A random act of kindness by definition is understood to be unsystematically acting in goodwill without any expectation of return or benefit to oneself. According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation (RAKF), there is a “kindness movement” in progress. The main goal of this movement is to help create a better world by increasing awareness and spreading acts of kindness. (Random) Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert, proclaims not to believe that an act of kindness could ever be too small. Adams points out that every act of kindness creates a ripple without end. (Random) Adams’ point of view coincidently corresponds with Newton’s third law of motion. Which according to, Tom Henderson creator of the Physics Classroom website, Newton’s third law states: “a force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a result of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!” (Henderson) In other words for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; whether good or bad. Therefore, the act of kindness when put into motion is the “force” that starts a chain reaction with immeasurable positive bearing; encouragement that consumes the recipient(s) and then spreads back to the originator of the benevolent action(s); including any and all participates. For this random act of kindness project the requirements specified for a group to first choose an organization. Next, conduct research to provide a brief history and an explanation of the services provided. Then, volunteer at the location and interview staff and those being served; to help identify a need the agency is currently facing. Finally, collaboratively compile a proposal for a solution for the identified need. First ...
... middle of paper ...
...ifference. In closing, this proposal is identifying the overwhelming need for volunteers at the local RM HHI ReStore. It has been concluded to be the least invasive, yet most effective solution for all involved. It only takes one visit to NCC to see the scope of age, talent, specialties and resources available on campus. This is a multifaceted plan to inspire civic mindedness on campus at NCC and in the community at large. This is also a great opportunity for the NCC student body to make an effective difference for not only the RM HHI ReStore but also to help start a continuum of volunteers that has the potential to perpetuate for many years.
Habitat,. 'Habitat For Humanity Int'l'. N. p., 2014. Web. 10 Mar. 2014.
Henderson, Tom. 'The Physics Classroom'. N. p., 2014. Web. 2 May. 2014.
Random,. 'Random Acts Of Kindness'. N. p., 2014. Web. 15 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Acting in Kindness Together A random act of kindness by definition is understood to be unsystematically acting in goodwill without any expectation of return or benefit to oneself. According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation (RAKF), there is a “kindness movement” in progress. The main goal of this movement is to help create a better world by increasing awareness and spreading acts of kindness. (Random) Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert, proclaims not to believe that an act of kindness could ever be too small.... [tags: kindness, affordable housing]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Habitat for Humanity International Inc. is a 501(c)3 Christian nonprofit organization centered in Americus, Georgia that constructs and repairs houses throughout the world for low-income families. Millard and Linda Fuller founded the organization in 1976, with who were inspired to develop the organization after first visiting Koinonia Farm in 1965 for a service venture. Millard and Clarence Jordan, a farmer at Koinonia, created the idea of “partnership housing” where volunteers aid low-income people in the construction of suitable housing.... [tags: Habitat for Humanity]
2771 words (7.9 pages)
- A Student's Comments on Habitat for Humanity Websites While sitting in my dorm room watching a DVD, I looked around and suddenly realized how lucky I was. I lived in a decent sized room with lighting and air conditioning that I could adjust to make myself comfortable. Then I thought how even more lucky I was to be able to go home too yet a nicer living facility at my own house that I have to share with nobody but my immediate family. It made me begin to wonder how many people there are that do not possess this luxury.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- Every day in communities around the world, there are people in need. From those whose houses are destroyed in natural disasters, to those who have lost everything in the economic downturn, wherever you are there is no lack for those in need. Service learning is a form of learning that not only allows you to learn new helpful skills, but it also allows you to give back to your community and reach those that truly need a helping hand. Choosing the right organization to donate your time to can be a daunting task, after all there are several of them and each has their own unique way of contributing to the community.... [tags: learning, skills, helping, organzitions]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- If you we're in the Niles area last December, you might have heard singing coming from a nearby house just off from Fifth Street in Niles. It wasn't Christmas Carolers spreading Holiday joy to the neighborhood, it was the many great individuals welcoming a new home owner to their newly built house. Christmas came early for a lucky Niles area family as Habitat for Humanity completed another build to someone whom had thought that home ownership was only a dream. This is typically how a traditional Habitat for Humanity dedication ceremony begins.... [tags: home, Habitat for Humanity, ]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Response: The process consists of screening and interviewing potential candidates through online posting boards and third party listing sites. Once a candidate pool is acquired the top qualified individuals are passed onto the Directors of the respected department. Once the candidates resumes are reviewed they are called in for a first round interview. Members present at the interview at the department heads and the CEO/Executive Director of the organization. A second and third round interview is conducted to narrow down the candidates based on strategic questions.... [tags: housing, ceo, employees]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- Tax Structure: Habitat For Humanity Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization dedicate to building homes for low-income individuals. This organization requires that potential homeowners assist in the building of their home or others to reduce the financing cost of homeownership. This paper focuses on the percentage of property tax revenue, two arguments in favor, and two arguments property tax breaks for Habitat of Humanity homeowner, and case resolution. Quantification "In 2004, property tax collections in the U.S.... [tags: Business Finance ]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Since the onset of the industrial revolution during the 19th century, humanity has rapidly stripped the earth of its natural resources and dumped countless byproducts into our environment. While 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real as well as man made (Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences) there is still debate as to the validity of this in the public debate. Philanthropic individuals and organizations play an important role in influencing public opinion as well as directly conserving at risk land and species in addition to fighting projects that could have disastrous environmental impact.... [tags: industrial revolution, environment, Grantham]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- Habitat for Humanity: Helping the Homeless Homelessness is not something that I could ever imagine completely. I, like everyone else, have a simple idea of what it would be like to be homeless. There is so much more to being homeless than most believe. My exposure to Habitat for Humanity is showing me some about the idea of living in a lower income family. This exposure is an experience that all high school and college students should have. One reason for my ignorance on homelessness is my modest exposure to homeless people.... [tags: Volunteer]
403 words (1.2 pages)
- When I first heard of the volunteer trip concept in Habitat for Humanity, my ears twitched, recognizing a genuine product, designed to bring about true changes, rather than making the affluent feel good they’ve done a thing to help solve the world’s problems. From day one, I knew my trip was in good hands. Weeks before my trip to Guatemala, e-mails began streaming to my inbox encouraging us to fund-raise, informing us about the project and raising expectations. I realized that there will be about 150 volunteers, and that the Habitat for Humanity office set a goal to build 10 homes in just 5 days.... [tags: Community Service, Service Learning]
405 words (1.2 pages)