Essay PreviewMore ↓
We at "icustommadeit.com" help the creators by providing 'Guidelines for Good Packaging' for shipments. This is to ensure that the customized product arrives on time and safely within the stipulated time period. These packaging procedures and guidelines provided by "icustommadeit.com" is to make the packing procedure easy and convenient for the creators.
• Use a stiff box with intact flaps
• Remove any kind of labels and markings from the box
• Wrap all customized items separately, if there are more than one
• Use sufficient cushioning material
• Use the 'icustommadeit.com' tape designed especially for shipping
• Do not over-wrap any packed product with string or paper
• Always use a address label that is clear and has complete delivery and return information
Step By Step Tips for Good Packaging
At any time possible, use a new box. If you reuse a box, make sure that it is firm and in excellent shape with no tears, punctures, or damage. All flaps of the box should be intact. Choose a box that is appropriate for the products and contents that you are shipping to the buyer.
Internal Protection is an important aspect of packing. It is imperative to cushion the product in the package properly. Always wrap each product separately. Fragile and hi-end products needs to be protected from the sides, corners, top and bottom of the box.
There should atleast be two inches of cushioning and the products should be placed two inches away from the walls of the box. This prevents any kind of damage and also shield the product from outside damage.
Always use proper cushioning material in addition to the strong outer container, to protect the shipment completely. Make sure that you use a lot of cushioning material to guarantee that the products do not budge when you shake the container.
Avoid improper cushioning material and use materials like Air-encapsulated plastic (small and large cell bubble sheeting) and Inflatable packaging (air bags) or foam enclosures.
Air-encapsulated plastic sheeting is designed to cushion and protect lightweight items. They can be used in multiple layers to ensure that the product is completely protected, especially on angles and edges. They are also used for light weight products. However, they are not recommended for products with sharp edges and corners.
Foam enclosures should be ordered and made especially for specific products. Foam enclosures provides and forms a protective mould around the products. There should be even foam distribution around the entire product.
How to Cite this Page
"Guidelines for Good Packaging, A List of Tips." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A 2008 NSW survey showed that 78% of people agreed strongly of the support for Plain packaging cigarettes and 2 years later the same survey was given to Victorians, which showed 72% of all people and 57% of smokers, also agreed on Plain packaging. The Tobacco Plain Packaging Act 2011 is an act to discourage the use of Tobacco products and reduce the appeal of tobacco to consumers. It is clearly evident that a change had to be made from tobacco packaging being used as a promotional tool. Previously under the Tobacco Advertising Prohibition Act 1992 the words, signs or symbols on a tobacco product or its packaging were not considered tobacco advertisements.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Tobacco advertising]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- The following first class mail guideslines were designed to reach these goals. Guidelines for handling other classes of mail and using special services begin on p.28. A postal rate chart apears in Appendix D (blue pages). 1. Key envolope addresses in block style, using uppercase letters and omitting punctuation (except for hyphens). 2. Place the address block about four inches from the left edge and two inches from the top edge of a No.10 envelope, or use the default setting of the Evelope feature on the word processing software.... [tags: first class, mail, guidelines,]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction Packaging is a process of designing and producing packages that help to identify and protect a product, which is then transported for storage or sale and finally end up being used. Several materials are used in the process of packaging. These materials include; glass, plastics, cardboard, brick carton and metal. Among this, the use of plastics for packaging is the most common and at the same time, it’s the only material utilized for packaging that is difficult to dispose of. Plastic is any material that is made up of semi-synthetic and synthetic organic polymers such as polyethylene, PVC and nylon which are malleable and therefore when it is still soft it can be molded into v... [tags: Plastic, Plastic recycling, Recycling, Polymer]
1607 words (4.6 pages)
- The criminal justice system has been in place the United States for centuries. The system has endured many changes throughout the ages. The need for a checks and balances system has been a priority for just as long. Federal sentencing guidelines were created to help create equal punishments among offenders. Judges are given the power of sentencing and they are not immune to opinions, bias, and feelings. These guidelines are set in place to allow the judge to keep their power but keep them within a control group of equality.... [tags: difference between state and federal guidelines]
3268 words (9.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION In conditions of lack of natural enemies, also as exponential scientific, technical and technological growth, some problems occurred that human kind wasn’t face earlier. With some actions that are taken, humans have succeeded to affect the ecosystem, unfortunately this effect was basically negative, and is manifested trough the climate changes or a nonrenewable resource waste. All the needs of contemporary society, such as food, fuel, energy and materials, mostly depends on energy sources produced from nonrenewable resources that originates from fossil fuels, while the same time a total quantity of waste, that jeopardizes an ecosystem, increases (Sudesh & Iwata, 2008).... [tags: Sustainable Development, Technological Growth]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- The Message of Courage in Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally Throughout the novel of Schindler’s List, by Thomas Keneally, the message of courage is portrayed greatly. Keneally was a gentile man who wrote about how bad the Holocaust was, even-though he was not Jewish. He tells a story of how one man successfully saved thousands of Jews by letting them work for him. Keneally wrote about how helping someone pays off and by letting someone have a second chance which gives them a sense of hope in times of hardship.... [tags: Schindler's List Thomas Keneally Essays]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Packaging plays a great role in the branding of cosmetics products. The overall look of a cosmetic product is one of the most important determinants of it market appeal, besides its quality. Cosmetic packaging should be easy to brand. It should allow the name for the product, the brand and other necessary information like composition, usage instruction and warnings to be printed as required. The container should be designed in such a way that they can allow the product to come out but not go in.... [tags: Cosmetics, Material, Liquid, Chemical substance]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List Schindler's List, the award winning film directed by Steven Spielberg, is becoming a significant teaching tool in high schools across the nation. Spielberg himself explained why in the Foreword to the study guide Facing History prepared through a grant from his production company, Amblin Entertainment, and Universal Films. He wrote: There are far too many places where hate, intolerance, and genocide still exist.... [tags: Spielberg Schindler's List Movie Film]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Packaging Technology in Fitzhugh’s The Organ Grinders Once upon a time, people had to go to a public market and buy fresh food everyday. If the food wasn’t used that day or the next, it would spoil and would be wasted. Today, with the help of packaging, food can be stored for weeks, months and sometimes even years before it has to be used. Because of packaging, food is cleaner and can be kept longer, many things can be purchased more conveniently, and life as a whole is easier. Like nearly everything else ever invented, packaging and disposable goods are not without their negative aspects as well.... [tags: Environment Environmental Pollution Preservation]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Packaging for the new product Packaging is vital, as goods need to be transported to the consumer in a safe, hygienic and protected condition. For instance putting tin foil round a kitkat, nestle product, keeps the bar fresh and prevents deterioration, instant coffee tends to be sold in jars to prevent spillage and because glass is a strong material, Nescafe Espresso roast is sold with ‘click lock closure’, which makes the jar easy to open. Additional packaging may be needed to assist retailers store the products easily and safety on the shelves.... [tags: Design and Technology]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- What´s Liberation Theology?
- The New Terrain of International Law Reaction Paper
- Role of Colonial PResence in Indian Tea Plantion Industry in Assam and Darjeeling
- Black History: The Cvil Rights Movement
- The Acquired Needs Theory and The Expectancy Theory
- Analysis of Wanted Poster, Offering a Reward for Information Leading to the Capture of the Kelly Gang
Corrugated liners may be added to the product package to increase strength and improve the packaging.
Fragile objects such as glass, electronics, artwork and ceramics requires special kind of packaging for safe shipping. These products might need added cushioning and protection. The aim is to ship the product in a safe manner.
Close the container properly and strongly. Closing the container properly is as essential as cushioning for the safety and proper delivery of the shipment. While closing the box, always use the 'icustommadeit' strong tape. These tape have been especially manufactured for shipments and will help to pack the container properly. Avoid using cellophane or duct tape; string; or paper over-wrap.
Use proper labelling for fast and efficient delivery. While labelling the product, keep in mind the following points:
• Use the buyer's postal code with the complete street address.
• Always place the shipping label on the top of the package.
• To avoid any kind of confusion, place only one address label on the package.
• Always include your complete return address, including full address and postal code.
How To Measure Your Package Size
To measure ground packages always use the following formula:
Length + 2x Width + 2x Height
• To Determine Length
Evaluate the longest side of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. This is the length.
• To Determine Girth (2x Width + 2x Height)
Measure the width of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2. Measure the height of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2. Add these two numbers together. This is your girth.
• Add the length and the girth. This is your package measurement.
• Weigh the package to obtain its actual weight.