It is said that most people perceive post-secondary education to not be important as it actually is. College graduates have the advantage of being able to have a better chance of having a quality life (study.com). A girl named Savita Doke from Mumbai, India got her Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science by working hard. Despite the fact that Doke was extremely poor she still worked every night at her job in order to pay for her schooling. After she graduated from college she was able to get a well-paying job to support her family financially. Savita said her most important life goal was reached (DNAIndia, 2015). Although, Adam Ozimek believes people can get good paying jobs without having to go to college. Ozimek stated that "college graduates can go beyond thirty thousand dollars in debt to get a degree that won 't be beneficial for their lives" (Ozimek, 2016). People should go to college because it leads to more job opportunities, helps build friendships, and increases people 's knowledge.
People who do decide to get a post-secondary education have a higher chance of getting internships, placements, and offers of high paying jobs. Jayson Boyers stated that "having a college education can make big differences in some people 's lives" (The Huffington Post Newspaper, 2012). People who do college education often get high level and high paying jobs. The main reason for why students feel hesitant to attend college after they graduate from high school is because they worry about the price of schooling and they prefer to have a job instead to make fast money. Although, people who graduated from high school often are only able to receive jobs at fast food restaurants, clothing stores, etc. When people are able to ...
... middle of paper ...
... true. Every person has a right to their own beliefs but people should really consider enrolling in college. College graduates can go many places after they graduate, or even discover something new, such as; a broader and better job or a way to invest their times into enrolling into college for another course. College can change the way people 's lives are for the better, such as their financial issues. The world is changing fast and we humans need to catch up to it. Therefore, the world is getting harder to live in (not just limited to financial issues), and a well-paid career based job is highly needed and suggested. In in the United States of America a survey was done and the results said that 86% of the people who did graduate from college said it was very beneficial for them. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Graduation is not as glamorous as everyone thinks. Sitting in the bleachers for four hours in the scalding heat with your nicest clothes on is not fun (at least for me). I would’ve had no problem skipping my graduation, except for one part. There is one segment of graduation that makes the whole thing bearable, the speech. The graduation speech plays a pivotal role in making or breaking graduation ceremony. These speeches not only serve to inspire the public, but also shapes the values of the academic community.... [tags: Commencement speech, Graduation, Want]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Well, I am supposed to give a speech, so sit back and enjoy the ride, hopefully it will not be too bumpy. I am sure all of us are really excited by now. You're probably thinking, "Yeah, we are finally out of here. We've survived all four years. It's time to party and move on in life." Yet, we are losing a great deal. We'll lose a lot of great teachers, we are giving up this small caring community, and in return we are moving to larger schools -- where we will be known by number rather than name.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Hello students, faculty, members of the school board, Superintendent, and parents. When I was first told that I was going to be the speaker for graduation, I was overcome. I was overcome with pride and excitement, as I'm sure we all are today as we close this chapter on our lives, but most of all, I was overcome with a feeling. A feeling that I have fooled you all into electing a Canadian to speak on this very important occasion. (Canadian Accent) I bet about now, you are all finally realizing just what it is you've done, eh.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Congratulations everyone, congratulations. If you're participating in this graduation ceremony, you've taken the next step toward your future goals and dreams. For those of you that just finished your transfer degrees, congratulations. To those of you that came back to school after a few years off to get a better education, congratulations. To those of you that came to get a certificate or learn IT or computer programming so you can get a better job, congratulations. Now that you're moving on toward whatever your next step is in life - a university, the job market, whatever - you are more prepared and ready for that next step now.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Good afternoon. Today I have been asked to speak about graduation past, present and future. My first graduation occurred when I finished kindergarten. This is often where we learn the most basic of principles. This is what I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Don't take things that are not yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Don't forget to flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Betty Lou is right -- Our achievements of the past four years have been an honor. And so I offer my congratulations to each of you for achieving the honor that comes with high school graduation. Up to this point, high school may be the most exciting and difficult experience of our lives. We've enjoyed the carefree and happy times with WWF-style pep assemblies, dances, Junior T-P nights, and classes with friends. We've had our bad days too, though. The days when we forgot our semester project for C.I.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Isn't it strange how princes and kings And clowns who caper in sawdust rings And common folk, like you and me Are builders for eternity. For each is given a bag of tools, A shapeless mass, and a set of rules. And each of us, a life is flown, Must either build a stumbling block or stepping stone. Builders for eternity ... what an awe-inspiring thought: That you and I not would be, nor could be, but are builders for eternity. On this day, the seventh of June 2006, at our high school graduation night, the night we say goodbye to the structured life high school offers, the night we say goodbye to friends and teachers that have impacted our lives in so many ways.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Edgar Allan Poe once said, "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." The 13 years that I have spent attending school have quickly passed through my life as if a dream, much as I imagine it did Edgar Allan Poe. I can still remember my first day of school in Vietnam when I was five years old. Timid and scared, I held my mother's hand tightly, frightened that if I let go, I would lose her forever. My mother looked at me and said gently in Vietnamese: "Su hoc nhu thuyen tren dong nuoc nguoc.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Welcome, class of 2012. Today I'm earning my Associate of Science degree [and let me tell you it feels great]. This fall I'll be studying physics at State University. I'm so proud to be graduating with you here at Northern Community College. Tonight, we're here to celebrate our accomplishments [and you know we deserve it!] May we not forget how far we have come, and let us look to the future and continue to push ourselves to reach for our dreams and goals. Some time ago we took that all so important first step.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- I'd like to begin tonight by thanking all of the people who have given the support and love that has carried me through high school. I'd like to give special thanks first of all to one of my teachers, Mr. Curt Johnson. Mr. Johnson teaches with so much passion and has shown all of his students so much love that it has inspired me throughout my high school years to achieve more than I thought possible. Thanks a lot Mr. Johnson. I'd also like to thank my father for his guidance and my athletic ability and my mother, who is the hardest working woman that I have ever met.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
784 words (2.2 pages)