Having served VU in early college, I have a keen knowledge of Skyward, Banner, and other administrative processes specific to Vincennes University. As an education administrator, I understand the importance of advancing the institution’s agenda while managing the administrative processes that promote academic achievement, student learning, and college degree attainment. At PMEC, I established schoolwide partnerships to integrate sanctioned tutoring delivered by high school teachers. I developed print and internet marketing materials to enhance students, parents, and staff understanding of early college as delivered by C9 and PMEC. Working collaboratively with the principal at Perry, I conducted professional development for PMEC adjunct faculty and the guidance counseling staff. In supporting a positive school culture, I established a director’s list to acknowledge the academic success of students in early college at C9 and PMEC. Additionally, I am working with teachers and administrators at PMEC to host an early college awards and induction ceremony in May to symb...
... middle of paper ...
... Gates Millennium Scholarship, Eli Lilly Scholarship, Coca-Cola Scholarship, and Ron Brown Scholar Program. I have also administered scholarship dollars, monitored the academic progress of scholarship recipients, and coordinated major gifts campaigns for community scholarships. This keen knowledge of competitively positioning students to compete successfully for scholarships have been instrumental in the college retention of traditionally underrepresented populations, as well as students who are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant program.
In summary, I believe I possess the energy, creativity, optimism, experience, and education necessary to be successful as Assistant Dean of Instruction at Ben Davis University. I have attached my curriculum vitae for your review. Thank you in advance for reviewing my credentials and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Thank you President Rou, Thank you County School of Education but more specifically, a special Thank You to the Human Services Department and that includes faculty, administration, and fellow students. Thank You. Parents, Family Members, Relatives, Friends, Educators, Alumni, Turner Kids, and Graduates, We made it. Everybody give these graduates a-round of applause. Graduates give yourselves a-round of applause. Yes, we made it. We made it through all those late nights studying, studying in the early mornings, and we made it through cramming studies all night long.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Next, primary education begins for a child when they turn five years old. School is year round and as soon as the child turns five they begin into the school system. New Zealand is unique in this aspect of no starting dates. When a child turns five they are able to go to school whenever the term or the family finds suitable to begin. All students must be enrolled for school by six years of age, so the first year allows so wiggle room fro families and their child. There are four terms to the school year that a child may enroll of begin classes: 1. Term one: Late January to early April-Two week break 2. Tern two: Mid April to early July-Two week break 3. Term three: Mid July to late Septemb... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Higher education]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Hello, everyone. How are you all doing. Let me start by thanking Cindy and her soon to be graduating seniors of the CTE Culinary Arts program for providing a wonderful lunch for the new school board and its ancillary staff. It’s inspiring and amazing to witness how well her program continues to produce magnificent students and provide them with the skills and resources they need to become outstanding chefs in our local community. I also want to thank the educators, patrons, along with our public and private sector leaders that are here today.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Higher education]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Through out my life I have had different jobs in the educaiton field that has helped me decide on what I want to achieve. With the various roles I have had, I will be soon adding that of a coach, a teacher and administer to the many roles in life. With each of these roles comes plans that fall under a couple of key elements to prepare me for the future. Academic preparation, practical application, continuing education and leadership development are the four main core elements with each have their own subplots to help me continue in the education field in hopes of not only leaving a mark on the school, but of that those who I come into contact with during my years as an educator.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Teaching]
2481 words (7.1 pages)
- Fellow graduates, honored guests, faculty, administration: Minna-san, Konbanwa Dobri Vecher Buenos Noches Bon Soir Good evening. We, of Cedar Community College, are many nations. We are men and women, husbands and wives, parents. We are young and not-so-young. Behind the face of every graduate, and just as distinct, is a different story, a different reason, and a different use for the education for which we have assembled this evening to recognize. We serve to enrich the campus community, as we are not just a cross-section of this nation, but of the world.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Describe the powers and authority of the state board of education and local school boards and what responsibilities they have for the administration and operation of schools. The state board of education governs the way that education is directed within the state. They create policies covering a variety of legal issues such as health and safety, minimum requirements for teacher licensure, graduation requirements, rights of students with disabilities, and student disciplinary practices. The state school boards has six legal powers including, certification standards for teachers and administrators, high school graduation requirements, state testing programs, accreditation standards for school... [tags: regulations, administration, legislation]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- As a future teacher I want to be as fair as possible for my future students, despite their ethnicity, gender, or economic statues. I grew up in an area where the majority of the people where Hispanic, most of the students in school where Hispanic, the second largest ethnicity where African Americans, but Hispanic still dominate. Growing up in this rural area, you can see how discriminating it can be for things, when it came to academic opportunities for students. My high school was one of the largest high schools for the HISD, but it was known for it bad reputation.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, College]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- From elementary to college, it took commitment and self-motivation not to take my past route. Difficult events in my adolescence made me respond to my frustrations through illegal activities, which I would eventually learn not to do. Clearly, I lacked education as a young man, when I committed awful deeds through peer pressure. Nevertheless, the National Guard and higher education have improved my life. Many losses have happened in my life that were out of my control, which contributed to not knowing myself.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Education]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Do you remember how long your class periods were when you were in high school. It was more than likely a class period over an hour long. In the past, the classes with more time helped the students and teachers by having the time to make the content well informed. Today at Wayne County High School we only have 55-minute class periods. This probably doesn’t seem like much of a problem to a lot of students, but in my opinion it is a problem. Wayne County High School has seven class periods a day unless the student has a job and can co-op.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, School]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Freshmens in college are faced with the challenge of adjusting to a new environment all by themselves. Imagine having to take six classes, maybe you decided to join a team or club, all on your own and have to make sure to remember and take care of all your personal stuff, not too fun right. “Most of freshmen students in college are not prepared, even if they attended the most fancy high schools” said Lisa Jackson, the Founder of College for Social Innovation. Recent studies confirm this, estimating that only about 30 percent of black and latino BPS students graduate college.... [tags: High school, College, Education]
1015 words (2.9 pages)