I have had an opportunity to experience different levels of customer service from several companies within home appliance repair service sector. These experiences ranged from very positive to extremely negative.
I run into poor customer service when the dishwasher in my house stopped functioning properly and was only cleaning dishes that were located on the lower rack. I contacted the warranty company and they have found a repair provider within my area and were able to schedule an appointment for the technician to come out and evaluate the situation. Once the technician inspected the dishwasher he concluded that a part will need to get replaced. He said that he will order this new part and will contact me to schedule the installation.
After about two weeks of not getting any updates from the repair technician I called the company and was connected with the customer service representative that was not familiar with my case and could only say that they will contact the technician that is handling my repair and will give me a call back with in 24 hours. As 24 and then 48 hours went by without getting a call from the company I have called them again and was connected with a different representative that once more was not familiar with my situation and had no update on the status of the part order. They provided the same response that the technician will give me a call back, but instead I requested to speak to their manager and was transferred to another person, supposedly a manager. Speaking with the manager also did not yield any results since he had no information on the status of the order either.
At this point I have decided to contact the warranty company and have them try to get some...
... middle of paper ...
...izational hierarchy and available for inspection by on the company’s intranet. This would provide all employees with an opportunity to contribute solutions that address customer problems.
Noticeable differences are apparent after comparing the complaint management processes of the previously described appliance repair companies with the newly developed procedure for handling client issues. In the case of the first organization, with the poor customer services response, it seems that once the representative was not able to handle the initial inquiry there was no mechanism in place to escalate and track the progress of the issue in the company. Another component that seems to be missing in that organization is the measurement, analysis and feedback process that would have provided management with notifications regarding any outstanding and unresolved problems.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This scenario has a few issues that need to addressed by management. The first issue is the decline in sales, profits, and the customer complaints. As the general manager, the determination as to the cause of these issues is paramount. Another issue in this scenario is that the sales and manufacturing group are blaming each other and the customers for the issues. The company culture does not speak to teamwork among the employees of this company. A third issue is the customer complaint about the defective part.... [tags: Customer service, Sales, Customer]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction: The review of systems, processes and policies is an exercise that many Small Medium Enterprises overlook and this is certainly evident at Promax Engineered Plastics. To date the company has had a focus on sales and marketing without the focus on backroom procedure, thus the opportunity to reduce waste, improve flow and eliminate bottlenecks is significant. This report is going to review the system of dealing with inbound customer complaints at Promax Plastics. It will look at the types of complaints and review the questions that the customer services representatives ask.... [tags: communication, customers, complaints]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Increase number of customer complaints Four leadership characteristics: Managing complaints is not an easy task for any manager’s list of problems. It’s easy to disgrace any work or write complaints. Some times complaints are small or some are big so manager’s need to work with open mind on solving complaints, because these complaints directly or indirectly going to affect the reputation of any organization. To solve complaints we need to go in process. Four characteristics that manager have to keep in mind as leader are- a. Facilitator guide.... [tags: complaints, leadership, communication]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Dealing with conflict is one of the important concepts that we have to confront in society. Working through issues of disagreement is a necessity, especially at work. Handling conflict and developing proper conflict resolution methods can lead to a productive and enjoyable work environment. The healthcare field, as enlightened and educated as its people may be, has the same disagreements and arguments found in any work place. As providers, it is their duty to resolve issues in a professional manner to reflect positive on their facility.... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Health care]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Call Representatives' Preferred Conflict-Handling Styles Affect Customer Satisfaction CASE STUDY AT A GLANCE STUDY OVERVIEW: Study focuses on one call center in the Pacific Northwest, one of 10 inbound U.S. call centers operated by a major telecommunications provider. The company agreed to participate in a study undertaken as part of a doctoral dissertation to investigate the relationship between customer satisfaction and preferred conflict-handling styles. CHALLENGE: Call center managers face many challenges, two of which are addressed by this study: meeting customer satisfaction targets and getting the most from training programs for call center reps.... [tags: Management Conflict Resolution Business Customer S]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Many companies often forget the importance of handling their customer base’s happiness and dissatisfaction. Whether that be complaints or reviews of the company. Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union has made strides throughout the year to better this process; however, it lacks conformity. For a company to be successful, there must be an efficient way to both handle complaints and collect opinionated data from their customer base. Realizing there is a problem is the first step towards a solution.... [tags: Complaint, Pleading, Management, The Members]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Presenting Complaints Bill states he has been feeling down in the dumps for a long time. When asked how long he has been feeling this way he states, “As long as I can remember.” This shows that this has been a long standing issue and concern for Bill and not just an issue that started as a result of a specific event. This could mean that Bill has been struggling with this throughout his life and is now just seeking out help. Bill reports that he is married but dos not feel fulfillment in his relationship with his wife.... [tags: Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The Company had received a number of complaints about the product of “Cry Baby” doll after Christmas. The complaints were about the malfunction of the product that leakage of water and unable to cry when pressed the certain button, and the doll’s eyes were easily removed that harmful to children potentially. For that reason, an investigation into the incident was conducted. After interviewed with staff, the 120 complainants and looked into the data, reports and guidelines, we found that: 1. The cause of the incident was the unqualified plastic materials used in production from a new supplier.... [tags: Product Review]
2315 words (6.6 pages)
- April 2007, a study of the Chicago Police Department found that out that over 10,000 police abuse complaints were filed between the years 2002 to 2003. Only 19 of those complaints resulted in disciplinary action. These complaints, mainly false, can damage a police officer’s reputation, even though it may have been false. Time is taken away from more serious and stressful matters, to comb though complaints, which are usually false. Police brutality is real and shouldn’t go unlooked, but there is a better way to solve these problems.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Constable]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Handling Stress This essay is about handling the stress of University studies. We will be looking into many ideas and different people¹s views on how to handle stress. I will also be giving my own opinions on how I think stress can be controlled or relieved. The first thing we must do is ask ourselves one very important question, ³what is stress². WHAT IS STRESS. According to an Australian born physician, Hans Selye (1979), stress is the nonspecific response of the body to any demand made upon it.... [tags: essays research papers]
2060 words (5.9 pages)