“Google: brand name of a leading Internet search engine, founded in 1998.”(Google.). The company Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Google first started out as a general search engine that people could use on a daily basis to look up and find whatever information quickly and efficiently. Fifteen years later, Google has expanded into much more than just a search engine. The company Google has now expanded its reach into various aspects of people’s daily life. Many people use Google inspired technology every day without using their search engine. Google is one of the rapidly expanding companies of the 21st century, and they don’t show any clear sign of slowing down. It seems like at turn to Google is there inspiring our lives. Google has expanded greatly in the last fifteen year and will continue on until they take over most of the technological industry.
Google has already shown signs of taking over the technological industry with the creation of Google Fiber. Google Fiber is an internet service that Google has set up in Kansas City to be more reliable, better service, and cheaper internet service. Google Fiber Basic Broadband is free, after the three-hundred dollar construction fee, and people can pay the money either up front or have a twenty-five dollar a month charge for twelve months. Once Google Fiber has been set up across the country they will make internet affordable for every home in America. When there is internet in every home in America Google will have a wider range of consumers using their technology. With consumer usage going up, profit goes up as well, and when profit goes up Google will once again create another product that will further help consume...
... middle of paper ...
...uble dominating again. At the rate Google is expanding it’s a matter of when will they take over the technological industry instead of how.
"AAPL." CNNMoney. Cable News Network, 14 June 2013. Web. 17 May 2014.
Alba, Arive. "Apple's GPS." Personal interview. 10 May 2013
"GOOG." CNNMoney. Cable News Network, 14 June 2013. Web. 17 May 2014
"Google." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 17 May 2014.
"MSFT." CNNMoney. Cable News Network, 14 June 2013. Web. 17 May 2014
Reisinger, Don. "Google Maps Are More Popular Than Ever: 10 Reasons Why." Google Maps Are More Popular Than Ever: 10 Reasons Why. N.p., 18 Dec. 2012. Web. 17 May 2014.
"Service Plans and Pricing." - Fiber Help. N.p., 21 May 2013. Web. 17 May 2014.
"Top 15 Most Popular Search Engines | June 2013." Top 15 Most Popular Search
Engines. N.p., 1 June 2013. Web. 17 May 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Explaining Google’s business model is to say the clever idea of two PhD students from Stanford University, Larry Page and Sergey Brin founded in 1998 and originally purpose was to provide a unique internet search engine and rapidly became the leader on search engine and best advertiser seller. Google is a technology company that today offers more than 200 products, and services being internet search engine the most famous and used worldwide. From Picasa, YouTube, Gmail, Google Book, AdWords, Google search among many others Google untypical business model is direct to a main purpose to get the most out of advertising and to bring more consumers to those advertising, which are who generate mor... [tags: Google, Web search engine, Google services]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- We live in a world that is fundamentally run by the internet. We use it every day, multiple times in a variety of ways. We use it to keep up to date with the latest news, to watch movies and shows, to listen to music, do research for our latest assignment and even to simply search the latest topic our mind is wandering off to. Google is there to help with all of that. Google is a search engine that was created in September of 1998 by two Ph.D. students at the University of Stanford (Google, 2014).... [tags: Google, Google search, Web search engine]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Abstract Search engine optimization is basically the technical regulations that allow search engines to browse web pages more efficiently and accurately. It is usually abbreviated as SEO. With the widespread use of internet, SEO is gaining more importance day by day. Being aware of this fact, webmasters are determining their strategy in consideration of SEO. Therefore it is important to have a grasp of SEO in order to better understand and use the internet search engines. This paper aims to demonstrate the basics of this popular phenomenon SEO and by this way the reader will have a better comprehension of internet search engines.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
705 words (2 pages)
- Design Goals and Challenges In 1998, when Google created its search engine, very little data was available about search engines. One of the first search engines was the Wold Wide Web Worm, which was not released unitl 1994. In order to research and create a more dynamic search engine Google’s creators had very little information to go on, and encountered many challenges. It is a challenge to create a high quality search engine as search engines need to crawl and then index millions of pages of information on the web.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Many elements must be considered when researching information for a paper, whether it is through an Internet search engine or a database. The Internet is full of information that is trustworthy, but one must know how to find it. Search engines and databases can be extremely helpful if they are navigated correctly and valid references can be found to support the information. In order to properly research a topic, the different sources available to research information and validate the accuracy, relevance and accountability of the information found must be considered.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web search engine, Internet]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Google is known as being the world’s best company for pioneering the search engine revolution and providing internet users around the world the ability to search and find information with the click of a mouse. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Brin and Page met in 1995 during a tour for students who were accepted into a PhD program at Stanford University (Rothaermel, 2015). The two found each other to be very obnoxious but spent a lot of time talking to each other and became inseparable friends.... [tags: Google, Google search, Bing, Web search engine]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- There are various ways to promote your website online, some of which just need a bit of your time, while others burn a small hole in your pocket. Needless to say, if you can own and build a website, promoting and marketing for it online won 't be much of a pain. So basically, my online marketing strategy revolves around these few points: SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING Search Engine Marketing (SEM) refers to an internet marketing technique that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages.... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- When it comes to advertising on the Internet, search engine optimization receives plenty of attention. This is certainly appropriate, but one disadvantage of this way of getting your website in front of qualified prospects is that it can take time for a particular company 's site to creep up to the top of the search results pages even if one has excellent optimization. This is where pay-per-click marketing enters the picture. Due to Google being the largest search engine in the world, its Adwords PPC program, which started in 2000, is the one most often talked about when the conversation turns to this form of advertising.... [tags: Google, Advertising, Yahoo!, Web search engine]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- 4. Going Social 5. Campaign Influencers 6. Campaign Blog 7. Community Building 8. Designing Rewards 9. Writing up the Campaign 10. Running the Campaign 11. Campaign Follow-up During the next few days we will examine each of these steps in more detail. Is crowdfunding an option for your next raise. Crowdfunding - Platform Research When it comes to campaign research, it is all about researching what projects work best on each platform to determine which is the best to launch your campaign. See the previous post (17 Popular Crowdfunding Platforms) to understand the the objectives of each platform.... [tags: Google, Web search engine, Google search, Bing]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Introduction The use of search engine technology has been an invaluable tool for all users connecting to the internet. These systems are used by,business, education, government,healthcare, and military to name a few. Search engines house millions of web pages, documents , images and other materials collected from millions of websites. The information gather from these sites are held in massive databases where the information is aggregated and index. Search engine’s used special software called spiders to help construct a list of key words.... [tags: invaluable tool on the internet]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- The Case of Procedural and Substantive Law
- Inspirational Women of Music in the 1960s: Elizabeth Douglas and Aretha Franklin
- Hopes in the Red, White, and Blue: The American Dream
- Brain Recovery After Brain Injury or Trauma
- Southwest Airlines: Business Creativity and Innovation
- Screen-based Entertainment Media are Pedagogically Ineffective