I made many new friends at Lawndale. My lifelong friend Amber. Amber is funny and misunderstood. I had a wonderful semester at Lawndale not only because I made friends, but because the teachers were very involved with the students, the teachers always took time out to help all their students get onto a college level. Lawndale was like a second home for me, I felt very secure, and joyful. My mother’s job were rejuvenating the building and my mother fell out of the chair backwards and broke her back and injured her neck. My mother got a case, a lawyer and sued the job. The suing process took a while to get all evidence and going back and forth to court. She won the case and the job paid for her medical bills and therapy sessions.
My mother was placed on disability until she fully recovered to go back to work. This incident happened at the worst time of my life! I was sad and sympathetic for my mother, I helped her around the house a lot w...
... middle of paper ...
...ting early. I did more work to achieve my goal, I let what I been through be my motivation to work even harder. I graduated at Lee Pollard High as a junior. I continued my education, and went to college, while most of my peers took a year off, or decided not to further their education.
Based on my experience from moving from Hawthorne to Eastvale then to Corona I understand that change is not always a negative thing. Based on what I been through I could have choose to quit, I understand knowledge is power and education is the key to success. I have my plans written on paper, I know that I want a better future for myself and my future children. Therefore, change doesn’t have to be a bad experience, life is what you make it and from my moving experience it made me a stronger and wiser person. So in the end change did not break me it instead it made me who I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Before coming to college I had many people tell me that I would make my best friends in college. Whenever I told anyone that I was going to Kansas State University in the fall they would rant and rave about how much fun I would have. Everyone I talked to told me it would be fun for many different reasons but the one thing that everyone mentioned was the friendships I would form. I became really excited to get to Manhattan and have a bunch of great friends. I had some really good high school friends and they will always be important to me but, I was ready to find out what was so special about college friends.... [tags: Friendship, Love, Interpersonal relationship]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- As I have aged my goals have changed like they do for many people, you want to graduate high school, then maybe go on to college, start a family or get a job you love. I have accomplished all those things above though not all of them have been done completely. I have a wonderful girlfriend and 3 awesome young boys. I found a job I love doing in a place I love being in. I did attempt college a while back but that didn’t go so well. That’s where we are today I am trying to right that wrong I did by completing a degree in the field I currently work in.... [tags: Need, Want, WANT, Iraq War]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Ladies, gentlemen, parents, friends, family, staff, fellow students: Instead of taking up more time and reading my speech, it is available to you at http://www.olen’s_speech.com. Thank you. No, just kidding. But seriously folks... Today we are gathered here to celebrate our graduation from 12 long years of schooling. The education granted to us has been a privilege. One so graciously given to us by the citizens of our state, by our community, and by our parents. Today would not be possible without them.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- It is probably a mistake that I am standing here giving a speech for graduation. In fact it is probably a mistake that I am even graduating from this school at all -- believe me, just as most people in this class I have tested the limits of attendance, of sleeplessness, and of procrastination. At the beginning of my high schooling, I was even testing dropping out ... and if that wasn't a mistake, I don't know what was. After four years of Starr altering our minds, it seemed most fitting for me to spend my four minutes talking about mistakes.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
694 words (2 pages)
- Students, faculty, family, friends, on this exciting day, I speak to optimism, laughter, and grins. As I was gathering input for this graduation speech, several people suggested including a profound quote offering “encouraging advice to the young graduates”, and then there were others who said, “eh don’t worry about it, no one listens to those anyway.” Fortunately, I was actually able to take from both suggestions and found a happy balance. You see, I won’t tell you today to: “Dare to dream” or “Find your own vision” or even to “Strive for excellence,” or any trite cliché that’s ever been said in a graduation speech.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- As you inhale the aggregate odor of your senior class for the last time, I’m sure there are many burning questions racing through your minds: “Will I find my place in the world?” If you’re lucky. “Am I really going to graduate a virgin?” Yeah, probably. “Who is that incredibly handsome young man addressing us, and how long do we have the privilege of listening to him?” Howdy, Andrew Gonzales here, and hopefully not long; I realize that your robes are making you sweat, your thongs are making you uncomfortable, and my use of the words “virgin” and “thongs” is making your parents sweaty and uncomfortable.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- I would like to thank all of you for coming on such short notice. After all, 18 years hardly seems like enough time to prepare for graduation. In fact, as I stand up here and looking at all of my classmates, I wonder if I am ready to graduate. But I know that high school has merely been an appetizer in the seven course meal that we call life. And for all of you that know me -- family, friends and teachers -- you know that I have a great appreciation for food. Whether it's a juicy slab of prime rib at dinner or just a package of Fruitos during third period, I can never resist.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- To the County High School Class of 2012: As you sit in front of me, I know what most of you are thinking at the moment. There are those who are already pondering about what life without high school will be like; those who are debating whether or not to tell your crush tonight about your whispers of adoration you’ve secretly held for four years; some simply want to get out of that ungodly chair, get that thing that isn’t really a diploma but only tells you when to pick up the thing, and then be the first one on the green bus to the grad party — you know who you are.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- A wise person once said something to this effect: "Quotes are just another way of masking one's true feelings." I'd tell you the person who wrote it, but I can barely even remember it word for word. It's funny I crossed paths with this quote just days before I was informed I would be speaking at commencement. Someone or something, maybe a higher power, meant for this quote and I to meet. The irony of the whole situation is that the author's quote was turned into a quote, which is most likely the opposite of their intentions.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- First of all I want to take this opportunity to thank some people. I wish to extend my gratitude and gratefulness to all of you who are present today. The people who care and have made a difference are right here ... right now. The greatest gift any of us could have received is having the people who influenced all of our lives here to witness this milestone. Whether you are parents, teachers, family members, or friends, you have all contributed for us to reach this goal of acquiring our diplomas.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Cash Flow : The Money That Makes Money
- The Importance Of Having An Education Our Social Skills, The Personal Gains And The Development Of Nations
- Early Adulthood : Adolescence And Adulthood
- Alternative Of Alternative Energy Vehicles
- The Healthcare Debate Of The United States
- My First Day Feeling A Bit Tired