This leaflet aims to help you address these habits, understand them and hopefully, overcome them.
Quitting smoking can be very challenging and it is never easy to quit, but if you use a calm persuasion and not demanding or criticising yourself, slowly you will get rid of smoking. About 100,000 people in the UK die from smoking each year. Addiction to smoking leads to many diseases such as: lung cancer, heart disease, kidney problems, pulmonary diseases and it also increases the risk of miscarriage.
Guess what? Even children who live in a smoking environment are influenced to become a smoker as they grow up; smoking has a huge impact on our younger generation as they are negatively influenced by this habit and we as adults are responsible for it. Many people don’t know this is a serious issue but they regard it as normality.
There are a lot of benefits we can get from quitting smoking. You can have a healthy lifestyle and increase your life expectancy. If you stop smoking before the age of 35, your life expectancy will be slightly less than non-smokers. If you were to smoke till the age of 50, you are at a very high risk and your chances of dying from a disease caused by smoking and your disease will boosts up to a 50%. Now that is not very pleasant to hear is it?
In my opinion, I think smoking in public isn’t good for non-smokers because if they breathe the smoke of smokers their health will be unhealthy a...
... middle of paper ...
...e for breakfast? Let me guess! You would have had bacon and sausages instead of having cereal with fruits in the morning. That's not a very healthy breakfast is it?
Minimise your intake of junk food and swap over to a healthier and a 'fruitful' diet. This in turn would make you feel good about yourself and in no time you would have the perfect shape everyone longs to have! There’s no need to skip a meal in a day to improve your diet, it is more than enough to drink plenty of water with regular meal which do not consists of junk food. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is the way to a healthier lifestyle. Challenge yourself, live a healthier life!
It's never too late for anything. You can start living healthier from now on. Say no to junk, say no to cigarettes, and say no to laziness! One life, live it healthy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leaders’ Bad Decision-Making Everyone makes at least one decision in their lifetime and it’s not always a good choice or decision. Some are small, domestic, and innocuous. Others are more important, affecting people’s lives, livelihoods, and well-being. Many of the simple decisions people make like what color pants they will wear today or whether or not they want spaghetti for dinner, etc. are often automatic or based on their preference at a given moment. Inevitably, we make mistakes along the way.... [tags: Cognition, Decision making, Leadership]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Mastering Good Habits and Bad Habits: 4 Cool Tactics As I 've mentioned before, self-improvement really comes down to daily habits and the compounding effects of them. But how do we make sure we do our good habits and avoid the bad ones. I 'm sure you 've heard this a million times before, but according to the book, The Power of Habit, habits follow the same pattern: Trigger Action Reward While this isn 't new news, here are some great tactics that plan around this that can really help you out.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Badass U Articles Summary Mastering Good Habits and Bad Habits: 4 Cool Tactics As I 've mentioned before, self-improvement really comes down to daily habits and the compounding effects of them. But how do we make sure we do our good habits and avoid the bad. I 'm sure you 've heard this a million times before, but according to the book, The Power of Habit, habits follow the same pattern: Trigger Action Reward While this isn 't new news, here are some great tactics that plan around this that can really help you out.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Bad eating habits and education. The Government, the media, newspapers and magazines play a very important role reporting how to prevent obesity and overweight. An Alarming increase of obesity in the population, and mostly in children under 5 years, from 1980 to date, is almost unbelievable, the obesity has doubled in the world. The sedentary lifestyle, poor feeding, the increase of the sugar in the diet in adults, but mainly in children and the lack of information about eating healthy and balanced are some of the causes that lead to obesity.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Overweight, Eating]
709 words (2 pages)
- These days, almost everyone will eventually cross paths with reckless drivers who have dangerous habits while behind the wheel. For many of these drivers, the car continues to serve as a social hobby. They can range from texting and talking, to applying makeup, to failing to use turn signals, etc... Also there is a responsibility that is mutually present and shared amongst all those individuals who come out on the road and drive. However, most modern day drivers have developed dangerous habits that tend to jeopardize lives and properties.... [tags: dangerous, live, properities, cell, phones]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- What is a habit. A habit is a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. Every person has a habit. From small, non dangerous, habits like biting nails or high pitched laughing, to dangerous ones such as smoking, drinking, and reckless behavior. Habits can go un-noticed by people because they vary in seriousness. Breaking habits varies greatly. It can be as simple as not doing something in the morning, to stopping drugs and alcohol. People often pick up bad habits in their younger years.... [tags: habit, tendency, youth, drinking, addiction]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- The 3 Deadly Habits Many people are trapped in a bad habit that they wish they never had. Unfortunately, bad habits are formed more easily than good habits, and are usually the hardest to get rid of. Littering, smoking and texting while driving are all deadly bad habits. Since so many Americans possess these habits, the government enforces laws in attempt to counteract the effects of these bad habits. These habits need to be broken one way or another because they not only affect the person, but it can affect the ones close to them or even a whole nation.... [tags: Cigarette, Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Asthma]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Bad Dietary Habits of Americans You are what you eat", goes a famous saying. If that's truly the case, then a lot of Americans would appear to be unhealthy, chemically treated, commercially raised slabs of animal flesh. While that is not a particularly pleasant thought, it is nonetheless a description of the typical American omnivore who survives on the consumption of big macs and greasy french fries. It's true, and what have the average Americans done about this problem. Asked for seconds and tell themselves that they won't eat much for tomorrow's meal.... [tags: Papers]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- The Impact of Bad Habits on My Life It is very hard for people to accept their mistakes, but the hardest part is to correct them since no one is perfect and it might take some time as well. Some people think they are too perfect in life; unfortunately, I am one of those who believe it. However, thinking that I am a perfect person does not make any harm to people, but, when I come back to reality and see things around me from a different point of view, I realize that are my bad habits the ones hurting my family and friends.... [tags: essays research papers]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- My Good and Bad Habits A habit can be many things, some good, some not so good. Everyone has habits that they would like to change and maybe improve upon. I believe the majority of habits I have are good ones but some are not. These bad habits are the ones I will talk about. Smoking is a bad habit that is not only harmful to myself, but also to the people around me, namely my wife and children. They are the ones that receive the most harmful and the most concentrated amounts of smoke.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
429 words (1.2 pages)