Ever since we enter grade school, the same questions are always asked of us. “What do you wanna be when you grow up?” that same question then matures to “ what are you going to major in?” etc.. The question that needs to be asked is how are you going to get where you want to be. It involves a lot of planning, dedication and effort to get somewhere that worthwhile.Most importantly effort is needed to accomplish any of these goals. My first present goal Is to do my best and put all my effort into the classes i 'm enrolled in this year. Get the most out of the classes as I can. My second goal is to really be open to new experiences and keep an open mind for everything and enjoy life and live a little. My third goal is to achieve financial freedom not in the mansion, supercar driving but comfortable lifestyle.
I 'm the first person in my family to go to college, with that comes a lot of pressure as well. I 'm extremely grateful to have an affordable college like CMC just down my block. So that brings me to my first goal. The first goal spans in time one school year. The plan to start this goal was when started school this fall. In high school, I got away with just showing up and doing the work during the class and never doing homework. That worked back then, not now A Lot of the material to succeed in college classes is done as homework. Don 't do the homework and you will fall way behind in class and have no idea what 's going on. My first step is to have a setup time In which I do my homework and allow myself plenty of time to do quality work. A Lot of the time while i 'll do my homework, I get distracted with tv,facebook, video games. I have to avoid all distractions and stay focused on my work in front of me. The s...
... middle of paper ...
...i would like to up it to 70% for the fact that I live at home and have no bills. this is the time I should save money for the future. I 've been spending money on things i don 't really need and i 'm going to try to focus on only spending my money on gas, food and bills. This is just for the time i 'm in college, I know later in life you have to spend money for a house, emergencies and pleasure etc. At least this way I have a stepping stone into that instead of starting in my 20s.
As with anything in life you get out what you put in, all these goals mean nothing unless I want them to mean something. the first step to anything is effort and with effort everything will come along into its place. So even though these goals differ greatly from each other they will all work to help me come a better person and be more ready for what I want to accomplish in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Someone very special in my life once told me, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goals." Upon entering high school four years ago, the majority of us had one goal and only one goal in mind, graduation. Many of us have heard people say that high school is the best time of our lives, so we better enjoy it. With that in mind, we thought that the next four years were going to be a breeze and before we knew it we would be out of here. Well, that is when reality hit us ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Good afternoon. Today I have been asked to speak about graduation past, present and future. My first graduation occurred when I finished kindergarten. This is often where we learn the most basic of principles. This is what I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Don't take things that are not yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Don't forget to flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Life is a series of new beginnings. We are always proceeding through life focused on one goal. When we were little, it was to put anything and everything that we could possibly find into our mouths. Later, we managed to put one wobbly leg in front of the other. When we were experts at that and getting into all sorts of trouble, we moved on to kindergarten. That is when it all began: our long journey that would lead us to today. Kindergarten was full of challenges and new experiences. White glue sticks tasted ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
418 words (1.2 pages)
- After four years, we are finally gathered on the steps of what we thought we'd never come to. We are graduating, finally shedding the familiar and embarking on a world of "what's-next?" Despite that, though, today is perhaps most importantly a day to remember our past. In the entire childhood of memories that each of us has accumulated, beginning roughly when we were still young enough to believe braces are cool, some of the most vivid and influential are from this campus. The high school years are mainly those in which a person leaves off building their lives around what they have been shown, and begins to select the path they will take for themselves.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
499 words (1.4 pages)
- Success. It is something that everyone wants, but no one knows exactly what it is. Some believe it to be how many friends they have, how nice their car is or even being able to stay awake through graduation. I believe it is something different. I believe that success is determined by what a person does with the gifts and opportunities with which they were blessed. Our times at Powell High School have given us both those gifts and the opportunity. We have been fortunate enough to have several wonderful influences shape us into the people we are today.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- As a graduation speaker, I'm supposed to stand up here reflectively gazing out upon the few, the proud, the chosen: the Class of 2012, and point in general directions while saying the cliché, "Among us I see the first female president and a future congressman and the next mayor of Everett." But besides that I would never in my most vengeful moments wish those positions upon any of you, I cannot make those assertions because I am categorically against campaigns of any kind. Inspirational speaker John Bytheway said, "Success is more likely to come naturally from living life fully than by a direct and pointed campaign to achieve that long-range goal." This asserts that it's better to achieve by... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to the class of 2012. I greatly appreciate sharing my journey with you. I believe the greater the difficulty, the greater the glory and the glory is what we celebrate tonight. When I was first asked to speak in front of the graduation committee, I said to myself, "I can't do this", "what do I have to say anyway", "I don't have time", "I'm in the middle of midterms" and "it's just something else I have to prepare for." After pondering over all these "excuses," I'm here and I have an answer to my own questions.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1976 words (5.6 pages)
- Isn't it strange how princes and kings And clowns who caper in sawdust rings And common folk, like you and me Are builders for eternity. For each is given a bag of tools, A shapeless mass, and a set of rules. And each of us, a life is flown, Must either build a stumbling block or stepping stone. Builders for eternity ... what an awe-inspiring thought: That you and I not would be, nor could be, but are builders for eternity. On this day, the seventh of June 2006, at our high school graduation night, the night we say goodbye to the structured life high school offers, the night we say goodbye to friends and teachers that have impacted our lives in so many ways.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- First of all I want to take this opportunity to thank some people. I wish to extend my gratitude and gratefulness to all of you who are present today. The people who care and have made a difference are right here ... right now. The greatest gift any of us could have received is having the people who influenced all of our lives here to witness this milestone. Whether you are parents, teachers, family members, or friends, you have all contributed for us to reach this goal of acquiring our diplomas.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Welcome, class of 2012. Today I'm earning my Associate of Science degree [and let me tell you it feels great]. This fall I'll be studying physics at State University. I'm so proud to be graduating with you here at Northern Community College. Tonight, we're here to celebrate our accomplishments [and you know we deserve it!] May we not forget how far we have come, and let us look to the future and continue to push ourselves to reach for our dreams and goals. Some time ago we took that all so important first step.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1112 words (3.2 pages)