The Grove School of Engineering is undoubtedly one of the best engineering facility in the east coast. Being the flagship campus of The City College of New York, the school offer a big variety of wherewithal than most other campuses in NYC. At the Grove School of engineering the students gets the opportunity to work with the world class mentors on cutting edge research. The school support the student through the professional growth with free tutoring and plenty of career oriented workshops. Moreover, the school offers various student clubs that opportune the students to compete in the national and regional competitions. In addition to that there are study abroad opportunities such as Engineers without borders.
The Office of Student Development (OSD) is responsible of helping the students to navigate the campus and the curriculum. Adding to that, the OSD facilitates the successful transition into college and shapes a stronger career path. The dedicated administration and staff are relentlessly working to enhance the academic experience. The office provides short-term personal counseling and on-going academic counseling. The Grove School also offer free tutoring. In addition to our academic services, assistance with your professional development is provided through mentoring, corporate information sessions and information about co-op and internship opportunities.
One of the vital resource of the school, the free tutoring, is available at the engineering center. The engineering center is in Steinman Hall 2M-14. It is run by the Grove School 's Office of Student Development in Steinman Hall 2M-7. Upper-level engineering peers, including graduate students take the role of the tutors.
Here is the schedule of tut...
... middle of paper ...
... Information Sessions, Professional Development Conferences and Career Fairs and Engineering Students Career Education Program (ESCEP).
The Grove School of Engineering offers valuable resources that can be a huge asset to students joining the school. It also paves the way for their career development by offering various clubs and organizations. It enables the students to learn more besides the textbook knowledge. Furthermore it connects them with highly qualified professionals and fellow engineering students. They gets to meet with the upperclassmen peers and other students in the curriculum. Thus forming a strong community of engineers. The tutoring and workshops helps the students with their academic and career development making them ready for challenges of professional engineering. Therefore, the Grove School of Engineering plays a vital role for the engineers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing, Robots, and Journey of One Man Have you ever had a class with a student who was always talking back or distracting the teacher. That was Enrique Santa Cruz during his high school years, he was struggling with a learning disability that made reading and writing difficult. By high School he had given up on himself academically, instead he spent most of his time learning trade skills while helping out around the ranch. It was not until he had his first child that he decided to go back to school, and pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Arizona.... [tags: Engineering, Design, Mechanical engineering]
711 words (2 pages)
- After all of the readings, lectures, and video, one legislation or court case that I feel that made and impacted on English learners would be Roberto Alvarez vs. the Board of Trustees of Lemon Grove School. After watching the movie, I did not like how the school board take care of the situation. They seem not to think about their decision thoroughly. The school board seems to cared more about their image than the Mexican students’ education. For me, I think that if people who are going to be on the school board should care about the students’ education no matter their ethnicity.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Psychology]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow: The Supreme Court case in Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow result in a unanimous ruling that the phrase “under God” may remain in the Pledge of Allegiance as narrated in public school classrooms. The court made the decision because the atheist father did not have grounds to sue the school district on behalf of his daughter. While the ruling was made on the Flag Day, it did not meet the clear endorsement of the constitutionality of the pledge as sought by President Bush and leaders of Republican and Democratic Parties in Congress.... [tags: pledge, atheist, school, legal]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- During my time at Oak Grove Primary School, I got the opportunity to interview Ms. Turner about the schools’ curriculum. Ms. Turner has been teaching for about four years now and she loves it. She obtained her bachelors in Elementary Education from the University of Southern Mississippi in December of 2012. Ms. Turner has been working for Lamar County School District for two years and in my opinion she’s doing a swell job. According to Ms. Turner, the Common Core Standards is what the school bases their curriculum around.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Primary education]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Choosing my major was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in college, second only to choosing between ramen or pop tarts. I was always good at creating things as a kid, disassembling large Lego sets in hopes that I could create something better. I enjoy challenge to think differently than before and love to create. It could be argued that I stood no chance becoming an engineering student. My decision came down to a few factors that I believe to be true: engineering will continue to challenge my creative imagination, engineering is one of the most versatile careers today, and the ability to change and effect the world directly.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering, High school]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- When interpreting characters in novels readers perceive characters by the impressions the author provides to writers. In the novels Within A Budding Grove by Marcel Proust and The Trial by Franz Kafka the characters Albertine and Josef K. can be looked at in many different perspectives. Proust portrays Albertine to be a multifaceted, unpredictable character but when taking a step away from the narrator’s thoughts she can be seem in a completely different light. Kafka’s main character Josef K.... [tags: Within A Budding Grove Essays]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- For the past few decades man is advancing into the unknown realms of technology and science. This advancement is to make life easy and to increase human comfort at home and at work. I would like to be an integral part of crew that drives the world to such betterment. For this, research would be of prime importance with hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject. Since a good research career can only be built on the firm foundation of good education, I intend to put to use my innate and acquired knowledge to do my Masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering.... [tags: engineering, technology, education]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Advance, advance is the key word when describing the human race to prove that we are the superior race. Ever since the discovery of technology we have linked our minds together for the persistence of progress to modify the aspects all around us for the better. It’s amazing that a simple interest in the beginning will change everything down to a distinct thought. History has proven that the steps forward in technology within engineering have grown larger and are concluded at a more rapid rate and with in the last twenty years.... [tags: Engineering]
2215 words (6.3 pages)
- Forensic Engineering is the application of the art and science of engineering in the justice system. It may include an investigation of the physical causes of accidents and other sources of claims and litigation, preparation of engineering reports, testimony at hearings and trials in administrative or judicial proceedings and the rendition of advisory opinions to assist the resolution of disputes affecting life or property. Structural Engineers are one of the many trained professionals who are classified under forensic engineering.... [tags: Engineering ]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Louis Andrei Zabala Litera2 10335625 07/11/05 In A Grove It is a story that provides the ultimate explanation of how two different people who are witnesses to a crime give completely different psychological recollections of the same event. The author reminds us that truth depends on the telling. Someone must step forward and tell that truth. I believe that no matter how many times you read "In A Grove," there's not enough information in the story to figure out the truth about what took place on the day of the samurai's death, but it's still fun to sort out what you think you know for sure,... [tags: essays research papers]
394 words (1.1 pages)