Many high school students would like to attend a big university not knowing that a smaller one offers the some of the same courses, as well as offering a four year program to earn a bachelor’s degree. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in New Jersey studied the amount of basic course opportunities for students that attend smaller and larger universities and the studies show that all of the students no matter the universities size receive equal opportunity. This shows that there are many opportunities at small universities for the students of whom would like to get basic credits or if they would like to get one of the more common four year degrees.
Most high school students know that the price of attending a large university is more than that of smaller one but they do not realize how much, with the courses costing a lot more as well as the housing and food, and especially the gas money if they go to big city such as Austin, which has very heavy traffic. The only thing really the same about the price is the cost of the textbooks. According to ...
... middle of paper ...
...efer the student that graduated from the top of his or her small university class than one that graduated in the middle of his or her large university class.
Choosing a university to attend is arguably the most import decision a high school student will ever have to make, and for someone who has no idea what they would like to major in it becomes the hardest decision they will have to make as well. If the student prefers a smaller class, more one on one time with the professor, to make less but closer friends, have less completion and does not have the money to spend a smaller university may be the best option, but if the student is looking for completion, want a better chance to find a better paying job or a job in general, still does not know what they will be majoring in and wants all of the major options and has the money the larger university is the way to go.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High school graduation is the most significant event of my life because it gave me a sense of completion, it has proved that hard work pays off, and it gave me a greater appreciation for my opportunities. My graduation was held on May 18th, 2015 at South Florida Fairgrounds. The morning of my graduation, my mother made me my favorite breakfast, and we later headed out to my make-up appointment. The end result of my make-up appointment was stunning, and as a bonus, I got it done for free. When I got home, I saw a bouquet of orchids with a note attached, from my dad.... [tags: High school, Graduation, High school diploma]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- High School Graduation On my high school graduation ceremony, the moment of hard work paid off has finally arrived. Squeezing my best friend hand, I never experienced something so nerve racking, yet so emotional. The butterflies in my stomach didn’t let me focus. My heart was pounding, my hands were sweaty but ready to receive my high school diploma. When I finally heard my name being called, my family screamed of joy, especially my mother. During that memorable moment, a capture an eye on people who I used to call my friends.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Graduation]
712 words (2 pages)
- As I come closer to the end of my high school career, I look forward to the future and see nothing but stress, higher education opportunities, and procrastination. The single reason as to why I have decided to involve myself in the college experience, is to achieve the optimum quality of life. The only way to conquer this goal is to direct myself towards job openings, countless, hours of schooling, and changes in the way I perform in the school setting. Chancing this college experience is designed to be expensive and challenging, however, I will deem it to be worthwhile when I’m holding my doctorate at my college graduation.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Graduation]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Most thoughts going through the head of a high school graduate are, “I finally get to take a year off before going into college now!” or “I’m finally done with school!”, but, it’s really the start of something new. After graduating high school, most individuals plan to attend college for their first time, of course after summer ends. Which can and most likely be is the smartest decision they could ever make after graduating high school. But there are also some graduates who believe since they have worked so hard in their years of high school that they deserve to take a year off before entering college.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Everybody have a significant moment in their lives’, in which they can vividly recall. Graduating high school was one significant moment in my life that I can remember every graphic detail and feeling that occurred. Flashbacks come and go as I try to relive the experience, however, one can’t experience the happiness I felt walking across the stage, unless I start from the events leading up to this special moment. Before graduation day arrived, there were miniature moments contributing to its grand gesture.... [tags: Academic dress, Graduation, High school, Gown]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- In every teenager’s life, there’s always the question of what or who they want to be when they graduate from high school. I asked myself that very same question. I didn’t have any intentions of going to college after graduation. I wanted to take a break from the constant pressure of my parents’ high expectations of me. I graduated from high school in the top 10% of my class and was awarded senior of the year on graduation day. Although I was proud of myself for the hard work I put into me graduating with honors, I realized I really didn’t know what I was interested in becoming or doing after high school.... [tags: High school, Graduation, College, United States]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- High school graduation day is life full of journeys for everyone, high school life is a memorable time for most people, for me as well. High school can be filled with lots of good memories for some people and it could be filled with bad memories, for me it was both I had good times and I had bad times. High school Graduation day should definitely be the best day of your life because that means no more high school, no more having to wake up at 6 or 7a.m., no more having to hear your parents say “do you have homework” or “How your grades are looking “, no more seeing people that you don’t get along with in high school.... [tags: High school, Graduation, High school diploma]
2254 words (6.4 pages)
- There I was, fresh out of high school; eighteen years old and feeling unstoppable. Finally, it was all over. I was stress free and living my life the way I wanted to; which consisted of sleeping in and enjoying my free time that high school had taken away from me. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with my life, but did not consider how I was going to get there. I did not want to think about college; it only meant going back to a set schedule of waking up early and sitting in multiple classes for hours.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Education]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Saturday night was my high school graduation and tomorrow afternoon was the party on Sunday. That whole weekend my family was coming into town to watch me walk across the stage for graduation. When I got my high school diploma, I was so excited and it felt great. As my family came to support me at my graduation, I felt proud of myself for what I had accomplished. When Sunday morning came, I went to church. When I came home from church, we got ready for my graduation party to show off my high school diploma.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Family]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- High school is an interesting part in our life as it is. We spend the majority of the week surrounded with people that we dislike, tolerate, or some that we hopefully enjoy. We don 't have an option of whether we want to be there or not, it 's a requirement. A question for many people that have went to the same school their whole life may be is a large difference between going to a larger school or smaller school, and which is more enjoyable. I was fortunate enough to have experienced both, large and small schools.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Middle school]
1013 words (2.9 pages)