Green Marketing on the other hand relates to production and manufacturing of products that are environmental friendly, and their packaging should also be environmental friendly or rather the products should have environmental benefits (About.com 2011). Companies started using this policy after Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and governments started insisting and pressurizing companies to sell only the goods that are environmental friendly as a reaction to increasing rates of global warming and pollution. It was also caused by the increased awareness by customers and people in general. People started valuing environmental friendly goods due to the increasing threat of global warming that has already affected some countries like Baghdad in the Middle East. However, many companies are known to talk and implicate they are selling environmental friendly products but in practice they are not.
According to Fortune Magazine, BP Africa is one of the top 500 companies with the greenest products. Fortune magazine claims that BP Oil Company was the first Oil ...
... middle of paper ...
...ill from the public entices the consumers to be happy with being associated with BP.
List of References
About.com 2011. Green Marketing. Retrieved From:
BP P.l.c, 2011. BP ranked Top Greenest Companies in the World.
Cable News Network, 2011. Beyond The Bottom line. Retrieved From:
Forbes.com, 2011. The global 2000, Retrieved From:
MalenBaker, 2011. Companies in the News.
Retrieved from: http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/CSRfiles/bp.html
MalenBaker, 2011. Corporate Social Responsibility-What does it Mean?
Retrieved from: http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/definition.php
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s day and age, everyone is concerned about the environment. Our society is increasingly encouraged to “go green,” to do our part in making the world a cleaner, more eco-friendly place. Green marketing is one major strategy being used to promote such efforts, but is it effective. There is some debate about this concept, including the history of green marketing, the problems with green marketing so far, the effectiveness of marketing schemes like Sunchips and Toyota, and the strategies that could be used to increase the ability of green marketing.... [tags: Marketing, eco-friendly, CSR]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- 3.5.2 Green Marketing Peattie, (1992) defined Green Marketing as: ‘The management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying the requirements of customers and society in a profitable and sustainable way.’ Even though this definition goes almost two decades back, the meaning of this discipline remains faithful to the previous idea, what has changed throughout these years is the fact that the environmental conditions have worsened and deepened, creating a stronger necessity for green marketing and related areas to step up.... [tags: Marketing ]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- For many years there have been discussions about corporate social responsibility (CSR). It is evident that individuals have been concerned with the way business conduct themselves when it comes to CSR and ethics. Not only what they can do with their products and services but what they can give back to society. Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop, talks about what should be most important. She states, “The business of business should not be about money, it should be about responsibility. It should be about public good, not private greed.” (The Body Shop, 2012) Most consumers look at the companies CSR and then decide if they want to eat, shop, or use their service or merchandise.... [tags: Corporate social responsibility]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) also called corporate conscience, corporate Citizenship, social performance, or sustainable responsible business/ Responsible Business, is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. CSR policy functions as a built-in, self-regulating mechanism whereby a business monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards and international norms. CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility for the company 's actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, GREEN INITIATIVE TAKEN BY THE COUNTRIES ALL OVER THE WORLD There is now a rea... [tags: Corporate social responsibility, Kyoto Protocol]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- According to BP website (“BP at a Glance,” n.d.), “BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies, providing its customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services and petrochemicals products for everyday items.” Currently, they are the world’s third largest oil company and the largest oil and gas producer in the United States (Hoover’s, Inc., 2012). Prior to 2010, BP attempted to brand itself as an environmentally friendly company by expanding its markets into alternative energies, such as wind and solar.... [tags: Marketing ]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- 1.-INTRODUCTION: Without doubt the XXI century has changed our priorities, especially when it comes to the way we do business. Popular sustainable business models, as advertised in the media, have evolved into much more than a moral obligation or an external requirement to generate money. Essentially, are forcing companies to reinvent the systems and approaches with which they generate value and profitability to the company. Important companies like Shell, DuPont, BP has been reorganised to generate profits from this green market of goods and services.... [tags: environment, business]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- According to Grayson (2003), there is a rising trend amongst the academicians as well as the professionals about social responsibility and ethics in marketing. The marketers and MNCs operating in different spheres and regions all over the world have started realizing the significance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ethics in marketing along with their role in carrying out the business that takes care of the community’s interest at the same time maximizing the profit levels of their companies (Matten & Moon, 2004).... [tags: rising trends among academicians]
2479 words (7.1 pages)
- Captus Group helps organizations integrate environmentally, socially and economically sustainable strategies into their operations, products and services, giving them a competitive advantage and enabling long-term business growth. Our sustainability and management consulting services include strategic planning, program management, business development, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), carbon accounting, technology evaluation, business case analysis, stakeholder communications and reporting.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- Introduction According to Al-Emadi & Al-Asmakh (2006), global marketing ethical issues and social responsibility influence one another. They expound by indicating that when firms expand to international markets, diverse problems are experienced especially in regard to ethical and social aspects. Mishra & Suar (2010) define the wave of globalization which is enticing firms to take their businesses international. Although the process has been going on for a significant period but has now there is chance to increase market share.... [tags: culture, corruption, rights]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Altruism can be defined as ‘unselfishness.’(Merriam-Webster, 2010) If one is said to be carrying out an act of ‘altruistic’ merit, this act could be defined variously as an act of ‘self-sacrifice’ or ‘philanthropy.’ In other words, to act in an altruistic fashion is to prioritise the needs of others above and beyond the needs of the self; to act in a way that is not motivated at all by self-seeking interests. In their illuminating article, ‘STATUS, REPUTATION, AND ALTRUISM: Going Green to Be Seen:Status, Reputation, and Conspicuous Conservation,’ Vladas Griskevicius of the University of Minnesota, Joshua M.... [tags: Green Marketing Essays]
2588 words (7.4 pages)