Have you ever tried the popular e-cigarettes? What do you think of them? Most people assume that e-cigarettes are not only safe because they produce vapor without burning tobacco, but also beneficial because people who don’t want to quit smoking can have the same pleasure with less harm by using e-cigarettes as alternatives for tobacco. Even though e-cigarettes are less harmful than traditional cigarettes, smokers consume more e-cigarettes in the long run because of the concept of e-cigarettes being less harmful. E-cigarettes are bad for smokers because they contain lots of harmful chemicals and the lack of regulation of e-cigarettes can lead to more dangers for smokers.
The profit of e-cigarettes has attracted many companies to enter the market of e-cigarettes. An American called Herbert A. Gilbert invented the first cigarette device that uses the nicotine solution to produce vapor and he got a patent for it in 1963. However, it was never produced by industry to make profit. In 2003, an inventor from China called Hon Lik produced the first modern cigarette, the e-cigarette, which has a cartridge containing nicotine that can be vaporized by heat (Taylor, 2015). In 2004, e-cigarettes were presented and sold in the market in China. Even though many people thought about the prohibition of e-cigarettes, they were still legal. International companies found out the huge profit behind the industry of e-cigarettes so that a large portion of e-cigarettes were imported to the United States. E-cigarettes were sold through the internet and people could access them easily. Many e-cigarette companies advertised their brands so that the market became extremely competitive. E-cigarettes also were taking over the market of conventi...
... middle of paper ...
...beneficial. E-cigarettes can cause potential risks by products themselves and the dual-use of smokers. Additionally, e-cigarettes are far less regulated than conventional cigarettes. Compared to traditional cigarettes, e-cigarettes are more dangerous because they are used more as smokers perceive e-cigarettes as less harmful products. However, e-cigarettes companies still need more time to make their products to become better with more research. Just because they are not good for people doesn’t mean they don’t have a bright future. Someday, e-cigarettes may be no harm at all and become an alternative to help people quit smoking real cigarettes because the concentration of nicotine in e-cigarettes can gradually decrease so that people can give up cigarettes easily. Scientists need to do more research and the government should impose more regulations for e-cigarettes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cigarettes are a thin cylinder of finely cut tobacco that is rolled in paper for smoking. There are also many manufactured cigarettes that also have filters on one end that are intended to trap some of the toxic chemicals contained in cigarette smoke. Tobacco and ammonia are contained inside cigarettes. Tobacco is a green, leafy plant that is grown in warm climates. Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3. With these conditions, cigarettes are hazardous to health. They also have a complex of 7,000 chemicals.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco smoking, Tobacco, Cancer]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Harmful Effects Of Smoking Cigarettes Mentioned Photos Not Included There are numerous effects of smoking Cigarettes that affect the individual. They can affect not only your health but also your social and family life. It can also affect the non-smoker around you. Non-smokers suffer from allergies, noise and eye irritations and headaches as a result of inhaling second hand smoke. Smoking while you're pregnant can result to the growth of the foetus and may even result in the death of the baby. Below are some long term and short term effects of smoking.... [tags: Informative Essays Nicotine]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Smoking Life Away Smoke travels far. After the smoke is released, it diffuses and travels in the atmosphere reaching just about anything at a reasonable distance. When one smoker puffs out, it affects that person, somebody across from that person, and the clean air around that person. Ever wonder why warnings and disclaimers are always present with anything that concerns smoking. This is because it is dangerous, and it is harmful , and it should warn you about the lasting impact it leaves you.... [tags: smokers, environment, cancer]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Cigarettes are harmful to more than just the operator, conjured up by man for profit. Cigarettes hold over 7000 chemicals in a single puff and more than 70 chemicals in a single cigarette are carcinogens. If those facts raise eyebrows then the fact that 1 and 5 deaths are directly related to cigarette smoke. One fifth of all deaths in the United States, that is 1,300 people a day and 480,000 a year that pass strictly because of smoking. More than shark attacks, building fires, and car accidents combined.... [tags: Smoking, Passive smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- E-cigs, invented in 2003 by Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik, are battery-operated devices that emit doses of vaporized nicotine or non-nicotine vaporized solutions without tobacco. The primary purpose of e-cigs is to replace traditional cigarettes, which have already existed in the world for more than two hundred years. People have known that traditional cigarettes contain harmful compounds which threaten health, but people easily ignore the harm which tobacco causes in the environment. The process of producing e-cigarettes is completely different from the process of producing traditional cigarettes, and one of the most obvious advantages is the lack of planting tobacco which occupies an importa... [tags: Tobacco, Cigarette, Nicotine]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- A cigarette is a thin tube of fine cut tobacco rolled in paper for smoking. There are roughly 600 ingredients in cigarettes, at least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many of the others are poisonous. When cigarettes burn they create more than 7,000 chemicals. These chemicals harm nearly every organ in the body. Chemicals found in cigarettes include; acetone which is found in nail polish remover, ammonia found in common household cleaners, cadmium an active component in battery acid, methanol which is a main component in rocket fluid, etc.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Tobacco smoking]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- Abstract An electronic cigarette (e-cig or e-cigarette), personal vaporizer (PV) or electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) is a battery-powered vaporizer that simulates the feeling of smoking. The user breathes in an aerosol, commonly referred to as vapor, rather than cigarette smoke. Limited evidence suggests e-cigarettes are safer than traditional cigarettes. People who do not already smoke can become addicted to them (Barrington-Trimis, Samet, McConnell, 2014). While Electronic Cigarettes do not contain as many chemicals as regular cigarettes and the nicotine is only a small amount compared to a pack, electronic cigarettes still prove to be dangerous just as regular cigarettes.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Tobacco Cigarettes vs. Electronic Cigarettes Around the world it is known that tobacco products can be harmful to your body. Globally, tobacco is the leading cause of certain cancers and heart diseases. Some people may not realize that the ingredients in a cigarette are not only harming their heart, but also their mouth. Cancers can first be detected in the oral cavity since it is the spot that cigarette smoke hits first. Although smoking and tobacco use has gone down in the past years people find that it is very hard to quit.... [tags: kicking the smoking habit]
692 words (2 pages)
- There is a new trend hitting the market known as e-cigarettes, or “vaping.” Many people believe that e-cigarettes are better than traditional cigarettes, but research shows just how unhealthy and harmful e-cigarettes are for everyone. The FDA has not yet decided if e-cigarettes should be regulated like tobacco products. E-cigarettes are marketed to help people quit smoking and live a healthier nonsmoking life. E-cigarettes are meant to help break the habit of smoking, but why are there so many “toxic chemicals” (Gilger) in the vapor.... [tags: vaping, unhealthy, harmful]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- I. Introduction a. Audience hook: Everyone knows someone whose life has been affected by cigarette smoking. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are more than 40 million current cigarette smokers in the United States and greater than 16 million Americans live with diseases caused by smoking (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015). Recent data from the CDC reveals that about 70% of current smokers want to quit (CDC, 2015). Electronic cigarettes are becoming very popular as a less harmful alternative to smoking and may be viewed as a possible cessation tool.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1523 words (4.4 pages)