Habitat mission is that it “believes that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live…” Therefore, the organization constructs and repairs homes throughout the world through its vast volunteer base, donated materials, and support through donations. It has had great success and sustainability through its large volunteer base and connection with the local communities with its numerous affiliate organizations. “...
... middle of paper ...
...g and other resources. Also, the organization needs to bring in more community members to its affiliates boards if it wants to effectively have an impact in the community and understand the personal hardships they are working to address with their services. Hopefully, Habitat will enact the plans they have laid out in their “Strategic Plan for 2014-2018” to include their partnership with NGOs in developing nations and the use of MFH loans as well as having a set marketing plan and increasing their marketing operations. Therefore, the organization would have increased funding and tangible resources for its operations, allowing it to offer higher quality services to more families in need across the world. All in all, this sustainable organization has many problems that can be properly addressed and solved through better management, marketing, and financial strategies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Habitat for Humanity International Inc. is a 501(c)3 Christian nonprofit organization centered in Americus, Georgia that constructs and repairs houses throughout the world for low-income families. Millard and Linda Fuller founded the organization in 1976, with who were inspired to develop the organization after first visiting Koinonia Farm in 1965 for a service venture. Millard and Clarence Jordan, a farmer at Koinonia, created the idea of “partnership housing” where volunteers aid low-income people in the construction of suitable housing.... [tags: Habitat for Humanity]
2771 words (7.9 pages)
- A Student's Comments on Habitat for Humanity Websites While sitting in my dorm room watching a DVD, I looked around and suddenly realized how lucky I was. I lived in a decent sized room with lighting and air conditioning that I could adjust to make myself comfortable. Then I thought how even more lucky I was to be able to go home too yet a nicer living facility at my own house that I have to share with nobody but my immediate family. It made me begin to wonder how many people there are that do not possess this luxury.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- If you we're in the Niles area last December, you might have heard singing coming from a nearby house just off from Fifth Street in Niles. It wasn't Christmas Carolers spreading Holiday joy to the neighborhood, it was the many great individuals welcoming a new home owner to their newly built house. Christmas came early for a lucky Niles area family as Habitat for Humanity completed another build to someone whom had thought that home ownership was only a dream. This is typically how a traditional Habitat for Humanity dedication ceremony begins.... [tags: home, Habitat for Humanity, ]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Acting in Kindness Together A random act of kindness by definition is understood to be unsystematically acting in goodwill without any expectation of return or benefit to oneself. According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation (RAKF), there is a “kindness movement” in progress. The main goal of this movement is to help create a better world by increasing awareness and spreading acts of kindness. (Random) Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert, proclaims not to believe that an act of kindness could ever be too small.... [tags: kindness, affordable housing]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Planet Earth is where millions live, breath, eat, and sleep over one billion people live on earth and take care of although is there anything being done to better the people on Earth. Yes, actually there is an organization called Habitat for Humanity which does help communities and neighborhoods all over United States of America and world. Habitat for Humanity believes that everyone should have a home; this belief is demonstrated by their slogan which says " we believe that every person should have a decent safe and affordable place to live (www.... [tags: United States, U.S. state, Unemployment]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Japan Tobacco International Inc. (JTI), being a member of Japan Tobacco Inc. and world's third largest international tobacco company, operates 95 offices, 25 factories, 6 R&D centers and 5 tobacco processing facilities in more than 120 countries. All sites are linked by complex and highly efficient networks supported and directed in a 24/7 mode. More than 10’000 out of total 27’000 company’s employees are engaged in Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain (GSC). JTI’s operations include sourcing materials, managing product making and packing, directing international distribution, as well as systems and processes support.... [tags: Japan Tobacco International Inc.]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Every day in communities around the world, there are people in need. From those whose houses are destroyed in natural disasters, to those who have lost everything in the economic downturn, wherever you are there is no lack for those in need. Service learning is a form of learning that not only allows you to learn new helpful skills, but it also allows you to give back to your community and reach those that truly need a helping hand. Choosing the right organization to donate your time to can be a daunting task, after all there are several of them and each has their own unique way of contributing to the community.... [tags: learning, skills, helping, organzitions]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- ... Response: The process consists of screening and interviewing potential candidates through online posting boards and third party listing sites. Once a candidate pool is acquired the top qualified individuals are passed onto the Directors of the respected department. Once the candidates resumes are reviewed they are called in for a first round interview. Members present at the interview at the department heads and the CEO/Executive Director of the organization. A second and third round interview is conducted to narrow down the candidates based on strategic questions.... [tags: housing, ceo, employees]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- Tax Structure: Habitat For Humanity Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization dedicate to building homes for low-income individuals. This organization requires that potential homeowners assist in the building of their home or others to reduce the financing cost of homeownership. This paper focuses on the percentage of property tax revenue, two arguments in favor, and two arguments property tax breaks for Habitat of Humanity homeowner, and case resolution. Quantification "In 2004, property tax collections in the U.S.... [tags: Business Finance ]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Habitat for Humanity: Helping the Homeless Homelessness is not something that I could ever imagine completely. I, like everyone else, have a simple idea of what it would be like to be homeless. There is so much more to being homeless than most believe. My exposure to Habitat for Humanity is showing me some about the idea of living in a lower income family. This exposure is an experience that all high school and college students should have. One reason for my ignorance on homelessness is my modest exposure to homeless people.... [tags: Volunteer]
403 words (1.2 pages)