Joie de Vivre & Boutique Hotels
Vision/Mission statement- The Good Hotel vision is to be the first hotel with a conscience. Our philanthropic and positive approach is designed to inspire the “good in us all” (Thompson, Peteraf, Gamble, & Strickland III, 2012). The Good Hotel is representing a hip and fun San Francisco hotel chain that practices philanthropy and believes in doing good for the planet.
Business Model- Established in 1987, Joie de Vivre (JdV) is a hotel management company based in San Francisco with thirty-six boutique hotels located throughout California. Boutiques hotel differentiations within the lodging industry; they provides personalized customer services and accommodation that large hotel chains do not offer. Boutique hotels are unique stylish hotels, designed to represent their location. In 2008, JdV combined newly renovated hotels to form one new hotel, known as Good Hotel. Good Hotel is the first in the industry to become known as the “hotel with a c...
... middle of paper ...
...s, and light fixtures. Good Hotel usage of geographic location to tailor hotels to its surrounding, and utilizing, “hotel with a conscience” is a unique differentiation that identifies their hotels. These differentiation factors are what make Good Hotel stand out in their industry.
When constructing and executing a strategy organization not only needs a competitive strategy, but an ethical strategy to address any ethics and legal issues. An ethical strategy can ensure that any strategy implemented is ethical and does not violate any local or state practices. Linking together ethical strategy and competitive strategy will ensure the longevity of your firm.
Gamble, J. E., Peteraf, M. A., Strickland III, A. J., & Thompson A. A. (2012). Crafting & Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Executive Summary Business Overview: The proposed small boutique hotel will have up to 30 rooms for accommodations with a small restaurant, catering for 50 people and serving and breakfast and Dinner. In addition, the hotel will have a public / cocktail bar, swimming pool, tennis court, swimming pool and gymnasium. Ownership Structure: The ownership structure of this small boutique hotel will be sole proprietorship. Business Name of the Hotel: ‘Hotel Dreamland’ Location: The location to establish this new business is New South Wales (NSW), Australia.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Hans Hotel is on the rise, and it is experiencing problems typical for a company that is transitioning from a small to a big organization. Their acquisition of new hotels and the growth of their clientele are clearly happening faster than their systems, and business culture can keep up with. Usually, when a company outgrows its current strategy and systems, it is important that management gets together and revise their strategy to accommodate the company’s growing status. Otherwise, when the growth is not well accommodated, the confusion and lack of structure the company finds itself in could spell a disaster for the company’s further growth, and if not well managed, this could result in dea... [tags: hans hotels, service quality, information system]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- The Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland is situated in the heart of Auckland’s central business area and is easily accessed by an underground tunnel from Aotea Center, The Civic, Auckland Town Hall and Aotea Square. The Rendezvous Grand Hotel provides you with a superior experience through excellent service and attention to detail. In the hotel there are 452 stylish rooms and suite rooms with different features. This hotel has been honoured for its hospitality excellence in consistently achieving outstanding traveller reviews on websites such as tripadvisor.... [tags: analysis, services, tourism, business]
3056 words (8.7 pages)
- The Grand Regency Hotel Introduction The Grand Regency Hotel is found in Bangkok Thailand and has been in operation for the last fifteen years. For the entire period it has been under the management of the Thai general manager and was started by locally based consortium of investors. It is a prestigious hotel in Bangkok and has a total of 700 employees who were being treated in a prestigious way by the management. The management gave the employees the following benefits: provision of very good welfare; the salary rate was above that of the market; high job security and also end of the year bonus which was comparable to salary earned in a four week period (Manson 2009, p.... [tags: Business Management]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Copthorne Hotel – Department Analysis Finance The finance department at the Copthorne Hotel is extremely important to the running of the hotel. Some of the finance operations are carried out within the hotel and some are centrally carried out. For example: Overall accounts, balance sheets for the whole company, Annual reports and break even analysis area all carried out centrally. These are all done centrally to reduce the amount of pressure on the individual hotels and to make sure that they have al the information sorted instead of waiting or the individual hotels to send all of the information to the central office.... [tags: Business and Management Studies:]
2874 words (8.2 pages)
- McDonalds Entering the Hotel Market External Environment The external environment of the hotel industry in is very competitive and already well established. Trends in the market include promotional campaigns to customers using the "more bang for your buck," method. There are several different segments of the hotel industry including: luxury, upscale, mid-market with food and beverage, mid-market without food and beverage, economy, and budget. Each different segment offers certain amenities to appeal to consumers depending on what they are looking for in an over night stay away from home.... [tags: Business Market Analysis]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- ... A hotel manager is accountable for the day-to-day functioning of a hotel and its staff. They have trade responsibilities for financial and budgeting management, organizing, planning and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (concierge, reservations, reception), housekeeping and food and beverage operations. While planning ahead to maximise profits and taking a strategic overview, the manager has to set a benchmark for the staff to deliver a standard of presentation and service that meets their esteemed guests expectations and needs.... [tags: customers, staff, hospitality]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Located at 373 Fifth Ave in Manhattan, Hotel 373 is a small, boutique styled hotel nestled in the shadow of the Empire State Building. It’s proximity to one of New York’s most iconic landmarks attracted a booming stream of tourists. Opened in 2007, Hotel 373 is held under the management of the Hersha Hospitality Management Company (HHMC), which also manages over a hundred other hotels within the country. Due to its petite size, the hotel currently operates with seventy rooms and a staff of thirteen employees under the guidance of the general manager, Gary DeSoiza.... [tags: Business Management]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- Some of the problems plaguing the Portman Hotel in its inception include a lack of harmony among the workers, a lack of effort by some of the personal valets, and a lack of discipline on the part of management. The following case study uses various theories to explain these issues. The harmony problem involving the "floating" personal valets can be explained using the Fundamental Attribution Error Theory. This is when the behavior of an individual or a group is attributed too much to an internal factor, when in fact; an external factor is at play (Class Lecture, 9/21).... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Total Quality Management REPORT ON PROMOTING QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR WATERLANDER HOTEL EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Global Marketing, Plastix International Plc hired Waterlander Hotel to host their annual banqueting. Global Marketing gave clear and specific details of their requirements to the hotel. However, Waterlander¡¦s failure to effectively plan and co-ordinate the activities resulted in the banqueting event been a total disaster and a embarrassment to the client. Waterlander Hotel failed to deliver to the customer expectation.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1674 words (4.8 pages)