Then first month went by and I gave my parents 180$ for my insurance for that month. Then, I decided that I could wait another month to start looking for a job. My parents weren’t happy they said,”You need to go find a job before you run out of money and you won’t be able to pay for your insurance.” I told them they should calm down I had more than enough money to pay for the next insurance bill.
I begin to get really lazy and go back to playing Xbox all day long. It starts to infuriate my dad because he hates it when I am lazy and play Xbox all day long. He starts yelling at me to get a job and I told him I will be fine and I will have enough money for insurance. He just stormed off. It is not a pleasant sight to see him all worked up. Later that month came the day to pay for my insurance. I was not happy with myself because I only had a little over $100. My parents said,”Get your butt up and go look for another job or when you can’t pay for your insurance we are going to sell your truck to pay for it.” I finally got my lazy butt up and went to look for A a new job to apply for. Every major franchise/company would tell me that it 's all online. I then went home and got online and filled out multiple applications. ...
... middle of paper ...
...awesome if I could start tomorrow. At last, I finally get to make some money and have more than a few dollars to my name.
That past month and a half was a huge struggle for me and I don’t think I have ever stressed about something more than me needing to get some money and get a job. It was a horrible experience for me and I don’t ever want to have to go through something like that for the rest of my life again. So, two weeks go by and my insurance is past due. I told my parents I get paid on every other Tuesday and that I will be a day or two late on the insurance. They sigh and say”that will be fine I guess ,but don’t ever do this again.” Tuesday rolls around and I go to get my check and took it to my parents so they could cash it in for me. I finally had a job and paid for my insurance after all. It was a terrifying experience. I would hate to go through it again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The college experience is something that many students have planned on for years. However, what exactly makes up the college experience. There are the student organizations, internships, and the classes. The classes a student takes are laid out for the most part by the institution. The student must take a list of classes that may or may not apply to their chosen career path. In order for the student to graduate, they are required to complete a certain number of classes that is equal to a particular number of college credit hours.... [tags: Education, University, Course]
2213 words (6.3 pages)
- The college experience provides a lot of opportunities where students can network with professionals and potential employers. Most of these opportunities happen outside of a classroom; because of this, it is important for students to take an active role in their education. Students can build their professional network by engaging in extracurricular activities or volunteering, keeping in frequent contact with their academic advisor, faculty, and administrators on campus, attending career fairs or participating in an internship or co-op to meet professionals who work outside of campus, attending and asking questions during guest lectures, and attending and networking during alumni events.... [tags: University, Academia, Curriculum, Employment]
700 words (2 pages)
- As I look into the near future, I cannot help but find myself nervously awaiting the arrival of my field practicum. The process of getting to this point has been long, and even though I feel as though I am ready, there is always the constant fear of the unknown. I am sure my classmates are also feeling the pressure that I find myself under. However, I believe we are all ready to take the next step. It is time for us to utilize our skills, face our challenges, and prepare ourselves for the upcoming practicum.... [tags: Skill, Learning]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Junior Achievement is something that I’ve greatly learned from. My experience in the classroom was heartwarming, and informative. The kids were wonderful, and they showed me how difficult teaching will be, but they also showed me how rewarding it will be. From the start of observations, I knew that I would enjoy being with first graders. The first day I was there the students were curious, and asked me various questions. Of course, the students’ being curious was something I expected. I was also nervous to meet the students for the first time.... [tags: Education, Learning, Knowledge, Need]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- When the time came for me to choose which university I was going to attend in the fall, I struggled a bit. I was between my favorite school, Alvernia University, and Marywood. Alvernia was about the size of Marywood, it was three hours from home, and a pretty, calm, peaceful campus. On the other hand Marywood was close to home, and offered me a lot of money in scholarships. When the time came to choose, I was forced to sit down with my parents and decide which option was going to be the best option.... [tags: Student, Education, Goal, Statements]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Grammar: My Experience “Unfortunately, my experience with grammar is very minimal” is what I said at the very beginning of this class. And although I did learn a lot in this class, I also learned that I had a lot of previous knowledge that I wasn’t even aware that I had. The problem with the background knowledge that I have is that I have a hard time putting a name to the things that I already know. In grade school I was taught very little grammar. I can think all the way back to Elementary school and I have vivid memories of being taught how to read and write.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- Around this time last year I experienced a bit of my type of poverty. So, this all started once summer ended. School was starting and I had to quit my very well-paying summer job. It was a sad moment because I knew I wouldn’t be able to make that much money until next summer. I started to think to myself I could just chill for the first month with no job because I had a few hundred bucks saved up from working to pay for my truck insurance. I got very lazy and started to slack all day long when I got home from school.... [tags: Need, Want, 2008 singles, Sadness]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- When I was starting this semester for real was very frustrating. I had to work harder than all my classmates and do more than my standards. I had to go beyond of what I thought was possible. In fact, I was anger to most of my classmates because they were born here, they speak and write English, they should be getting better grades than me, but they don’t take college seriously and I hate that. Now, as the semester went on and final exams are getting closer I am so frustrated I’m fearing that I’m going to fail the final exams of all my courses and I sure know I must study for all of them now, but I’m feeling anxiety and I should calm down myself or I really will fail all my tests.... [tags: Anxiety, Emotion, Fear, Final examination]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- I have found this class to be very individual focused, which I like. It allows me to really focus on what I need to work on based on your critiques in our assignments such as our scene partner work and monologues. This class is definitely helping me see where my strengths are, and where I need improvement. I’ve been struggling with some of the classes vocal warm-ups, because for me, I find them very uncomfortable, even though I do see the gain in doing them. I find the stretching and vocal warm-ups uncomfortable, because I’m used to warming up by myself and in my own secluded space.... [tags: Want, Need, Idea, Thought]
1054 words (3 pages)
- In my previous experience with education, I have had the opportunity to become immersed in different types of academia. Every time I have transitioned into different instructional environments, the distinctions between teaching techniques, social interaction, etc. were extreme in my eyes; being the only thing I associated with changing schools. I believed that the change was unnecessary and I would perform optimally in my current situation. My parents’ decisions for my education challenged my beliefs and as a minor, I respected their decisions begrudgingly.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- The Killings Fields Is A Chilling Film About The Cambodian Genocide And The Khmer Rouge
- Does Violence Video Game Make Children Behavior Become Less Aggressive Toward Others?
- Fun Learning Experience At A College Campus Dining Hall
- Let 's Talk About Sex
- Evaluating Hofstede 's Six Dimensions Of Cross Cultural Behavior
- Analysis Of ' A & P '