I remember going to my first meeting and being introduced into the club, and hearing all about what it had to offer. I was so excited about this new opportunity that I wished I had asked sooner. If I’m being honest, I never knew how much this club would actually mean to me. Now, I encourage other girls to join the chapter, because what this club did for me, could do the same for them and an elder. I am here to share my story about a friendship between a seventeen year old girl, and a ninety year old woman named Grace Hall.
It felt like a typical, rainy, October day. I had just eaten lunch with my parents and was off to my first GlamourGals makeover experience. As soon as I walked into the parlor at ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Senior year, the year you try out different clubs or sports because you know you will never get this opportunity again...well this was my case to say the least. As a junior, I remember seeing the logo for GlamourGals around school and wondered what it was. I never proceeded to go through with this curiosity and ask, so I actually did not know what this club was about until Senior year. I remember going to my first meeting and being introduced into the club, and hearing all about what it had to offer.... [tags: Family, Woman, English-language films]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- At the end of senior year, there is one major decision that can pave the way of the future. While many high school students choose to enter the workforce right after graduation, there are many benefits for those who choose to battle through school for a few more years. Going to college is an experience that everyone should go through, because it is a wise investment in oneself. College can be the beginning of a lifelong journey that opens many doors of opportunities such as: broadening social connections, expanding career options, and increasing future earning potential.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree, University]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- I was born on July 22, 1994 and have grown up in Oakdale Pennsylvania. I have one older brother, who is two years older than me, and up through college lived with my two parents as well. I attended McKee Elementary, West Allegheny Middle School, and West Allegheny Senior High School, which were all public schools in the West Allegheny School District. While in school, I did a number of activities. I was very involved with band since 6th grade and chorus since 5th grade. I continued band through 10th grade, when I was forced to drop it due to schedule conflicts with additional math classes I was trying to fit in at the time.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Middle school]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- I remember my Senior year in highschool and how everyone was just so anxious and excited to receive college acceptance letters. Getting accepted to our dream college was just the first step in reaching our dreams. A dream of creating a better life for ourselves and our families. This is what everyone had been working so hard for. In many cases, students that come from low-income communities are often the most motivated to do their best in school because they experience first hand what it 's like to live in poverty.... [tags: University, Student, Dropout, High school]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- A high point in my adolescence years was right before my senior year of high school started. My school, Holland Christian, takes all of the senior class for a weekend out at Timberwolf camp for a time of bonding, fun, and worship. In one of the worship sessions, everyone was on a ‘spiritual high’ from the weekend, and in particular, this worship service. One of our teachers asked for a few minutes of silent reflection. After a few minutes, he felt moved to ask our class if we felt moved to come up on stage and apologize to our classmates.... [tags: Adolescence, High school, Educational psychology]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- To be completely honest, at the end of my junior year, I felt ready to be up here. I watched a lot of my friends go through their senior year and felt completely prepared to move on. I could hardly stand the thought of another year at County High School, in what I thought would be stagnant water. At that point in my life, I had no idea how much I had left to learn and how much one more year at County High would mean. It ended up being, collectively, one of the most amazing experiences I have even had.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
399 words (1.1 pages)
- Someone very special in my life once told me, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goals." Upon entering high school four years ago, the majority of us had one goal and only one goal in mind, graduation. Many of us have heard people say that high school is the best time of our lives, so we better enjoy it. With that in mind, we thought that the next four years were going to be a breeze and before we knew it we would be out of here. Well, that is when reality hit us ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- High school. I never realized it would bring so many changes. As I walked on to campus my freshman year, my mindset was the same as it was in eighth grade; the young are invincible. And although I was excited to come to high school I had many fears. Would the classes be too hard, would I make new friends, what could I become involved in, and most of all -- what if I get lost. All of these fears eventually subsided and I, along with all of you, found the right classes and the right teachers. We all made new friends.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
692 words (2 pages)
- Class of 2012, tonight is the last time we will share together for many years. After tonight, we will begin a new chapter in our lives. This chapter will lead us away from each other, but the memories we've shared will continue to stay. The years behind us have been full of challenges and rewards; these experiences will be there to guide us as we branch out into the world. Let's take a moment to think back to the people and times that shaped us the last four years. Every teacher deserves a "thank you" for helping us to reach our goal of graduation.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- The Class of 2012. How long have we heard these words applied to us. Long years starting with broken crayons in kindergarten to inside-out sweatshirts in middle school to late English essays — 13 years of learning from the simplest counting to complicated algebra and calculus, from reciting our ABCs to reading Shakespeare. Imagine, us coming out of our respective middle schools into this monster of a campus. With three times as many people — people who drive. People who have cars and are legal adults.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
940 words (2.7 pages)