In review of your letter and its contents the following three major points will be addressed in the following letter:
1. Your request that the Department of Human Service, Child Welfare immediately return your great grandchildren to your custody and expedited certification so that you may be a placement for the children
2. Your statement that the children never should ha...
... middle of paper ...
...upport to encourage a relationship between children in DHS custody and family, if there is not already; this is in the best interest of the children and can be justified as such.
Mr. Covey, this information is in no way intended to assess your character, nor challenge the choices you have made. However, you contacted the GAO and expressed a deep dissatisfaction with DHS Child Welfare’s involvement in your life and wanted our office to intervene on your behalf. Unfortunately, after our review of Child Welfare policies and we found no violation on the actions taken by the CW staff and are, therefore, are unable to assist you in the outcome you are seeking. Additionally, prior to your contact with this office you had exercised the highest form of due process available in this matter, with your review hearing provided by the OAH. We wish you well and hope for the best.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Florida Law: Drug Testing for Welfare Applicants Introduction The state of Florida recently passed a law, effective July 1, 2011, requiring the Florida Department of Children and Family Services to administer drug tests to all new applicants to the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. According to the law, applicants are responsible for the cost of the drug screening. This cost will be reimbursed if the applicant passes the drug test. According to the law, applicants who fail the drug test can designate another individual to receive the benefits on behalf of the applicant’s children.... [tags: children and family services]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- Credit Repair Services in Oregon Credit Repair Services in Oregon Legitimate credit repair services were designed to offer assistance in preparing a budget, disputing inaccurate information and educating consumers about best practices for managing their credit. However, many services run scams that could cause you to become worse off than if you had never tried to repair your credit. Common scams include asking for large upfront payments, flooding your creditors with disputes to generate a temporary benefit to your credit score and doing services for fees that you could easily handle yourself in a few minutes on the Internet.... [tags: Debt, Credit, Credit rating, Credit score]
716 words (2 pages)
- The Governor is just like a minipresident in each state. In other words they are state managers. The Governor commands the lion’s share of political attention in a state. It’s generally seen as setting the agenda for the legislative branch, and is basically the lead political actor; the figure most likely to appear on television on a regular basis. A governor term of office is four years with exceptions of New Hampshire and Vermont. The governor may serve any number of terms, but he or she cannot serve more than two terms in a row.... [tags: Political Science]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction Most of you might have heard of the renowned software that’s been alive for decades and is at its peaks as it’s been producing and developing the software year after year. Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers, and services developed by Microsoft. It was first announced by Bill Gates on 1 August 1988, at COMDEX in Las Vegas (Anon., n.d.). Originally a marketing term for a bundled set of applications, the first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Word processor]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- ... 3. Man and Van If you want to get on the move quickly, without wanting to take the job on yourself, it may be worth looking towards a reliable man with a van service. When this is the case, our Gidea Park man with van packages come highly recommended. Our team of experienced staff will get you from old home to new in no time at all, as we continue to provide the best RM2 man and a van service in the area. Next time you are looking for a van and man service that you can count on, don’t hesitate to swing by our office or give us a call.... [tags: house removal, office removal]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- In the state of Oregon, the only academic health center, located in Portland, is presumed by most that this hospital is capable of handling all complex medical issues. The Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is often a point of referral by all large health centers throughout the rest of the state, and even by neighboring states, dependent upon the medical condition. While OHSU is training the next generation of clinicians and researchers, and are considered to be one of the top twenty-five biomedical research institutions in the country, the innovativeness may not be up to par (OHSU, 2016a).... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategy, Mission statement]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- The story of the governor of Tosa in Japan traveling home after 5 years of service as the governor, shows the culture and customs in how the poems are read and how the customs of the people in the stories are told. The writing is narrated in a woman’s voice. This was intended by the woman to see if a women could produce the same quality of account or recorded journal that a man could. In this time women of the aristocratic society were well educated and could read write and perform many of the tasks that men could in high societal roles.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Idea, The Little Girl]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- The Oregon Trail The Oregon Trail was a very important aspect in the history of our country’s development. When Marcus and Narcissa Whitman made the first trip along the Oregon Trail, many Americans saw a window of opportunity. The Oregon Trail was the only practical way to pass through the Rockies. Pioneers crammed themselves into small wagons to try to make it to the unsettled land; however, 10% of these pioneers died on the way due to disease and accidents. The journey along the Oregon Trail was a very long and rough experience.... [tags: History Historical Oregon Trail Essays]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- The Office of Tomorrow In an increasing number of companies, traditional office space is giving way to community areas and empty chairs as employees work from home, from their cars or from virtually anywhere. Advanced technologies and progressive HR strategies make these alternative offices possible. Imagine it's 2 o'clock on a Wednesday afternoon. Inside the dining room of many nationwide offices, Joe Smith, manager of HR, is downing a sandwich and soda while wading through phone and E-mail messages.... [tags: Technology Predicting Business Office Essays]
3741 words (10.7 pages)
- Office 123 Executive Summary Office-1-2-3 Premium is an affordable office suite for small businesses and home office users that are looking for all that an office suite has to offer, for a fraction of the price. Office-1-2-3 Premium's direct competitor is Microsoft Office. It has all that Microsoft has, plus more. It is a stand alone office suite. You do not need any other programs in order to run it successfully. But it can also run alongside many other programs without any problems. It is easy to install and very user friendly.... [tags: Business Analysis Office Software]
1279 words (3.7 pages)