Green Technology, or environmently friendly technology, is technology that does not harm the environment, One reason green energy is superior to other engergy sources, is it does noto deplete the Earths natural resources. Another great reason to use green energy is it does not harm the environnment when making energy as much as other ways.
One of the best ways of creating green energy is through wind turbines.Wind turbines generate electricty through kinetic energy from the wind. When wind blows and catches on the blades they spin, which then makes a generater convert that into usable energy. Some places are making wind farms or, gaint arrays of wind trubines. These wind farms can make a small contributon to domestic power so we are using less unclean energy. Windmills are an endless source of energy that does not harm the environment.
Another technology we use today is solar power. Solar power is made from the suns rays and turned to energy.They take the speeding photons and convert them into an electtrical current. There are many people using solar power today. Some technologies are moving forward into more green products by making them solar powered. Countrys such as the US , Germany, Japan, and Spain are starting to be more and more solar powered. Solar energy is very cheap is well. If your electricty bill is high, solar power might be a good idea for you. They also cost very little to maintain. Aside from being cheap, solar engergy is abundent, it is an endless renewable resource.
Dams that have penstocks are also a very good souce of green energy. They basicly take the water from rivers and make them flow through a dam with penstocks to create energy. Water flows through the dam and spins a turbine in th...
... middle of paper ...
...totype out there to prove them wrong. Most of the people who denied its possiblity were scientists investigating the hot nuclear fusion and most likely just wanted to have more funding for there projects. Even after all of them claimed that it was impossible, a remarkable amount of universities tried some of there own experiaments about the same thing they just said could not happon. I thought it was very interesting that all that happoned to the scientists Pons and Fleischmann because they chose to share it with the media before anyone else.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The statistics shown by The Environmental Protection agency claim that buildings in the United States contribute about 40 % of the nation’s total carbon dioxide emissions (2). Green building is the process of construction that is done in a way to conserve natural resources and reduce the harmful impact that construction has on the environment. Green building includes environmentally sound design, construction, maintenance, renovation, and demolition. Greenhouse emission is the release of gases, like methane gas and carbon dioxide, in the atmosphere.... [tags: Green Building]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Green Energy is a great way to save money and help save raw materials such as gas and electricity. Companies and engineers argue if Green Energy or Energy Star products are worth using and if the products will save money. Green Energy is used to save energy, such as electricity or gas. Energy star is used to help seal a house to save heat and air conditioning from escaping a house. Energy star is a rating that companies give products that tell the customers that they are energy saving. Green energy is a renewable source of power because it helps save energy and uses the earth’s resources to create and save energy without wasting money (Bishop).... [tags: environmentally friendly, energy efficient]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Why Choose Cozy Earth: Eco-Friendly Bedding Why should you choose Cozy Earth over other bed sets. Sure, it’s eco-friendly, but so are a lot of other bed sets, right. Well, many bedding companies aren’t as eco-friendly as they lead you to believe. As a matter of fact, the manufacturing process for most companies, traditional cotton and other bamboo companies alike, actually contribute to the pollution problem. However, Cozy Earth bamboo bedding is different. No matter what step in the manufacturing process you look at, Cozy Earth is environmentally conscious.... [tags: Environment, Environmentally friendly, Geology]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Question: Describe the development of the car from its earliest beginnings to the present day. Outline projects which are currently being researched and/or developed. Based on your findings, how do you think cars will develop in the future. Use specific examples and provide evidence from appropriate references to explain your answer. In the second industrial revolution, there was a revolutionary development of a vehicle called car. From then on, car began to change our life during these years .... [tags: argumentative essay]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Carla-Cristina Melo Orellana Rodriguez AP Seminar January 30th, 2015 Reality TV- Environmentally friendly or detrimental to all. Animal Planet. National Geographic. Discovery Channel. We all have heard of these channels before, the channels of educational television programs claimed for distance education. Shows like “Gold Rush,” “Alaska, the Last Frontier,” and “River Monsters.” Each of these shows focuses on a different group of Americans seeking their fortune in remote, allegedly dangerous locales: whether in Guyana, Alaska, or Ghana.... [tags: Reality television, Television program, Television]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Becoming Environmentally Friendly What I think of Walmart green initiatives is actually quite simple: the initiatives are working and they are working well. Essentially, the corporation is making a difference inside and outside the business world. When you take Walmart’s history and that of its competitors into consideration, it is very refreshing to see a company of such prominence take a real stand on environmental issues rather than conduct one environmentally friendly initiative and never give another thought to it again.... [tags: Environment, Environmentalism, Natural environment]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Remediating the environment has been a struggle for our nation and our planet for quite some time. For all the effort and expense on the part of governments and citizens to improve the environment, many environmentalists still do not see much benefit, and believe that environmental problems may soon become a crisis. “Most ecologists would agree that humans are plowing through the Earth’s natural resources at an unsustainable rate — and pushing up against some worrisome thresholds in the biosphere.” (Raudsepp-Hearne) Perhaps the problem is that humanity has not figured out the correct incentives to solve our substantial ecological dilemma.... [tags: Encourage Eco-Friendly Behavior]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Golf Courses Made More Environmentally Friendly Through the Advancement of Technology The human race has inhabited this planet for only a small window in the geological time scale, however, the advances and changes in lifestyle that humans have made throughout the course of history are amazing. The field of technology is by the far the most interesting aspect of human societal growth because it is our ability to build these products that separates from the other species we share this planet with.... [tags: Environment Golf Environmental Essays]
2867 words (8.2 pages)
- In the past decade, natural disaster and climate change, mainly global warming have caused more and more people look at the environment carefully. More and more people address this problem seriously and stay to reflect on this question, ‘Is it the human activity that cause these problem?’ Because of this question, mechanical engineers try to develop technology that is environmental friendly to protect this Earth, since we are responsible at taking good care on Earth. After a long development, there are some success among different areas in mechanical engineering.... [tags: Wind power, Fossil fuel, Renewable energy]
1629 words (4.7 pages)
- When I was younger, I remember begging my mom at every toy aisle in the department store to buy at least one hot wheel car that I picked out. I had a problem; I had an undying thirst for these tiny cars in those recyclable blue cardboard and plastic packages. I used to pretend that I was a small person, small enough to fit in the cool cars I bought with just a glimmer of hope that maybe I would be able to fit inside and drive away. That never did happen though, but I had an indomitable dream. I had the patience that maybe one day, I would be able to drive my own actual car.... [tags: automotive industry, global warming, fuel]
3581 words (10.2 pages)