Our greatest gift in December is the opportunity to guide, work, and be with each child in After School. Thank you for partnering with us to provide a thriving atmosphere for your children. We hope your holidays are filled with joy, contentment, peace and prosperity!
We are happy to have Christina Erexson back with us in After School. We would like to congratulate her and her family on the birth of her daughter, Malina!
There will be no After School after 3:00 on Friday, December 16th. It is an all school dismissal. If your child will not be napping with us on this day, please let us know so we can get their linens to you on Thursday. FCM Winterfest celebration is at 3:30 on Friday, December 16th, at the Unitarian Church. Hope to see you there!
Purple Finch After School: Everyone is familiar now with how long each stage of the afternoon feels: i.e. how long they have to eat lunch, how long to lay quietly on their mat, how long before toddler friends leave and Extended Day friends come into the room, and how long we play outside before going home. Favori...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Members of the faculty, parents, guests, and graduates, have no fear. I am well aware that on a day of such high excitement, what you require, first and foremost, of any speaker is brevity. I shall not fail you in this respect. When we arrived at State College, all was new to us and we walked around looking up at everything in awe. As we have been preparing to leave, we were given the chance to see State College from the top of the tallest building, looking down on everything with nostalgic familiarity—inspecting the tiny people that bring State College to life, trying to imagine the countless buses we squeezed to get on, and the hours spent talking to friends.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Mrs. Meke told me never to start a paper with a dictionary definition, but it only seemed fitting to site Merriam Webster today. Graduation is the act of acceptance of an academic degree or diploma. Never have Merriam and Webster been more off their mark. Graduation is much more than a simple ceremony, it is the culmination of 12 years of work, friendships, and the little moments that still make us smile. High school was more than its name leads you to believe. It wasn’t just school, it taught us a whole lot more than how to write a good essay, who laid the foundation for communism, and why we all should despise geometry proofs.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- No amount of education can completely prepare us for the world that lies ahead of us. Because it presents many unknowns, it is exciting yet at the same time frightening. I know that there are still so many things that can only be learned through experience; a challenge with which we will soon all be faced. I would like to read a letter written by a woman by the name of Avril Johannes which was published in the book "Chicken Soup For the Soul." She writes this letter to the world upon her son's and his classmates' graduation and it relates some of these same ideas.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Someone very special in my life once told me, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goals." Upon entering high school four years ago, the majority of us had one goal and only one goal in mind, graduation. Many of us have heard people say that high school is the best time of our lives, so we better enjoy it. With that in mind, we thought that the next four years were going to be a breeze and before we knew it we would be out of here. Well, that is when reality hit us ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Class of 2012, tonight is the last time we will share together for many years. After tonight, we will begin a new chapter in our lives. This chapter will lead us away from each other, but the memories we've shared will continue to stay. The years behind us have been full of challenges and rewards; these experiences will be there to guide us as we branch out into the world. Let's take a moment to think back to the people and times that shaped us the last four years. Every teacher deserves a "thank you" for helping us to reach our goal of graduation.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- The time has finally come. Fellow seniors, we are now on our own. It's time to take down our parking permits and clean out our binders one last time. Tonight is our graduation - a time to celebrate an end to a journey. Tonight is our commencement - the beginning of a new course. We've said goodbye to our teachers, signed yearbooks, paid our fines; now we celebrate 13 years of progress and friendship and we look forward to achieving our goals as we embark on a new odyssey. We've seen our last dance.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to the class of 2012. I greatly appreciate sharing my journey with you. I believe the greater the difficulty, the greater the glory and the glory is what we celebrate tonight. When I was first asked to speak in front of the graduation committee, I said to myself, "I can't do this", "what do I have to say anyway", "I don't have time", "I'm in the middle of midterms" and "it's just something else I have to prepare for." After pondering over all these "excuses," I'm here and I have an answer to my own questions.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1976 words (5.6 pages)
- Psalm 25:9: "The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way." Good evening ladies and gentlemen, faculty and staff, family, honored guests, and fellow students. Thank you for coming to our graduation services this evening. My name is Rebekah Hoad and I am the Valedictorian for the graduating class of 2006. I am honored and blessed to be the messenger of years gone by and the inspiration of years to come. This is not only a time to receive a diploma but it is an opportunity to celebrate our lives.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- Welcome staff, students, family, and graduates. Today marks a special day in our lives. Today is the day of our graduation. It seems with every graduating class there is a certain amount of responsibility placed on the graduates. For this year’s class it is no different, in fact more has been placed on this class than any others in history. The Class of 2006 is going to shape our world for the 21st century; the Class of 2006 is going to improve our lives and our country. We can talk all we want about the things we want to accomplish or change, but if we do not reach out for opportunities, then all of these ideas are fantasies.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Welcome, class of 2012. Today I'm earning my Associate of Science degree [and let me tell you it feels great]. This fall I'll be studying physics at State University. I'm so proud to be graduating with you here at Northern Community College. Tonight, we're here to celebrate our accomplishments [and you know we deserve it!] May we not forget how far we have come, and let us look to the future and continue to push ourselves to reach for our dreams and goals. Some time ago we took that all so important first step.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1112 words (3.2 pages)