Harlow was born on November 2nd in 1885 on a farm in Nashville Missouri.His parents were named Willis and Sarah Sharpley.Growing up even though he was an only child Harlow had no self motivation to push himself through the work and pressure that school put on him.He dropped out of school only receiving a 5th grade education.Harlow continued to educate himself at home and took up writing.He became a newspaper reporter,covering crime stories.This was not enough for Harlow,eventually he got tired of his life at home and decided that he wanted to go back to school and get a real education because he realized that it was needed for him to make it farther in life and make something of himself.He returned to school by joining a 6-year High School program in which he graduated out of in only two years and as valedictorian.Although as a young boy Harlow didn’t make the best decisions h...
... middle of paper ...
... doubt and of others doubt on him,he rose very high above that.He proved everyone wrong and proved to himself that he was a smart person who deserved to have a successful life.He is an inspiration to everyone that there is always a way to come back and fix your mistakes.He knew he was better than staying at home and doing nothing.He had a passion for learning and knew that staying at home doing nothing wasn’t who he was and wasn't what he wanted to do with his life.He wanted to make a difference and he did just that.Not only did he have a successful career but he had a great life with a big family that he created.He proved the wonders that could come from putting in the effort and believing in yourself.Thanks to Harlow,the great deal importance of a good education and how far having a good one can take you in life is shown.There are no limits out there for us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have You Ever Wanted To Snowboard. As a lifelong snowboarder, I can tell you that anyone who is adventurous and loves the snow is qualified to hit the slopes with me. However, if you want your first snowboarding experience to be a successful one, you must come prepared. First, you need gear, but not just any gear, I recommend Burton goggles, snow pants, a warm jacket, gloves and of course a banging board. Whatever swagger you decide to wear, you are going to want to be comfortable; nobody wants to be out on the slopes in negative degree weather freezing.... [tags: Persuasive Paper]
623 words (1.8 pages)
- [Y/N] stood inside of her cafe. It was time to close up and she was just doing some last minute cleaning. The doors and windows were filled with finger prints,cake crumbs, and icing from the birthday party that was thrown for Ren-Senpai, and although it was fun while it lasted, [Y/N] wish sometimes that she wasn’t the only one who worked around the cafe. She even thought about having Kyouya-sensei help her out on his free hours as a barista. As she sprayed down the door, she noticed a figure on the other side; however, [Y/N] was not able to see past the soap bubbles.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, Sleep, Like You]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- War in Love Domestic violence is defined as the abusive behavior in a relationship between two people that leads to mental, emotional, or physical harm (“What is Domestic Violence?” Para 1). When an individual feels like they cannot see life without their significant other, that significant other selfishly uses it to their advantage to create power and victimize the other. In the United States alone, there are nearly ten million cases of abuse each year (“Statistics” Line 2). As toxic relationships continue to be an issue within our society, artists Eminem and Rihanna create a song and corresponding video titled “Love the Way You Lie” and use it to share what these types of relationships ar... [tags: Abuse, Psychological abuse, Bullying]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Have you ever had an identity crisis. Most people have or will have an identity crisis at some point in their life. Most often, this happens during high school up into college. In my personal experience I had a bit of an identity crisis, but I never addressed it because I simply didn’t care, not until senior year College English that is. The event that occurred changed me as a person. This essay will explain the situation, how I changed, and how it contributed to who I am. Senior year College English class, were assigned an essay.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Conspiracy theory, Lepidoptera]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Would you ever think I was from china. China isn’t whatever one thinks it is, it’s a lot different. If I had to pick a place to live for the rest of my life I would pick china hands down. My experience over there was really interesting I spend my 4 years of high school there due to my dad’s job, he works for the us embassy. In this essay I’m going to explain how and why I went to Beijing, the rough start I had when I first got there ,the impact the school over there had on my life and how it made me the man I am today.... [tags: High school, Academic term, Beijing, College]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Do you ever get the feeling that you are being watched. With advancements in technology this is becoming less paranoia and more reality. Today, nearly everyone has a smartphone, tablet or similar gadget but, how much of what goes on inside these little machines do we really understand. Most companies, especially large technology companies, will stop at nothing until their pockets are lined a mile deep. Because of this undeniable fact, I would not put it past the vast majority of these companies to do anything to turn over greater and ridiculously larger profits.... [tags: online privacy, google glass, presence orb]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Do you ever feel like you can change your own life with the decisions you make. I believe that every little decision you make in your life affects you in some way. You can just wake up one morning and decide that you want to change something, and just like that, you change it. That’s how it was for me, I woke up one morning and I wasn’t happy anymore with a sport I once loved. Basketball, my first love, it just didn’t make me happy anymore. Maybe Coach Brummell had ruined it for me, maybe I just lost that spark to play, or maybe it’s that I put too much stress on myself.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2008 singles]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- In high school most students receive a label it seems inevitable, but what each teen does with the label is up to him or her. The label a student receives and sticks with him or her will either make or break them. Some people go through life trying to live up to the label that they were given and some spend all of their time trying to run away from it or prove it false every chance they get. What most don’t understand is that they are the one who decides who they want to be or who they will become in a way each person labels themselves.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, College]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- “It’s not how much we have”, says Charles Spurgeon, “but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” At first, I did not agree with this statement. I believed that success reflected the amount of money and fame someone had. But after giving some thought to this saying, I discovered that I was completely wrong. In his article, “When All You’ve Ever Wanted Wasn’t Enough”, author Harold Kushner illustrates the idea that happiness is not something that is tangible, because it cannot be measured by a person’s accomplishments.... [tags: Article Analysis, Finding Happiness]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Ever world Ever world, this book was about a group of friends, not close friends but they got along most of the time. A girl that was a sort of oddity in their school sucked them (in the previous book of the series) into a mysterious world. She led them too a lake and it just sort of sucked them in. If you don't get how it happened don't feel too bad because I didn't either. Anyway, they are in this "ever world" and they have no idea how to get out, they only passage is when they fall asleep in the ever world.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1604 words (4.6 pages)