reach my goal of working in a skilled nursing facility. Health Care Administration professionals is in high demand and is expected to rapidly continue to grow, it is expected to grow twenty two percent by 2020 which makes it the fastest growing career in the field.... [tags: Healthcare, Health care, Nursing, Nursing home]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Major Threats in Healthcare Name Institution Tutor Date Research shows that, doctors and nurses make use of new technology such as mobile devices in handling patients suffering from different illnesses. It has been established that virtualization is essential especially when it comes to provision of affordable and adequate care for patients who are in a rural setting. On that vein, preventing cyber-attacks and other security breaches has proved that it is never ending. Further studies show that nurses, doctors, specialists, clinicians, staff members, administrators, and other specialists in a healthy facility are using several devices such as tablet, cart with laptops and printers and... [tags: Health care, Health, Health care provider, Illness]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Health care managers referred as health care administrators or even health care executives. The health care managing job at common facilities, the health care manager has all parts or some managers part in the description. For instance, at a home for the elderly that the writer worked at in the past had a “Healthcare Administrator” over the entire facility. Working in a hospital, health care managers may work one section, but he or she will team up with other department health care managers to keep each unit flowing gradually.... [tags: Health care, Employment, Healthcare]
757 words (2.2 pages)