We’ve been engaged from the start, ever since learning to tie our shoes in elementary, tying those blue and black shoes that everyone had to wear. Elementary was a carefree time that no one can forget. I know I can’t. I mean, come on, don’t you remember performing at the May Day and Christmas programs, celebrating the Multicultural Festival in 3rd grade, or even getting tangled and tied up in your rope at Jump Rope for Heart? Ah, the fond memories of our “rigorous” PE program, which included the now infamous cockroach dance.
As the years marched on, our class grew in size. Well, I think most people grew anyway. But with the addition of 60+ kids in 4th grade, our friendships grew to a then astounding number wit...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good evening class of 2013 and all of our proud supporters. I come before you tonight with bittersweet feelings about this event. On the one hand we are celebrating a momentous achievement and a symbol of our movement into a new phase of life. On the other hand, we have to spend more than five hours in this arena full of memories of the past four song contests. I’m sure we can all agree that of the entire class, probably the only one with really fond memories of this place is wrestling state champion Jamin Meletia.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- Ladies, gentlemen, parents, friends, family, staff, fellow students: Instead of taking up more time and reading my speech, it is available to you at http://www.olen’s_speech.com. Thank you. No, just kidding. But seriously folks... Today we are gathered here to celebrate our graduation from 12 long years of schooling. The education granted to us has been a privilege. One so graciously given to us by the citizens of our state, by our community, and by our parents. Today would not be possible without them.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- For some of you graduates, this will be the last ceremony you might ever sit through. Most of us, though, and I regret that I am in this group, will sit through many more ceremonies -- ceremonies longer and more tedious that this or anything else you can imagine. If you think this is bad, try a college graduation. Think, that is, attend a wedding. And, if just for a moment you think that that is bad, just be thankful you have never attended or will attend a Bar Mitzvah. The only ceremony I think anybody would truly enjoy attending is a funeral.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Class of 2012, tonight is the last time we will share together for many years. After tonight, we will begin a new chapter in our lives. This chapter will lead us away from each other, but the memories we've shared will continue to stay. The years behind us have been full of challenges and rewards; these experiences will be there to guide us as we branch out into the world. Let's take a moment to think back to the people and times that shaped us the last four years. Every teacher deserves a "thank you" for helping us to reach our goal of graduation.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Good evening and welcome to the commencement ceremonies of the class of 2006. It has been a long journey, somewhere around 18 years, but we've finally reached the piece de resistance of our high school years. I'm not very good at this sentimental thing, so I scratched up a little poem. Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you, "Ode to the Class of '06." ODE TO THE CLASS OF 2012 'Twas the night of graduation, and under the steeple there were very, very emotional people. Thoughts of the future, thoughts of the past, memories which will always last.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- As you inhale the aggregate odor of your senior class for the last time, I’m sure there are many burning questions racing through your minds: “Will I find my place in the world?” If you’re lucky. “Am I really going to graduate a virgin?” Yeah, probably. “Who is that incredibly handsome young man addressing us, and how long do we have the privilege of listening to him?” Howdy, Andrew Gonzales here, and hopefully not long; I realize that your robes are making you sweat, your thongs are making you uncomfortable, and my use of the words “virgin” and “thongs” is making your parents sweaty and uncomfortable.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Congratulations everyone, congratulations. If you're participating in this graduation ceremony, you've taken the next step toward your future goals and dreams. For those of you that just finished your transfer degrees, congratulations. To those of you that came back to school after a few years off to get a better education, congratulations. To those of you that came to get a certificate or learn IT or computer programming so you can get a better job, congratulations. Now that you're moving on toward whatever your next step is in life - a university, the job market, whatever - you are more prepared and ready for that next step now.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- To the County High School Class of 2012: As you sit in front of me, I know what most of you are thinking at the moment. There are those who are already pondering about what life without high school will be like; those who are debating whether or not to tell your crush tonight about your whispers of adoration you’ve secretly held for four years; some simply want to get out of that ungodly chair, get that thing that isn’t really a diploma but only tells you when to pick up the thing, and then be the first one on the green bus to the grad party — you know who you are.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- It is probably a mistake that I am standing here giving a speech for graduation. In fact it is probably a mistake that I am even graduating from this school at all -- believe me, just as most people in this class I have tested the limits of attendance, of sleeplessness, and of procrastination. At the beginning of my high schooling, I was even testing dropping out ... and if that wasn't a mistake, I don't know what was. After four years of Starr altering our minds, it seemed most fitting for me to spend my four minutes talking about mistakes.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
694 words (2 pages)
- Good evening parents, teachers, honored guests and soon to be graduates. My name is Ed Burrower, I'm the senior class president. A few weeks ago, I was told that I would be speaking at graduation. I was asked to put together a speech for tonight -- I've become experienced at speech writing over the past couple of weeks. The speech that you are hearing is the fourth one I've written, the recycle bin needs to be emptied at home and I need a new highlighter. Thank you, Mr. Mier, you get an "A+" for your help as my speech teacher but an "F" for saving trees.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
825 words (2.4 pages)