Cigarettes are damaging to the whole body. It can lead to harmful diseases such as cardiovascular disease, which causes heart conditions. Second-hand smoke is caused by smoking, which can harm children and adults that inhale or exhale smoke that surrounds them. Many parks, school games, and restaurants have banned smoking because of the harmful effects of smoking. This allows an environment for smokers and non-smokers to enjoy fresh air, instead of opaque smoke. Many workplaces do not have a designated smoke area for its employees, which can create an unappealing workplace. Workplaces should offer a designated smoking area.
Firstly, a designated smoking area will provide a safe environment for smokers and non-smokers. Workplaces with flammable equipment are safer and less likely to be caught on fire. With designated areas, lighting up a cigarette will be more acceptable away from the production building. The reason why it would be safer is because most of the buds will be in the designated area away from the building with flammable equipment that could put to risk the lives of the employees. On many instances, cigarettes do not always cause fires near workplaces, but accidents happen and precautions can be taken to prevent it. It is better to be safe than sorry because cigarettes will still contain a flame if it is not put out correctly. As a result, second hand smoke will not be a big issue towards non-smokers that could interfere with their job duties. Most of the smokers will smoke outside in the designated area because most workplaces do not allow smoking in the building. However, elements such as wind can interfere with the second hand smoke. It is inevitable to control the winds direction. On...
... middle of paper ...
...safety. By constructing a designated smoking area, it would represent the workplace high professionalism. Some people that disagree may say that, but when smokers gather to the area to smoke it can be unappealing if it is visible to the costumers. However, most of the smoking areas are located away from the building usually in the back of the business away from the costumers. In all, specific smoking areas benefit not only the smokers, but also the costumers and the business.
To conclude, it is reasonable for workplaces to invest in having a designated smoking area. It provides safety to the employees, allows the smoker to smoke freely away from others, and it benefits the workplace professionalism and cleanliness. Designated smoking areas can improve situations rather than destruct because it can prevent second hand smoke that is harmful to every one of all ages.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A cigarette is a thin tube of fine cut tobacco rolled in paper for smoking. There are roughly 600 ingredients in cigarettes, at least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many of the others are poisonous. When cigarettes burn they create more than 7,000 chemicals. These chemicals harm nearly every organ in the body. Chemicals found in cigarettes include; acetone which is found in nail polish remover, ammonia found in common household cleaners, cadmium an active component in battery acid, methanol which is a main component in rocket fluid, etc.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Tobacco smoking]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- Trying to quit smoking is one of the best things smokers can do for themselves. The effects of smoking can be extremely harmful to the body and bystanders in public areas. Some smokers feel that buying a “fake” cigarette will help them to quit that horrible habit, while others feel that if the cigarette is “only water vapor” it is not harmful to them whatsoever and they will never become addicted. Using these devices has many health concerns and a variety of different issues about them. On the rise today of a potential “fake” cigarette is called an electronic cigarette.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Cigarette, Smoking]
1737 words (5 pages)
- All over the world people smoke, cigarette after cigarette, pack after pack, killing themselves and those around them one puff at a time. Smoking tobacco, no matter how it is done, is a careless act that harms almost all organs and systems in the human body. One single cigarette contains about 600 ingredients and in the time that one is lit it produces over 7,000 chemicals. Within those chemicals an innumerable amount are poisonous and at least sixty nine of them are linked to causing cancer (“American Lung Association”).It is said that more than sixteen million people are living with a disease that was caused by smoking.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- ... There are many activities that people can try other than sneaking out back and smoking a cigarette. Walking is one such activity that one can try to help them kick the addiction of smoking out of their life. Walking not only takes time out of your schedule to keep you from smoking when you do not need to but also helps you increase your health and helps build back your heart back to the way it once was before smoking came into your life. For those that seem to keep this addiction out of their life just remember what your friend is doing is not good for them and just keep that in the back of your mind and just keep pushing your friend because without you smoking just could stay in their l... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Smoking Should Be Illegal Has smoking personally affect the users. If the user answers no, then the users is wrong. It affects the user 's health even if the user does not smoke, Smoking also affects the place that the user lives; because it damages our environment. Even if the user is not around smoke on a daily basis, more than likely someone in the user family is, which means if they get sick from an illness of cigarettes, turns out this really does affect the user. How can something this small, have such an adverse effect on our world today.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Passive smoking, Cigarette]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- Imagine all of the people that die in accidents such as car crashes, fires, falls, and poisoning each year. If you add all of these together and then multiply that number by four, you get the number of people that die because of smoking each year. Smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the U.S. Each year more than 480,000 people die because of smoking. This is just one of the many reasons why I believe that cigarette smoking should be banned in public areas. I will argue this point in three ways.... [tags: Preventable Casue of Death, Smoking]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Smoking is not only one of the most dangerous things a person can do, but it is also one of the most deadly. Smoking is when one both inhales and exhales toxic fumes from cigarettes (“What is Smoking?”). Cigarettes contain a very addictive substance called nicotine. Nicotine is what gets these individuals hooked on smoking and can potentially be the reason why their lives will be ruined forever. Many people do not realize how life threatening smoking can be which is a really big problem. “Cigarette smoking causes more than 480,000 deaths each year in the United States.... [tags: Smoking, Lung cancer, Cigarette, Tobacco]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- It is commonly known that smoking is bad for the human body. This claim is mainly pointed at the use of tobacco. E-cigarettes do not contain any tobacco, but still contain nicotine, so they are considered as a tobacco product. There are many reasons why tobacco use is harmful to the human body, and there are possible dangers of using an electronic cigarette compared to a cigarette. However, E-cigarettes are exceedingly healthier than tobacco, and have very little known dangers that we know of. First off; tobacco use.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- The Effects of Smoking on the Body Almost one third of the World’s population are smokers for one reason or another, appearance, reduce stress etc. However, I, and many others, find it very difficult to believe smoking can aid anyone’s appearance as it encourages early ageing, and I do not believe that any of the risks that smoking has is worth any amount of stress relief that it can provide. Cigarette smoking can have serious health effects on the human body. Smoking causes a variety of life threatening diseases.... [tags: Papers]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Harmful Effects Of Smoking Cigarettes Mentioned Photos Not Included There are numerous effects of smoking Cigarettes that affect the individual. They can affect not only your health but also your social and family life. It can also affect the non-smoker around you. Non-smokers suffer from allergies, noise and eye irritations and headaches as a result of inhaling second hand smoke. Smoking while you're pregnant can result to the growth of the foetus and may even result in the death of the baby. Below are some long term and short term effects of smoking.... [tags: Informative Essays Nicotine]
1243 words (3.6 pages)