As a high school student I am doing several things right now to prepare me for my bright future. One of the most important things I am doing right now is earning a high grade point average. I complete all of my assignments on time and try my hardest to receive an,“A”. I constantly check online to see what my grades are and if there 's anything I need to work on. Attending school is also an important to do. I miss a large amount of school for health reasons, but I attend school as often as I can. When you miss school, you not only miss what was taught that day, but you also become behind in your school work. I always make sure to get all of my assignments done on the days that I am absent. I ask for help whenever it is needed and this helps me succeed. Another thing I am doing to prepare me for my future is graduating early. There are classes available during the summer that help you get ahead in school. These classes are called Credit Advancement. I am taking two online classes this summer and after completing these I will graduate. Credit Advancement only la...
... middle of paper ...
...e model for my children and to do that I need to spend time with them. A successful family is a happy family. Everything I do will affect my future and hopefully my life will be like this in twenty years.
There are many things that I am doing now and plan to do shortly after high school to create a future proud of achieving. Taking advantage of every opportunity that high school provides you is a key factor for success. Going to college gives you the tools and experience you need to achieve. Internships also help you become more confident in your life choices. Twenty years from now I want to make good money, have a happy marriage, and be able to spend time with my family. There is always a way to better yourself. Making good choices early on can set you up for success. Only you can prevent yourself from achieving. Never hold yourself back from what you want in life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good afternoon everyone. Friends, family, staff members, honored guests and fellow graduates. On behalf of the Grad Class of 2016, we were selected by our class to give some parting words. Today is our day. After thirteen years of knowing only these walls around us, our time here has come to an end. We are officially stepping forward into our futures. No longer united on one path, as we are now branching off on our own, taking our own paths. Thirteen years ago, we met for the first time. Along the way, some additions and some subtractions were made throughout; leaving us with the group you see before you.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, 2006 albums]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- School can be a long, strenuous journey. It takes years, dedication, and intelligence to achieve in life. Who would not want to take advantage of all the schooling opportunities we receive here in the United States. I am one of those individuals who see the significance of taking advantage of these opportunities. The only person that can prevent you from achieving is yourself. It may not be trouble-free, but anything is practicable. Do you have what it takes to be successful. Do you want to know some things to do to set you on the right path for success.... [tags: High school, College, Need, Want]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Are we there yet. Are we there yet. Sitting in the backseat of the car, I used to bombard my family with these questions. On our summer road trips I was so anxious for the destination that I failed to appreciate the journey. However, as time passed and I grew older, I realized that it was the journey that was important and not the destination. For the past 13 years of our education we have been on a journey - a journey full of experiences, challenges and accomplishments. We have made it through elementary, middle and high school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
436 words (1.2 pages)
- Someone very special in my life once told me, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goals." Upon entering high school four years ago, the majority of us had one goal and only one goal in mind, graduation. Many of us have heard people say that high school is the best time of our lives, so we better enjoy it. With that in mind, we thought that the next four years were going to be a breeze and before we knew it we would be out of here. Well, that is when reality hit us ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Most graduation speeches are about unity and how close we've become as a class. I don't think that this applies to us. Instead, I think we've all become close as individuals, not because of some imaginary entity we all belong to, but because of who we are. But that is what's important. In 10 years, we won't be chanting "Senior Power"; we'll be remembering the individual relationships we all had. I remember after our eighth grade graduation milling about the courtyard, hugging each other and crying for what would become of us.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- High school. I never realized it would bring so many changes. As I walked on to campus my freshman year, my mindset was the same as it was in eighth grade; the young are invincible. And although I was excited to come to high school I had many fears. Would the classes be too hard, would I make new friends, what could I become involved in, and most of all -- what if I get lost. All of these fears eventually subsided and I, along with all of you, found the right classes and the right teachers. We all made new friends.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
692 words (2 pages)
- Good evening and welcome to the commencement ceremonies of the class of 2006. It has been a long journey, somewhere around 18 years, but we've finally reached the piece de resistance of our high school years. I'm not very good at this sentimental thing, so I scratched up a little poem. Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you, "Ode to the Class of '06." ODE TO THE CLASS OF 2012 'Twas the night of graduation, and under the steeple there were very, very emotional people. Thoughts of the future, thoughts of the past, memories which will always last.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- T.S. Eliot once wrote, "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." Every landmark in our lives will end but there is always a beginning to an end. As each new path ends a new one begins. Graduation marks the end of a path but as it ends a new path begins. Life is an adventure. We started out by walking on a winding path as we entered the destination of kindergarten. As our lives ventured on down the winding path, we met new friends and new life experiences along the way.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- Good afternoon. Today I have been asked to speak about graduation past, present and future. My first graduation occurred when I finished kindergarten. This is often where we learn the most basic of principles. This is what I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Don't take things that are not yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Don't forget to flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Class of 2012, tonight is the last time we will share together for many years. After tonight, we will begin a new chapter in our lives. This chapter will lead us away from each other, but the memories we've shared will continue to stay. The years behind us have been full of challenges and rewards; these experiences will be there to guide us as we branch out into the world. Let's take a moment to think back to the people and times that shaped us the last four years. Every teacher deserves a "thank you" for helping us to reach our goal of graduation.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
550 words (1.6 pages)