The objective that I have improved most in is, “Demonstrate correctness in the written conventions of the University discourse community, including grammar, punctuation, mechanics, usage, an...
... middle of paper ...
...I have come very far since the beginning of this English course, but my writing abilities can still be ameliorated. My instructor and peers have provided me with excellent feedback and insight into my writing. I will continue to improve because this type of writing will always be a part of my academic career. There are several other courses I will need to complete before my I get out of college, and academic writing will be a part of almost all of them. Even though I definitely am not planning on majoring in English or writing, my academic writing will be used in any course that I take. I do indeed hope to further my writing skills so my much-needed communication skills in the workplace will flourish. The improvement in my academic writing style is evident in my grammar and writing structure, but I still need to focus on following assignment instructions completely.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Picture this, you have been sitting in front of your computer screen for multiple hours and still have yet to write a complete sentence. This is the struggle I encountered every time I attempted to write an Essay in WRC 1013. Before entering this course, I was unaware of the challenges that awaited me. I was somewhat familiar with the use of research and source integration, but I soon learned my knowledge of these two was not up to par for college-level writing. Throughout high school, I would just put off my essays until the day that they were due and then try to come up with something last minute.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Grammar, Linguistics]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- What is graduation. Some people would say that it's proof of the freedom we will soon experience. Some say that it's the end of the best years of our lives. Some would say that it's when we're forced to grow up and become adults. Some would say that it's just another day, no different than any other day, other than the scrolls, the funny outfits and the clapping. Some go into it silent, awaiting their chance to be recognized for their victory dance. Some use stupid comparisons to describe it by saying that it's like the opening of a new door or that it's like taking another step on the never-ending ladder of life.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1065 words (3 pages)
- For better or worse, for richer or poorer. I was married to my dream because I thought about it day and night. I envisioned what it would feel like to walk across the stage and receive my college degree. This dream empowered me and kept me focused on what I needed to do and make it occur. I made an agreement with myself to finish college to finish what I started because I felt like something was incomplete in my life regarding college and college graduation. My eldest brother Willie introduced me to Christ at the age of eleven.... [tags: Management, High school, Graduation]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- "There is not elevator to success, you have to take the elevator," and anonymous source once stated. This quote is very applicable in many real world life examples. One of the best ways to portray this is the entrance and acceptance into a higher level learning institute such as a college or university. There are many steps that have to be taken such as applying, writing essays, filling out scholarships, and being accepted. After that, you have to get all of your paperwork situated and the hefty payments made.... [tags: High school, College, Extracurricular activity]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- It is said that most people perceive post-secondary education to not be important as it actually is. College graduates have the advantage of being able to have a better chance of having a quality life (study.com, 2016). A girl named Savita Doke from Mumbai, India got her Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science by working vigorously. Despite the fact that Doke was an extremely poor college student, she continued to work every night at her job in order to pay for her tuition fees. After she graduated from college she was able to get a well-paying job so that she could financially her family.... [tags: College, High school, University]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Tuition costs are continually rising and more and more high school graduate are considering other options to earn their degrees. The most effective route for earning a degree is attending community college before completing a four year degree at a university. I recently had to make this decision myself. In the state of Ohio, community college classes are all transferable to universities (within the same state). Therefore, classes offered at community colleges for a fraction of the cost are guaranteed to be considered equivalent to university courses when considered for a student 's degree.... [tags: University, College, Higher education]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I thought high school was the coolest place on earth. The kids who went to high school took real classes, like English instead of block. They studied history, not social studies. And their science classes had recognizable names like biology or chemistry, not Fast I and Fast II. They could drive; they could see R-rated movies. They got seven minute passing periods and pop machines. The last four years have not been one cool experience after another, like I imagined in middle school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Welcome, class of 2012. Today I'm earning my Associate of Science degree [and let me tell you it feels great]. This fall I'll be studying physics at State University. I'm so proud to be graduating with you here at Northern Community College. Tonight, we're here to celebrate our accomplishments [and you know we deserve it!] May we not forget how far we have come, and let us look to the future and continue to push ourselves to reach for our dreams and goals. Some time ago we took that all so important first step.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Well, this is it. These are the only seniors who were able to survive the culminating exhibition. If I had known that there would be this many open seats, I would have invited my third cousins from Norway. You know, it's funny. As I look around at the familiar faces in the student section, I am reminded about something. Our class, particularly the girls, have been very fashion-conscious over the last four years. Some even seem to be in competition with one another. Well girls, here we are on the most important day of your high school careers, and you're all wearing the same thing.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- What do you want to be when you grow up. The dreams of our youth often become the challenges of today and the challenges of today often become the blueprints of our future. Most of my childhood dreams centered around sports and they have been a big part of my life. When Teresa Wilson brought fastpitch softball to the University of Washington, my friends and I were the first to sign up for her initial summer skills camp. We all stood together, down below on the Chiefs softball field, shyly giggling and acting crazy.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1089 words (3.1 pages)