From the gun owners’ view, they think the gun should be permitted in United States. For the soldiers who risked their life for our country, gun is the instrument which brought the peace, not to kill, not to destroy, but to stop those who would do evil, to protect people, defense them, and to stand up for freedom (Uhm). Guns, also known as firearms, are one of the strongest weapons, and are usually used for protection. In wars, the soldiers risk their lives to protect countries, but without the gun, they will not be able to fight back their opponents. They use guns not only to kill people, but to bring peace, freedom and to protect citizens. People say having a gun in their house is necessary for protection; when someone breaks into our house, and they should use the gun to defend themselves (Ruben). The gun owners in the US do not disagree with creating the laws and reduc...
... middle of paper ...
...t may be used in the war to protect our country and to bring freedom. However it may be used by criminal committing violence, such as school shooting. The gun owners agree with the new laws, that are restricting the accessibility of guns, but they still think guns should be allowed in US. The views from the other people, who do not own guns, are different; they are opposing the guns, and are arguing that guns should not be permitted in America. Especially, since the school shootings, this social issue became a huge conflict, and lots of new laws were created. The new laws are favored by the opponents of guns and even to the guns owners. Guns can be either a helpful or a harmful instrument whether if it is used in a right or wrong way, but to prevent the guns from getting used in a wrong way, the only solution is to create new stricter laws and use the laws properly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ACCEPTING POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE CRITICISM Throughout life you will be faced with all types of different scenarios. Whether positive or negative it is imperative that you know how to react accordingly to those types of situations. All my life I have been faced with both positive and negative criticism. As a young girl I did not handle it very well, but now as an adult I now know that my family and friends only had my best interest at heart. Now at the tender age of 32, I try my best to instill in my kids that the world we live in can be cruel and harsh at times but we just have to make the best out of everything that we may choose to do.... [tags: Negative feedback, Feedback, Better]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Still in many developing countries and in the countries the problem of development is not solved with a transitional economy. They depend on the help of the USA. America is the leader of agricultural industry because the USA makes more agricultural material, than any other country. If superpowers don't start helping these countries, these countries won't pass to the best to economy. And the USA is a most large exporter of agricultural products. The America has 35% of world export of wheat, 69% of corn, soybeans, 25% of cotton, 18% of rice, 12% of tobacco (National Agricultural Statistics Services).... [tags: market, influence, world economy]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- 5. Vallerand, R.J., Reid, G. (1988). On the relative effects of positive and negative verbal feedback on males’ and females’ intrinsic motivation. Canadian Journal of Behavioral Science, 20 (3), 239-250. The goal of this study was to analyze the effects of both positive and negative feedback on male and female students’ intrinsic motivation. Research was conduced with a random sample consisting of 30 male and 30 female undergraduate students. All students were studying physical education in the Montreal, Canada area.... [tags: Negative feedback, Feedback, Positive feedback]
711 words (2 pages)
- Words and images were silent weapons used by all governments involved during World War II. Wars are generally fought between soldiers, but the different ideologies often meet on the battlefield as well. The support of the people is crucial during these times since it general knowledge that strength relies on numbers. Propaganda targets people’s emotions and feelings and changes people’s perception about a particular idea, people or situation. Propaganda goes hand in hand with the art of persuasion and convincing; these tools can control and manipulate the collective minds of massive amount of its audience.... [tags: World War II]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- Guns have played a big part in American history. The first settlers found an abundant amount of edible game when they came to this continent. Guns were very useful in hunting for food in this vas landscape. Familiarity with a rifle was an essential skill which also helped the Colonist of the new world to defeat the British troops during the Revolutionary War that was fought from 1775-1783. After the Revolutionary War was over, guns became even more important to American history in the taming of the west.... [tags: america, USA, history, guns, ]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Positive Psychology is the scientific study of human flourishing, and an applied approach to optimal functioning. It has also been defined as the study of the strengths and virtues that enable individuals, communities and organisations to thrive. (What Is Positive Psychology) Unfortunately, people can often be confused about the true characterization of positive psychology. Some even do not recognize positive psychology as not a “real” branch of psychology at all, because they misinterpret the definition.... [tags: Positive psychology, Psychology, Abraham Maslow]
1052 words (3 pages)
- In the essay, “Just Take Away Their Guns,” James Q. Wilson proposes a particular method to assist gun control laws in our country. Wilson proposes that if law enforcement acquires street frisks, the possession of illegal guns will drop in numbers. Through his many methods of persuasion, Wilson’s essay is executed effectively. He shows reasoning and fairness to the opposing sides to his argument but lacks the thought to other issues, such as the economy and social outrage brought on by his idea.... [tags: james wilson, illegal guns, smuggling]
1323 words (3.8 pages)
- Technology has more negative effects on today’s society than positive. Due to technology in the past few decades Canine Shock Collars have been increasingly popular. Students in school pay more attention to texting than they do their classes. Violent addictive video games have made their way into American homes. Parents encourage their children to not text as much, but them to face the problem of constant communication. The Internet gives the students easier ways to cheat in school, and reinforces laziness.... [tags: Negative Impacts Technology]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- World weaponry and international relations would never be the same after the New Mexico’s first nuclear weapon test in 1945 (History, 1945). From Genghis Khan with his bow and arrow, to the British Empire colonizing less developed areas of the world with ships, canons and guns forming such a broad empire, nations have been in search of the next step in military technology. This would ensure (should history repeat itself) them a period of military supremacy. Ships to canons, to rockets, to Jupiter missiles, to nuclear bombs and warheads, the ‘great power of the world’ holds the most advanced weapons technology.... [tags: Cold War, Nuclear weapon, World War II]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- “Negative advertising gets the supporters committed and excited” (Bike 1). What Bike is trying to say is that negative advertisement gets people excited and wanting to look into that specific person. This essay is going to be about how negative advertisement should be allowed. People should have the right to pledge whatever they want to pledge in. “ A ban on negative political advertising would open the political world up to those who don’t want to be expose themselves to media bullies” (Admin 2).... [tags: false information, negative ads]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Ways to Prevent Computer Failure
- Establishing Procedures for Delivery of Dental Services to Offenders
- How Team or Group Discussion Processes Can Enhance and-or Impede Creativity in Organizations
- I Had My Voter ID Card Delhi but Was Still Unable to Cast a Vote.
- Finance Systems for Higher Education
- Devloping Mindful Practice