Nutrition plays a major role in one’s health. The body gets its nutrition or fuel through the kinds of food and drinks someone consumes. Well nourished people, are always alert, awake, and have a very healthy body that can take on many kinds of diseases and challenges. On the other hand, “Poor nutrition can cause behavioral issues, …lower core strength, slower problem solving ability, and less alertness” (Ajmera). The intake of nutrition practically determines the body’s whole life and outcome in the near future. Once the nutrition is healthy, the body becomes independent from various forms of disorders, thus, achieving a longer lifespan. With good nutrition, even when an individual grows old, their body will still be healthy and will be able to withstand life challenges. Nearly one-third of American adults are obese. That obesity rate can drop dramatically if people change what they consume on a daily basis. An average lifestyle has been dedicated to fast-food for every meal throughout the day. As children are growing, they look up to their parents, so the parents of the new generation have to set an example. If a parent consumes fast-food everyday, the child will learn and that will...
... middle of paper ...
...ntaining a balanced diet in order to prevent breakouts and problems with the skin and hair is crucial. Vitamin C and Vitamin D are the best aids in times of need for hair and skin. Fruits, vegetables, salmon, and tuna are the best sources of the two important vitamins. When it comes to skin and hair, nutrition should be the first aspect looked at to see if it is well maintained. If it is not given enough attention, it is crucial that this fatal mistake changes.
In conclusion, the body depends on the intake of food to survive. Whether that is healthy or unhealthy determines how long and how satisfied the individual lives their life. The healthier the individual eats, the less chance they have of becoming obese and the healthier and more nourished their bones, skin, and hair becomes. People need to realize how nutrition plays such a key role in their bodies and lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Five years ago, I was inspired by a TED Talk presented by, Jamie Oliver, a healthy living activist, and chef. He explained that we spend our lives being paranoid about death by murder or accidents, yet he pointed out that in reality, the most common causes of death were all diet-related diseases. Surprisingly, homicide was at the very bottom of the list. That was a wake-up call for me. I realized, the choices we make each time we put food in our mouths impact our daily quality of life and have a profound effect on our long-term health.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Medicine]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- The process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth is known as nutrition. Nutritious eating regimen is obliged to keep up general strength of your body. You’re eating method ought to be an adjusted one which holds vegetables, fruits and meat. The benefits of optimum nutrition are numerous. Nutritious and healthy eating offers vitality to capacity for the duration of the day and advertises rest. Great eating regimen is obliged to perform your everyday exercises. Sugars, Fats and proteins are a portion of the supplements that give vitality to your body.... [tags: exercise, health, obesity]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- There is much controversy over whether or not milk and dairy is truly as important as we believed many years ago. Some studies believe that incorporating milk and dairy to one’s diet with lead to stronger bones, while other studies claim there is links to cancer and even osteoporosis. The articles read were examined to be either for or against the consumption of milk and dairy and why their specific ideology was correct. In the article, Health Benefits of Milk and Dairy by the Dairy Council of California, who are innovators in nutrition education and the dairy industry’s contribution to community health, it goes on to talk about the reasons why dairy is important in life.... [tags: Nutrition, Milk, Vitamin D, The China Study]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Pomegranate Health Benefits Pomegranates are often considered as the healthiest fruit around. This is because they naturally have a large amount, specifically, 20% of your daily value needs, of Vitamin C, as well as large amounts of fiber which has immense effects on the overall health of your bloodstream. The most wanted attribute in pomegranates are their anti-oxidant properties. Antioxidants work to damage a certain type of cell called free radicals, which can damage brain cells. There have also been many other suggested but unproved benefits of the fruit, such as depression prevention.... [tags: Vitamin C, Nutrition, Cancer, Vitamin]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Students and the general population of people steady question the notion of eating healthy such as, what is healthy eating. What qualifies as healthy eating. and what foods are healthy and what foods are not. People and students even question the purpose of eating healthy and how can it be vital to your everyday health and diet. Can it actually benefit you in the long run. Also will sustaining a healthy diet increase my life span. People and students constantly have questions. Therefore, Schools should offer more health and nutrition classes to help students understand the importance and the benefits of healthy eating.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Human body, Eating]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- The Health benefits of Salmon American ideals about diets and body images are constantly changing. It seems as though we are always searching for a “perfect” food, one which will keep us slim while providing the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients necessary for survival. In recent years, the focus has shifted from concerns about fat and carbohydrates to overall health and wellbeing. There has been an increasing emphasis placed on ‘organic’ foods – foods grown without pesticides, chemicals, and inorganic fertilizers.... [tags: Health Diet Nutrition]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- The Health Benefits of Vegetarianism Maintaining a well-balanced vegetarian diet is healthy and can be beneficial by reducing the risk of health diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases and obesity. Vegetarians are individuals who choose to abstain from eating foods derived from animals, such as meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products. This type of a diet is practiced for a variety of reasons, whether out of respect for animals and the environment, for the potentially healthier lifestyle, or simply out of distaste for or allergy to meat products.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
697 words (2 pages)
- Health Benefits of the South Beach Diet By promoting only healthy foods and in limited amounts, the South Beach diet proves to be an effective and safe path to weight loss. South Beach permits foods which are high in fiber and low in saturated fat such as whole grain rice, salmon and nuts. The diet does not exclude any particular class of food, fats or carbohydrates for example, but insists that foods high in cholesterol, such as bacon, be avoided. Yet, this is not the only restriction of the diet.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)
- Nutrition If you go into any gym in the world and randomly ask 100 people to pinpoint the most important thing for achieving success in bodybuilding and fitness, you'd probably get just as many different answers. Most replies, however, would involve various training programs or styles. As important as training is, nutrition plays an equally large role — your diet is almost always responsible for either success or failure in bodybuilding and virtually any fitness program. Here I'll present a basic nutrition program that includes some key tips on nutritional timing, metabolic enhancement and preferred food and supplement choices.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
1292 words (3.7 pages)