While growing up in a competitive community, I disciplined the attitude to not accept mediocre grades or academically give less than my best effort. In college, my achievement as a 4.0 GPA high honors student was the result of sleepless nights of studying, waiting outside professors ' office doors to ask questions, and sacrificing weekends to do countless practice problems. Moreover, I explored courses outside my comfort level in English, Computer Science, Philosophy, and History that were patiently accomplished amongst competitive upperclassmen with whom I saw the opportunity to academically stand out and be a model student. My academic perfection felt like no sacrifice because to me knowledge is an enduring reward.
With my academics, I also progressed in leadership by patiently building trust and goodwill with the majority African American members on the Arise Women Empowerment club who voted me as th...
... middle of paper ...
...range of patients as they exercised. Earning over 200 hours of volunteering at the hospital allowed me to be an active part of the journey of healing patients that suffered from mental or physical inhibitions.
Overall, serving to honor the selfless example my parents ' set is my ultimate reward and I did this by persistently succeeding at my goals to become a well-rounded student leader and a moral human being. For this reason, I set goals to be a leader, a teammate, an activist, a researcher, and a volunteer because these humanistic qualities dignify the principles I grew up with. In reality, my parents may not wear a uniform and earned no obvious medal for raising me in an unfamiliar and competitive nation, but this is why I devote my effort to earning my intellect, leadership, and interpersonal skills to make a difference and decorate success in my parents ' name.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If one were to ask my friends to describe me they would describe me as a very calm, quiet, introvert, and intelligent young man. I think one of my most distinguishing characteristics my ability to make resound decision, even in tough situation. I’m a young professional with analytical aptitude and an interest in Information Management System. I’m always excited and eager to learn from others. I believe you learn more from listening than talking. I’m hoping to use these fine qualities on my future leadership endeavors.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Servant leadership]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Someone very special in my life once told me, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goals." Upon entering high school four years ago, the majority of us had one goal and only one goal in mind, graduation. Many of us have heard people say that high school is the best time of our lives, so we better enjoy it. With that in mind, we thought that the next four years were going to be a breeze and before we knew it we would be out of here. Well, that is when reality hit us ...... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- My goals in life are ultimately to achieve success in life. My goals are to also have happiness, prosperity in every area in my life, and the freedom and peace within to be able to carry out my goals. My goals are also heavily influenced on the hardships my parents have had to endure such as facing ridicule for the simple fact of being immigrants, the extremely difficult time they endured due to unemployment and living in poverty, and the low degree of education they received from their countries.... [tags: Goal, Learning, Hospital, Clinic]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- 1. One primary long term goals that I have set for myself since freshman year was getting the best grades in high school and college to my own abilities. The way I reach this goal is that I use my time wisely in study halls or at home to get homework done. I work extremely hard in study halls to get as much homework done as I can because the less I take home the better because there are other things at home that I could be doing. Another one of my long term goals is going to college for something i 'll enjoy doing for the rest of the life.... [tags: Goal, Time, Term, Homework]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Happiness There has never been a time in my life where I have not wanted to attend college. Prior to my senior year, I thought they day would never come when I would become a college student, enrolled at a University. Before my graduating year, 2015, it took so long to get to this point in my life. Every year was one step closer in reaching my ultimate goal, which was graduating high school and attending college. That is what my education has been about, getting to the higher levels. Everything that I have done in my schooling has been related to working towards my further education.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Higher education]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- If someone had asked me 13 years ago, when I first started my career in Education, what my long-term plan was, I would have surely responded that I planned to retire as a classroom teacher. I returned to college to pursue teaching as an adult, and was sure, at the time, that I would always be satisfied in that role. The truth is I do love my job. I love seeing that light bulb go on. As many teachers do, I spend many evenings and weekends researching and planning and going way above and beyond my expected duties in an effort to make a difference for every child.... [tags: Education, Teacher, History of education]
716 words (2 pages)
- The fact of the matter is that until recently I didn’t know what I what I wanted to be when I grew up. I didn’t want to make a rash decision in my late teens that would pigeon hole me into a career I would work at for the next 45 years of my life. The problem is that I’ve always been one to have a wide and diverse array of interests. Throughout my years of high school and at my previous college I’ve gone through several iterations of choosing a major field – first physics, then chemistry, then biology, then art history, then geology.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Joseph Schumpeter, Entrepreneur]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- I would like to share with you at this time my interest in the Eligibility Operations Leadership Academy. I would love the opportunity to participate in the academy. I feel that this opportunity will provide me the tools required to lead our organization and its employees in the future. My leadership skills will be enhanced through this opportunity. I will gain a better understanding of how to lead teams within the agency in the future. I hope to gain a better understand of the leadership skills required in project management.... [tags: Employment, Management, Self-employment, Better]
700 words (2 pages)
- School Leadership is of the utmost importance, therefore we plan to utilize connections within our local and national networks to find the ideal candidates to lead our school and recruit the talent we need to serve our students. We plan to draw from a variety of existing partners such as the University of the Pacific, Delta College, Teach For America, Stanford D School, and CSU Stanislaus with an emphasis on recruiting educators from the community who embody the asset-based ethos of the school. A hiring panel, that we create, will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and ranking of candidates.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Pedagogy, School]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- Coming to Spelman, I knew I would be in the right place because in the past I heard many accounts of young ladies coming out intellectual women changing the world one step at a time. For me I always wondered how would this school help me become the best I could be. In the speech Dr. Myra Burnett gave to us she raised question “(Do we want) … just a piece of paper representing your degree or an outstanding liberal arts education that has transformed the way you think, act, and view the world?” When thinking of the answer to this question of course it is not hard to exclaim that I want an outstanding liberal education but the fact is being I strong enough to do so.... [tags: Goal, Time, Management, Term]
791 words (2.3 pages)