First of all, my great-grandmother Akosua, was not just an ordinary woman. She was the most talented, adventurous, friendly and joyful person. When grandmother Akosua was younger, she traveled around countries serving her famous cuisine to workers in isolated places. During those days, there were not any cars, so she had to walk by foot crossing boarder to boarder, entering into other lands. She would take three months journey to other native lands, to sell food to workers. When her food finished, she would stay with the workers to cook for them. After she stayed with them for a while, she would take another three months journey back home. She says “You would think that the trip back home would be short but it never is.” Since she traveled most of the times, she always had a good story to tell her grandchildren and neighbors when she returned.
My grandmother was always trying new things and going beyond her limit. She had the kindness of heart that loved giving and helping people anyway she could. When people came to her in the mar...
... middle of paper ...
...y can’t death come for me?” Two months before she died, she started telling me that my father is coming to take us to someplace new. I thought she was talking crazy again so I did not take it serious because she started seeing and communicating with dead people. Sometimes she would say things like “We are hungry or we need more food.” When it was her time to die, she did not know that her time had come. It was a normal day like any other day, we left to go to a wedding, three hours later we got a call that she had died, and we rushed home immediately. My grandmother died at age 60 and we were sad that she had to leaving so soon. I mourned for several days because we were close and she never got to see me come to America like she predicted, but I know she was finally at peace. I know she can see me now more clearly than ever and she is probably rejoicing up in heaven.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My Best Friends Being raised by my great grandparents was truly a blessing and a curse. In elementary school, I struggled with family issues that ended up with me and my older sister to live with our great grandparents. They were the epitome of role models. I always looked forward to coming home to them and helping them out with their cute daily activities that they had planned for that day. Gus, my great grandfather, was retired by the time I lived with him and had a part-time job at the local market as a gardener.... [tags: Grandparent, Family, English-language films]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Mimi’s first job after moving to Orlando, Florida from Fallbrook, California was at Doctor Varraux, a Pulmonary Doctor about thirteen years ago. It was at this job she met Mattie, her know best friend, the person who help her through a difficult time in her life. Mattie advice for Mimi was that in time she would be ok. Why do people need people. Because a friend is the one that would lift you up when you are down, would believes in you when you loss all faith. According to Barbara Streisand song, People, “People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.” Barbara Streisand song asserts that a true friend will always be there for you, no matter what and because this they are cons... [tags: personal narrative]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- Being married to somebody that a person loves is such a magnificent thing to admire. Having a person by your side that is your best friend really helps improve a person’s health. Having a significant other make their best friend happy, excited, feel supported, and other emotions that a person cannot describe or put into words. When a person knows their significant other really well, the individual can detect when they do not feel well or when they are having a long, emotional day. The significant other will be supportive and attempt to boost their best friend’s confidence and tell them that everything will turn out well and will improve with time.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Love, Kinship]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- How Needs Friends. As the plane taxied to the runway, I found myself sitting alone with two empty seats next to me. Oh, joy. I fluffed my pillow, retrieved my book, and stretched myself out under a blanket. All was good. If I had had any idea that the seating arrangement was to be the highlight of my trip, I might have just stayed on the airplane. In making plans for this trip, I forgot that life seldom works out according to nice and tidy plans. Life is, in fact, usually messy. The best vacations aren't always the ones really taken but are instead sometimes the ones you take only in your imagination.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1052 words (3 pages)
- For as long as I could remember I always wanted to be a comedian and bring joy and laughter to my friends and family. I was so set on becoming a comedian that for my fifth birthday my parents surprised me with a trip to an open mic night just for kids. I finally had the chance to make people other than my family laugh at my not so funny jokes. By age six I had a small following of neighborhood kids that would pay twenty-five cents to come see me perform in my basement on Friday nights. After discovering the late show one night, I decided to start having guest appearances during my weekly shows; those shows cost fifty cents.... [tags: High school, Mother, Family, Father]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- I have played team sports, and one time I saw some of my teammates disrespecting our team captain. Personally, I considered him as an excellent leader, because he always accomplished what needed to be done. but someone told him he wasn’t a born leader. After studying to become a leader, I couldn 't help but wonder if leadership could in fact be something innate. Now, before the question on whether or not leadership is something that few are born with, the term leadership needs to be defined.... [tags: Need, Want, Leadership, Positive psychology]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- “Oh ya grandma, I’ll be right there. Just let me take a selfie!” Technology has come so far in such a small amount of time, and is doing nothing but advancing at a quicker and quicker rate. Everyone always assumes that with technology moving along and upgrading their phones every two months is a great thing. Looks better, runs smoother and, the best part, everyone else has it so they will feel included. All teenagers want in their lives is to feel accepted into their own little social groups and have the new “What’s What”.... [tags: friends, smartphones, socializing]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- In the grandparent potion of my interview, I interviewed my grandpa Marvin, my grandpa is the father to my mother and uncle. My grandpa said that before him and my grandmother had children, they decided that one of them would go to work, while the other parent stayed home with the children. My grandpa said that back then that is how it was though because everyone had a parent at home and a parent at work. It saved them money too, because they did not have to look for childcare for the children. As soon as my grandparents started to have children, my grandfather went to work, while my grandmother stayed home to take care of the children and house.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Parent, Mother]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- Grandparents are the best of friend and kind person you will ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughter very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of story and they always seem to have candy or cookie with them. Children are always excited to about their grandparents ' visitations especially on holidays or birthdays. They hoped that one day they will see their granddaughter grow up and change the world. A Long the way their life turn upside down and they never get to see that day comes to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1381 words (3.9 pages)