After my freshman year first semester ended i spent a little more focus on my school work. even with a little more focus i was still behind did not think must of it. i started taking it more serious towards the end. During the last few days i was face wit the fact i would have to go to summer school so i tried the best i can to play catch up. i spent that summer going to summer classes. The summer classes it self did not bother me at all but it would of been nice if i didn 't have to do it in the first place. i was able to do if i remember right 2 classes. witch i still did not take seriously took me a while to do. I would miss a few days and then attend a couple days and then miss a few days.
sophomore year i was 16 so decided that i can go get a job and go to school. i started working so sometime i would be tired to go to school or to tired to do school work. I work at a supermarket work plenty of hours so i could have more money at the end of the week. by sophomore year i kinda knew what i wanted to do which was work at a car dealership. At the back of my mind i always knew i could make so much money with out a high school diploma but i still wanted and still wanted to attend school. i was doing OK still failing classes but i did put some effort into it. after i put more thought into what i wanted to do for a living and seeing out much people at car dea...
... middle of paper ...
...fe. a year goes by i made good money in the insurance industry and have more sales experience under my belt. i was able to get a job at a car dealership and best part was i was also in training to become the F&I manger. After making good money i wanted more and to do that i need to go to school and get my diploma. a friend of mine named gus was in virtual success and told me that its e2020 and you get a high school diploma. so i thought about it i see school i wanted to go to to get my finance certificate it cost 12k and a you need diploma. i went to sign up meet with my bouley who got me started. once i get my high school diploma i can keep pushing for a better job.
Even though my mistake caused me to graduate late i glad it happened the way it did. even though i should if graduate because if you work and go to school your given credit for it ignorance is no excuses.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For thirteen long years, I imagined the stature and freedom of being a high school graduate. Every scenario I had created in my mind about my future was beyond this point of restraint that kept me from being a true adult. As far as I was concerned, in the last months of my high school career, graduating was the end game. I could practically feel the seals on my diploma and visualize the Old English font, I had never built up an event so much before. The only thing keeping me from moving forward with my life was the time until graduation.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Academic dress, College]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- What lead to my late graduation you might ask. well it started back in freshman year. I was told that your freshman years are important but I paid no mind to the warning. I was only 15 at the time come out of middle the last thing on my mind was school work. I did well my first semester but after that i failed a few classes and from there started the predicament i was in. After my freshman year first semester ended i spent a little more focus on my school work. even with a little more focus i was still behind did not think must of it.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Graduation]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- I remember vividly, getting off the airplane in the middle of January, and feeling the cold wind, which felt like needles, hitting against my face. We had finally reached New York. I had only heard of this city through phone conversations from my mother and father while my sisters and I awaited their return back home to our island. It was snowing that day and I remember being in awe of the white flakes that melted on my tongue as I stuck it out. It was so cold, yet still I played with the snow until my hands went numb, and even then I didn’t stop.... [tags: English language, Writing, Word, Creative writing]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Okay, before anything else, I will say that I have run this letter through both PaperRater and Grammarly, but I am still going to apologize for any grammar mistakes you pick up in this paper, because I always manage to have some. Now, with my apology out of the way, I would like to tell you how thankful I am to have had you as my teacher this year. I will admit that at the beginning of the year, I was filled with trepidation, mostly because even though my past seniors told me I would be fine in the class, I also had quite a few seniors tell me that the class was incredibly hard.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Government, Writing style]
1036 words (3 pages)
- This year, all I wanted to was to get over the semester. I really never had my priorities straight. I always thought that college has been just a place where you meet new people, and also a place where you have fun. But now that I had to face the actual struggles of college, I had to learn that college wasn’t just about having fun and playing games. Waiting for the clock to tell me when the class was over wasn’t my main priority. My main priority after half of the semester was to get as much information I could possibly from my professors.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Learning, Skill]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- The year is almost over, meaning the time spent growing and learning new linguistic and writing strategies is coming to a close. Looking back on the long journey I have experienced first-hand, I have noticed growth with every piece that I wrote. At times the class was stressful, but it was always an extreme accomplishment to finish a paper and grow and develop as a writer. First semester, I set goals that I felt would be attainable, yet beneficial for the AP exam. The goals I established were to become more creative in my writing, expand my use of rhetorical strategies, and improve my vocabulary.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Piece]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- My grandma has always been one of the head cheerleaders in my support system. Growing up she continually cheered me on and by example helped me develop into an independent woman who believes I can achieve anything through hard work. As a kid she came to all of my soccer games (and even some practices), yelling encouragements as if more than a handful of the seven year-old girls actually understood the game and anyone was keeping score. The older I got I became more involved. Swim meets, band concerts, marching band performances, National Honor Society speeches, musical performances – she was there at every single one, even though I had moved over an hour away.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Publishing, Learning]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- At the beginning of this course I set a goal. I have never been really good at English and I had not taken any English course in two years. I consider this facts set my goal to get a B in this course. It has been a semester already and this course is ends. Looking back at the entire semester, I realize I was too naïve. I failed to achieve the grade I wanted in this class. I failed to achieve the grade I wanted for this class because MLA formatting was too complicated. On the very first day of this course was the first I ever heard of MLA formatting.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Linguistics, High school]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- When I first learned to write, it was 2000. I went to a private school for four year olds and while we were anticipating naptime, our teacher had something else in mind. She instructed us to write cursive and we responded with confused looks on our faces. Even at this young age, I could already clearly tell I was different than everyone else; my parents had established that I was going to be getting a higher education. And to get this higher education I would have to excel in reading and writing.... [tags: High school, Writing, Middle school]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- One day while sitting in room 242 Peltier Hall, all my classmates began talking about the grades they received on their Unit one essay. I started to tell my classmates that I never received a grade for the assignment and one of them suggested that I go talk to Mrs. Pejic. I was so nervous because I barely talked in the class, and I had to have a meeting with the professor. When I walked into Mrs. Pejic’s office for my revision appointment, I realized it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Her office was cozy and welcoming.... [tags: High school, Writing, Essay, Teacher]
1153 words (3.3 pages)