The first reason that a college education is necessary is because it can help people to get a better quality of life in the future, especially for people who were raised from poor families. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always being told by many people that “knowledge can change your destiny. It makes you not only rich in life, but also enrich you as a productive person.” In my understanding, college education opens a door that can eventually change people’s future as long as they will willing to work hard. Hence, I always had the dream about being like a grown-up to go to college and ge...
... middle of paper ...
...diverse people and ideas. Besides that, one thing that we can’t deny is that learning is always worthwhile in our lifetime, so why not go to college?
Anthony P. Carnevale, Nicole Smith, Jeff Strohl, "Help Wanted: Projections of Jobs and
Education Requirements through 2018," www.georgetown.edu, June 2010
Christian Yang, "DON’T Drop out to Do a Startup," www.blogchristianyang.com, Jan. 2, 2013
College Board, "Trends in College Pricing, 2011," www.advocacy.collegeboard.org, 2011
Higher education. (2014, May 11). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 08:06,
Michael Greenstone and Adam Looney, "Is Starting College and Not Finishing Real That
Bad?"www.thehamiltonproject.org, June 2013
60 Minutes, "Partying and Its Benefits," www.cbsnews.com, May 20, 2012
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... When it comes to prices of the college, it abosuouletly cant be underestimated. Studying at college can be reall expensive for a family. According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2015–2016 school year was 32,405 dollar at private colleges, 9,410 dollar for state residents at public colleges, and 23,893 dollar for out-of-state residents attending public universities. However, graduates can earn this money in a short while. Thus, it is completely correlated with financial situation of the family.... [tags: University, Higher education, College]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Most students will veer away from going back to school because they already have debt from college, and don’t want to get deeper. Students figure that it is not affordable or feasible to go back to school because they have responsibilities they must attend to like paying off student debt or paying off bills. Students may fear of going back to school because of the commitment to studies and the thought that it takes away time to do other things. Sometimes when students can’t find work in their field, they may go back to school.... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, Laborer]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (CTC) would benefit from having a Returning Student Concierge in several different ways. A Returning Student Concierge “is the single-point of contact at a college or university who helps returning adult students navigate the application, enrollment, and registration processes and overcome barriers to college success” (Education, 2010). Through my research, the amount of material I found on this subject was limited, but what I did find has shown me this position is well needed at CTC.... [tags: University, Education, Student]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- The Importance of College Education Young adults today are questioning whether or not they should expand their education after high school. With the scare of student debt, many students after receiving their diploma tend to believe they do not need to continue their education to become successful individuals. They think they are making a wise decision by avoiding student loans and debt; however, in order to succeed, students have to go to college to gain the knowledge and skills that are required in the workforce today.... [tags: Higher education, College, University, Education]
1388 words (4 pages)
- College, a nightmare for most high school graduates, but also a heaven for those who want to pursue their career. Everyone should go to college because college will bring a lot of benefits in the future. In “Report tout benefit of college education” there is a list of what benefits will college graduates get. “No College Education, Fewer Job Prospects; ‘Left Out or Forgotten. Recent High School Graduates and the Great Recession’.” is about how does education level affects the chance of getting a job and salaries.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- Should College Education be Free. Before 75 years ago education was not important as it is now especially higher education, because people mostly worked in farms and factories to make a living. But in today’s high-tech, fast-paced countries people need education in order to stabilize one’s future. People see education as an opportunity to improve their status and move up the mobility scale because today college is the greatest driver of socioeconomic mobility in America (College Affordability, n.d.).... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
1384 words (4 pages)
- ... Then apply to a school of choice and some fallback plan school. It is a process of the acceptance because they have to look at your GPA and SAT or ACT scores to even consider you. During the process of an acceptance, you have to apply for scholarships. Most teenagers come from families who are not financially stable, need all the extra money to pay off the tuition. During high school you need to participate in extracurricular activities to make yourself stand out more if you want a certain scholarship." There is a lot of "free money" out here, we just have to apply for it." I heard this plenty of times, I grew up in a city where it’s who know, whether than what you know to get certain th... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- A college education provides a positive impact on peoples lives, for example, economically stable, better salary, better jobs opportunities. The debate on college education has become a controversy over the years. Beyond the vocation and the desire to be a professional, an education provides personal benefit, also, benefits our country, more educated people equals to a better future. Education can improve your prospects for development, both personally and professionally and in terms of revenue.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- In today’s society many people decide at a young age that further their education is the route that they want to go. In other cases, others decided that work is the only path to go. Having a college education is very important it might take time to complete, but it’s worth it. I always knew that I wanted a college education and I believe that everyone should explore his or her option. Having a higher education opens many doors and also gives you the opportunity to explore life-changing experiences.... [tags: Higher education, College, Academic degree]
711 words (2 pages)
- The Value of a College Education Why is it important to achieve a college degree, certificate or diploma. Generally speaking, what is the importance of having a college education. This is a question that I have been debating and fighting with myself for the past five years. Is it because with a college education a person can get a better job, earn more money and ensure himself of a better life. Or is the whole concept of college a fraud and a scam to manipulate individuals in feeling inferior without it.... [tags: College Education Learning School Essays]
1413 words (4 pages)