I believe that graduation day is a meaningful day for everyone, we all have different thoughts, diverse emotions, and we are all excited to think we have accomplished a short-term goal in our way to attain our long-term goals. I graduate from Palm Beach Lakes Community High School. It was one of the most awaited days of my life.
I was seated on my couch contemplating the contrast that makes a full-length portrait of a black woman with her afro hair, black eyes, and her white smile that showed her beauty; with the pale pink color of the living room wall. Thinking how fast I have grown. Comprehending that in a blink of an eye life passes without us even realizing, how much we have learnt from those school years. Suddenly, I heard a buzz from the front door which it makes me jump with fright and forget what I was thinking. I see my Grandmother dress in a shirt of white, grey and light purple flowers with a black trousers, with her hair totally white and a smile on her face handing me a letter she says “congratulations Mija, I am proud of you”, when she gives me the lett...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good evening everyone. My name is Toyota Moko, and I am an international student from Japan. As the first-ever international student speaker on commencement, I am very honored to be here tonight to be given this opportunity to speak on behalf of the graduating class of the 2003. Born and grew up in Tokyo where speaking English was absolutely absent in my eighteen years of life, one day the life-changing experience came to me. When I was fifteen-years-old, the summer of 1998, I came to America for the very first time for the home stay program through my high school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Isn't it strange how princes and kings And clowns who caper in sawdust rings And common folk, like you and me Are builders for eternity. For each is given a bag of tools, A shapeless mass, and a set of rules. And each of us, a life is flown, Must either build a stumbling block or stepping stone. Builders for eternity ... what an awe-inspiring thought: That you and I not would be, nor could be, but are builders for eternity. On this day, the seventh of June 2006, at our high school graduation night, the night we say goodbye to the structured life high school offers, the night we say goodbye to friends and teachers that have impacted our lives in so many ways.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Look at us, the class of 2012, with our diversity and respect for one another, I can see that our society has changed enormously in the last forty years a mere decade before County High School opened. I would even say that most of the world has changed from judging people by their race or nationality to judging them by their character. Although the world has matured a great deal we cannot remain in this single state of maturity, we must continue to grow. Now is the time to make a change in the world again.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Depending on who you talk to, you get different opinions on what subject that you’ve studied in high school will help you most out in the real world. Ms. Bow tried to tell you it’s being able to diagram sentences and understand Shakespeare. Mr. Roberts, on the other hand, has a picture of a toppling bridge that says "Engineer missed just one Trig assignment." If you’ve spent a lot of time staring at Mr. Groon's podium during lectures, you’ve read that "He who knows only his own generation remains always a child." But what does this all mean, how do we truly apply everything we’ve learned in the past four years to the rest of our life, and what really is the most important thing to take away... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- It is a commonly known fact that students who can relate to their teachers, subjects, or even the content that is being taught in the classroom, those students will succeed better than the students who do not care, or are not interested. When teachers are able to get those students to care, be interested, and put in the extra effort, chances are they are practicing Personally Meaningful Education. Personally Meaningful Education is when a teacher is able to go above and beyond to actively engage their students and perform better in the classroom.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, School]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Next, primary education begins for a child when they turn five years old. School is year round and as soon as the child turns five they begin into the school system. New Zealand is unique in this aspect of no starting dates. When a child turns five they are able to go to school whenever the term or the family finds suitable to begin. All students must be enrolled for school by six years of age, so the first year allows so wiggle room fro families and their child. There are four terms to the school year that a child may enroll of begin classes: 1. Term one: Late January to early April-Two week break 2. Tern two: Mid April to early July-Two week break 3. Term three: Mid July to late Septemb... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Higher education]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- College means so much more than just gaining freedom and going out on my own way or being able to meet new people. It means having a fresh start and understanding the complexities of gaining a higher education as well as learning to become less dependent on my parents and learning how my choices now as a freshman will affect me throughout the rest of my life. To me college means being able to pursue a higher education and to be able to expand my knowledge as a person and to be able to gain a job and be economically stable.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Education, Learning]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Though there is a lot of people who attend school have better opportunities there are some people who have degrees aren 't able to find jobs and struggle to pay the debt they have accumulated during their time in college. Even though college is expensive and requires students to spend a lot of time focusing on school. Higher education means better jobs, better money, and different opportunities. When a person pursues a degree they gain more than just better jobs, money, and opportunities. They also gain an education that a lot of people don 't get the chance of having, and people who have higher education are more often than not out of poverty.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Finally, tonight you will take your last step in becoming a life long member to Kappa Delta Sorority. First off I want to say that I am so incredibly proud of each and every one you and all the hard work yall have put into your new member program. From bid day until now and all the experiences between, yall have made lasting memories and friends that you will carry with you throughout the rest of your lives. You might not realize it at that moment but looking back three or four years from now you will see that you were not just having fun and wasting time you were creating a life with new friends that will turn into family.... [tags: Friendship, Debut albums]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- My fellow classmen, as we look back on our years here at school we should remember the meaningful words of a fellow class member of mine when she said, "Dude, where's my iPod?" It's hard for me to think of a better way to describe the many layers of adolescence, because deep down aren?t we all "dudes?" Do we not all have our inner "iPods", and are we not constantly searching for them. Now, we're leaving our childhood behind to study the vast sphere we call planet Earth, into the notorious world of high school, where things will be so much different.... [tags: essays research papers]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- We Are Losing The Truth War
- Short Story : ' An Old Man '
- The Effect Of Macro- And Micro- Nutritional Composition Of Food On Metabolic And Reproductive Rate Of Artemia Franciscana
- Racism And The Elementary School
- Effective Management Strategies And Responsible Human Resource
- Justice, Ethics, And Ethics