Six years later of me working my butt off every single day to become the best I could be finally happened. I literally was one of the best. National rankings came out for the top high school basketball players before my senior season and I was ranked the 5th best Point Guard in Florida. All my work finally was paying off and I had actually became happy with my results. My trainer who was there with me from day one reminded me that it’s good to be happy but do not settle where you’re at. He asked me “When you were 10 years old, was your dream to be the 5th best Point Guard in Florida, or was it to become a professional basketball player?” He quickly reminded me that the work wasn’t done, it was only beginning.
Even though I had reached success and bec...
... middle of paper ...
... it caused my right leg to be weak and numb and broke one day during physical therapy.
My pro career came to an end quickly but it was the choice that I wanted and I was happy with. If I had chosen to go to college and play basketball and this injury would have happened then, I would have been devastated. My whole dream was to play pro, not college. I wanted to be a pro basketball player, not a college basketball player. I can always look back and say I was a pro. Now I am in school to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy all because of the injuries I went through and the time I spent in Physical Therapy. I ended up falling in love with seeing patients healed through exercise, stretching, strengthening, and nutrition. I get to look back and say I did it the way I wanted to do it, and I get to think about my future on how soon I will be a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Professional basketball players in todays present day have been paid in the millions ranging from one million up to twenty five million a year. A million dollar is for an average pro basketball player and up to twenty five million for the superstars such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. More players in the NBA are being paid for their performance whereas overseas teams will pay to get any NBA player. Overseas teams will double an NBA player’s salary in order for them to play in their country because it will give them an advantage when they play in their league.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Boston Celtics]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- While growing up my friends and I played many different sports. The sport we played the most was basketball. 1 Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the United States. As we kept playing the game of basketball we began to take it serious. We practiced on our offense, defense, and playing as a team regularly every day. The more we practiced the better we got at all those things. To master the game of basketball you have to be able to be effective offensively, physically tough defensively, and be willing to be a team player.... [tags: Play, Game, Basketball, Player]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Lamar Carter known to all as, Vince Carter, was born on January 26.1977 in Daytona Beach, FL. Carter became an extraordinary leader at a young age. Carter used his talent to gain fame and fortune so that he could give back to his community and the less fortunate. During his years at Campbell Middle School he was the only seventh grader to ever play on the Varsity Basketball team, not only was he on the team but he was a starter on the team. While at Mainland High school he was captain of the Volleyball Team, member of the Marching Band and is known to be the most gifted basketball player to grace their court.... [tags: Biography Basketball]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- How to Become a Professional Basketball Player Basketball a sport that is played throughout the whole world. When playing this sport all you need is a ball and basket. Though the basket does have to be a certain height kids play it in their classroom or outside. What I mean by this is that kids and even adults in the office treat a trash can as a basket and whatever their trash is as a ball. I got interested in this sport when I was in middle school in eighth grade moving on to high school.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Game, College basketball]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- Josh Selby was the top high school basketball player in the United States, and his future as a professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association looked nothing but promising (Pick 1). The National Basketball Association, also known as the NBA, is the professional basketball league in America and consists of thirty teams. Every year, the NBA Draft takes place, and the thirty teams select players who are eligible for the league. If Selby had been eligible after his senior year of high school, he would have been a top pick.... [tags: Basketball, High school]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- Jim Valvano, otherwise known as “Jimmy V”, was a college basketball player, coach, and broadcaster. This paper will cover Jimmy and define his true leadership qualities. Jimmy was an icon in the sports world not only for his coaching ability. He taught the world that leaders need a vision, leaders need to connect with their followers, and that leaders learn from their followers. Jimmy defied the rules and transformed his players into exceptionally good players and even better people. He taught more than basketball to his players and reached outside of his coaching arena to touch the lives of people across the world.... [tags: Leadership, Basketball, Coaching, Management]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Another person that has influenced me is an entrepreneur and retired professional Hall of Fame basketball player Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is not only a retired professional basketball player that went to the University of North Carolina but he also hosted a numerous of basketball camps to give children the opportunity to live out their dreams. Mr. Jordan stated. “If you 're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I 've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don 't have to stop you.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone knows that Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time, and the “Flu Game” is a perfect example as to why Jordan is. He had to battle the flu in a very important playoff game. Michael Jordan had so much ambition and aptitude in him that he was able to battle through it and make the game winning bucket. Jordan is a prime example of a kid working hard to achieve his life goals. Michael Jordan pushed himself to greater heights and this proved to people that he was such a great player.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- When I hear the word track I get so excited because I know it is something that i’m good at, something I can prove myself to be the best at, a place where I don’t have to think or feel pressured to be the best all the time. For me, track is a place where I can escape and become something other than just another student or athlete. Track has changed my life for the better. My story starts in the 7th grade, when I was the best basketball player on the 7th grade girls basketball team for Brainerd. I was always used to be the best at basketball because I was tall, strong, and not afraid to take chances.... [tags: High school, Ninth grade, Basketball]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- ... “10” announced Ladoo. “0”, yelled Budda. Luigi was very confused, he had no idea what just happened. He thought he would get in until he heard 0 from Budda. Luigi left the gym in confusion, so he went home and slept. When he woke up, he heard from judge Ladoo that there is another tryout 6 days later. He went to the Baker Walter Gym to practice. He was all alone until he saw Miami Lightning’s star player James Lebron. James Lebron gave Luigi tips to get into the NBA draft, he also helped him practice.... [tags: basketball, player, judge, practice, tryout]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- The Legacy Of Jefferson And Hamilton
- Analysis Of The Poem ' If We Must Die '
- The Nature Of Spirits By William Golding 's ' Lord Of The Flies '
- Media Article : Evidence For Expanded Color Vision For Some Colour Blind Individuals
- Solving The Distribution Costs Remain The Same If Agencies Are Not Phased Out?
- Is Psychology A Science?