As a lifelong snowboarder, I can tell you that anyone who is adventurous and loves the snow is qualified to hit the slopes with me. However, if you want your first snowboarding experience to be a successful one, you must come prepared.
First, you need gear, but not just any gear, I recommend Burton goggles, snow pants, a warm jacket, gloves and of course a banging board. Whatever swagger you decide to wear, you are going to want to be comfortable; nobody wants to be out on the slopes in negative degree weather freezing. You are going to want to buy a soft board and boots, because they are easier to learn on. Before hitting the slopes, you are going to want to get familiar with your board; I recommended a nice Nitro board.
Now, once you get out onto the snow, you are going to want to get into your bindings and attach them to your board on a flat surface. You want your feet to feel really snug, so you are strapped in. I would recommend jumping around to make sure everything is all tight and tied. It is a weird feeling at first, but just get use...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Zombies have established a hold on the people of the twenty-first century. There are books, movies, TV shows, and video games about zombies. AMC’s “The Walking Dead” is a TV show about a group of people trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. While fans of the show may already love zombies, some fans watch the show with little knowledge on what zombies really are. Matt Mogk’s “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies” is a book that is written to inform readers on everything they would want to know about zombies.... [tags: zombie basics, zombie science, matt mogk]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- “The Art and Science of Recipe Development” Do you know what a recipe is. Who made the first recipe. When was the first recipe made. Where was the first recipe made. Well, keep reading and you will find out. The word recipe comes from the latin imperative of récipé. It means to take or to receive. Recipe was actually a term for a doctors prescription to medicine. The first recipe ever ever was in 10,000 BC. That time was when agriculture started to happened. As well as the first 2 things was was ever made with a recipe was bread and bee.... [tags: ingredients, cooking, restaurants]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- “It’s not how much we have”, says Charles Spurgeon, “but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” At first, I did not agree with this statement. I believed that success reflected the amount of money and fame someone had. But after giving some thought to this saying, I discovered that I was completely wrong. In his article, “When All You’ve Ever Wanted Wasn’t Enough”, author Harold Kushner illustrates the idea that happiness is not something that is tangible, because it cannot be measured by a person’s accomplishments.... [tags: Article Analysis, Finding Happiness]
1060 words (3 pages)
- How to Snowboard Wear many removable layers of clothing, and always be sure the outermost layer is 100% waterproof. Also, always wear goggles. Visibility and eye protection is very important. Second, before hopping on the lift, you should become familiar with the parts of the snowboard. Always wear the right size boots, and make sure they support on your ankles. Wearing boots that are too tight can leave you with sore ankles or chin splints. After choosing the perfect boot, consider your choice of binding.... [tags: Papers]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- All I ever wanted was good grades. I had no other thoughts but just good grade and go to college. I don’t get straight A’s or a 4.0 GPA. I’m not the best in science and math, but I worked hard to atleast get average grades. I always felt like everything was unfair for me because no matter how much I work hard, it doesn’t work out well in the end. I was so blinded by the thoughts of only reaching my goal for good grades and going to college, that I didn’t even realize yet on what I wanted to do with my life after college.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Thought, Want]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- In Ortberg’s The Life You’ve Always Wanted (2002), I found myself drawn to three chapters. These included: A “Dee Dah Day,” An Unhurried Life, and A Life of Freedom. As I read the chapters, I found they each one seemed to build on the other. Ortberg (2002) described how to focus on the little things that bring joy to your life, slow down and appreciate the beauty in God’s work, and live your life in a manner where you seek only to follow in Jesus’ footsteps as opposed to being addicted to the approval of others.... [tags: The Little Things, Coco, The Final Chapter]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Has God ever given you a mission. Has life ever been so hard, but you find the light to make it better for everyone. My Grandparents have always had a huge impact on my life and are very important to me. There has been ups and downs throughout the years but it is all for the better. In this hard journey I found the mission God is sending me on. My Mother received a call from Grandma who was in a fright. My Mother just yelled for me to get in the car and that Grandpa had fell and hurt his hip. We sped down the back roads to arrive at their house to find my ninty year old Grandpa lying in the middle of the driveway.... [tags: Family, High school, Grandparent, Nursing]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- You overhear heavy breathing and consider nothing, but fear scurries to your mind. Then another thought slams into you…. run, don’t stop that’s what you consider as you overhear it oncoming you…. don’t look back you think don’t stop and don't look back. Gradually it starts to get handier to you. You Make a sprint for it and forget about that lungful you want so bad and don’t maintenance about bruises that are forming on your legs and arms. Snap. you overhear a branch snap and suddenly you hear it to your left and right then to your left again.... [tags: jabberwocky sightings]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Do you ever have a friend you try to avoid. For me, his name is Spencer. Not to say I don 't like the guy, I do. The root of the problem, we accomplished nothing, when we get talking we can 't stop, the day will be sacrificed to the gods of unproductivity. Perhaps it is because we are similar, if so that similarity ended quickly, physically different, mentally the same. Spencer always looked like he lumbered out of bed, which was accurate more than not. With black Einstein-esque hair his uniform was gym shorts with a tee.... [tags: Debut albums, Want, Taco]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- How to wax a snowboard There several ways to go about waxing a snowboard. Firs you have to determine what conditions you will be riding in. Then you will have to choose a wax. Say you are going to Vail and the snow condition are.... well lets just say the temp.. of the snow is about 20*. Well the thing you need to do is find a low temp. wax. The way you determine a low temp. wax from a high temp. wax is by the rating.. Low temp. waxes will be in a range from -20* to about 25*. A high temp.... [tags: essays research papers]
393 words (1.1 pages)