During high school most students will have a job during the summer break. Summer break is the time for those high school students to start being independent and learn a new set of skills. For high school student’s summer break is when they will make the most money to save for a new car, go to the movies with friends, or just about anything they want. Some high school students will keep their job during the school year, but they can only work a few hours after school and the weekends. That is not a very long time for those students to make money towards their funding’s. Students should be able to really experience full workdays and learn new things before they graduate high school.
Summer break for high school freshmen and younger students are unable to work because of the minor labor laws, therefore their summer breaks are to be able to have fun with their friends. They are to young to get a job, but old enough to hang out with friends. Summer break is the time to go swimming, biking, tubing, and eating ice cream, etc. with friends. If summer break were taken away there would be a lot less time to enjoy the warm weather. Summer break releases all the stress of the school year for now.
Every student is exci...
... middle of paper ...
...the best time to help those struggling students, because both the teacher and students have the whole summer off to get the help they need. The teacher will learn something from the students as well as the students learning from the teacher. Summer break will give more time to the teacher to help specific students that are struggling with a certain subject (Summer).
Summer break is very important for teachers so they can plan for the next school year. Planning a whole school year curriculum does not happen over night. A whole school year curriculum takes time and research. Getting homework papers, lesson plans, and finding out what works and what does not work is a very time consuming process, and the summer break is perfect for that. Summer break is not just for students, but for teachers as well. Teachers need summer break just as much as the students do (Summer).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Though our state isn't known for its cold winters, the winter of my junior year seemed to be the most frigid of my life. Every morning I would trudge through mud puddles on my way to the distant portable toliet that received no announcements and was supplied with absolutely no heat. We were all assured that this was an underhanded scheme of Mr. Rives to keep us all awake in the morning. It got so bad that in a show of rage each student came to class with a blanket and sad face the day Mr. Rives was to be observed by administration.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1036 words (3 pages)
- ... Daily routines provide structure, build good habits, increase efficiency, and many other lovely gifts. If a graduate were to take a year off before going into college, he or she would lose their daily routine that had been made in their years of school. Creating structure in life is not as simple as it sounds, so if a daily routine offers such a vital thing, why not take advantage of the opportunity. Plus having a sense of ownership, order, and organization (structure) can be very important in the life of a college student.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- I woke up this morning thinking that it was just an ordinary day. I showered and got dressed like I always do. I ate my usual bagel for breakfast. I got in my car and came to school like I’ve done every day this year (or — almost every day). I drove into the parking lot and straight to my spot, but when I got there it was already taken by another car. That is when I realized that this is not just any ordinary day. This is the day that we have been looking forward to for so long. For the past four years, we have watched friends and siblings walk across this stage and wish that it was us.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- It’s hard to believe that we are actually sitting here in the auditorium for the last time as students of Kheradmand High. But we are. We made it through four years of high school. Now we are teetering on the edge of the rest of our lives, having to grow up and head out into the “real” world. That thought might scare some people, but we are ready. After all, if you decide that you don’t want to be a part of the real world, maybe, you can always come back to Kheradmand High and maybe they will let you be a teacher.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- There I was, fresh out of high school; eighteen years old and feeling unstoppable. Finally, it was all over. I was stress free and living my life the way I wanted to; which consisted of sleeping in and enjoying my free time that high school had taken away from me. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with my life, but did not consider how I was going to get there. I did not want to think about college; it only meant going back to a set schedule of waking up early and sitting in multiple classes for hours.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Education]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- The day I found out that I was not graduating was in the spring from JCJC, it was a mind-blowing crush that hit me. The words echoed in my head when my adviser told me in her office and the only way I would graduate would be in the summer. I told her I understand and left her office shaken up, then I ran back to my dorm misty-eyed, and on the verge of crying. When I made it to my dorm, I called my grandmother to tell her the devastating news. When she heard what I told her, she comforted me and let me know that God is in control and I must trust in him no matter what.... [tags: Family, High school, Grandparent]
1810 words (5.2 pages)
- ____2015____ Throughout grade school, I would always ask myself questions like, “What will 2015 be like?” “What will I be like in 2015?” “How tall will I be?” “Is my family going to be any different?” 2015 was always an important year to me. Mainly because it would be the year I graduate high school. 2015 was a goal to me. I always knew that If I worked hard at the time, in the year 2015, it would pay off and I would be successful. I also always knew that 2015 was going to be the year, where a lot of change happened.... [tags: High school, Remainder, Snow, Trip]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Eight years ago as I was preparing for my middle school graduation, I remember my homeroom teacher presenting each student with a parting gift. It was an envelope and inside of this envelope was a strip of paper containing notable characteristics of the respective student. When I opened mine, it read “—thoughtful and extremely perceptive of others and her environment. She is intelligent and has varied interests and opinions that hardly anyone knows about. She is an excellent student and a loyal friend.” Though I did not consider the significant meaning of these words at the time, when the paper resurfaced a few years later, I read the paper again, this time with deeper reflection.... [tags: Crime, Criminal justice, Gang, Crips]
1721 words (4.9 pages)
- ... In June of 2015, I began working at The Ivymount School’s Autism program as an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Instructor. “Language Rich Programming” is the foundation of the Autism Program. My GRE scores in the area of Quantitative Reasoning are not as high as the suggested scores for your program. For this reason, I am submitting this addendum to present reasons why I should be considered for admission anyway. I know that the scores create a fear that I will not be able to handle the course work.... [tags: Applied behavior analysis, Behaviorism]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Since my family lived in the country, we didn’t get to go to the pool and park every day for summer break. We would occasionally play outside, but most of the times we would play inside and watch tv. I was a lot younger than my brothers and sister, so I would play pretend in my room while they just watched tv. Even though it was summer vacation and I didn’t have school anymore, that didn’t stop me from learning and teaching “others”. That’s what I would do all summer, was play school and pretend I was the teacher.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
1131 words (3.2 pages)